2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Oleo wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 20:07
bigblue wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 18:45
Ah right, thanks. I haven't actually watched the race, just saw the RB incidents.
Also Ricciardo is allowed to retake his position under the same SC. But the race went back to green and he retook his position by overtaking Hulkenberg under the next SC and thats a big nono. That was just dumb, at least first check with your team, which he did not.
I am going to say something negative about Ricciardo. Sorry. But I have noticed this for a longer time. And perhaps it’s just human nature but ok. I don’t think that was dumb, Ricciardo is far from dumb but he has said on occasion he never really believed he would be champ but that he surprised people around him with his skill and so he wanted to keep surprising them. That is externally motivated and imho that can be good, but it only brings you so far. If someone then stands between him and succes in a way he feels unfair he can get vindictive and imho that motivated the taking back of “his” place.

Might just be a load of quack, who ever really knows these guys, but that’s just my impression.

Oleo
Oleo

Sieper wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 21:51
Oleo wrote:
bigblue wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 18:45
Ah right, thanks. I haven't actually watched the race, just saw the RB incidents.
Also Ricciardo is allowed to retake his position under the same SC. But the race went back to green and he retook his position by overtaking Hulkenberg under the next SC and thats a big nono. That was just dumb, at least first check with your team, which he did not.
I am going to say something negative about Ricciardo. Sorry. But I have noticed this for a longer time. And perhaps it’s just human nature but ok. I don’t think that was dumb, Ricciardo is far from dumb but he has said on occasion he never really believed he would be champ but that he surprised people around him with his skill and so he wanted to keep surprising them. That is externally motivated and imho that can be good, but it only brings you so far. If someone then stands between him and succes in a way he feels unfair he can get vindictive and imho that motivated the taking back of “his” place.

Might just be a load of quack, who ever really knows these guys, but that’s just my impression.
Yeah definately was vindictive. He was pissed from the damage, felt he was entitled to that place so he took it.
Doesnt change that its a dumb move to ruin your next race like that.

Sieper

True, now it will hurt (a bit) his next race.

bigblue

For what it's worth, it's also on formula1.com (not sure whether that guarantees the interpretation is correct),
“As Car 3 was unable to serve the penalty due to retirement, we imposed a three-grid place penalty to Car 3 for the next race in which the driver participates.”

That means Ricciardo, who also picked up two penalty points, will take the grid drop for the Sprint during the next round of the season at the Miami International Autodrome.

bigblue

btw, what have they done to Yuki! Some very considered and calm (and conventional!) remarks after the race. Feels wrong!

This is actually a shorter version, he goes on to thank the team for it's efforts to help in general. I must admit, I quite liked the frank and expletive-ridden version, it was always fun in a way, but everyone's insisting he must be calm at all times. They better not also stop him from giving out good food tips :-)

FW17

This is a farce by the stewards of not announcing the 10 sec penalty during the race. Riccardo could have come back to the race and retired after serving the penalty as it is allowed.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

HPD

Oleo wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 22:13
Sieper wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 21:51
Oleo wrote:

Yeah definately was vindictive. He was pissed from the damage, felt he was entitled to that place so he took it.
Doesnt change that its a dumb move to ruin your next race like that.
I don't think this is normal behavior. I think there is some kind of pressure towards Ricciardo and I understand that.

Big Gun
Big Gun

At least it feels like Ricciardo has found some mojo.
He will have to dominate Yuki or the rest o the season i he wants that Perez seat.....

mzso
mzso

Big Gun wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 16:35
He will have to dominate Yuki or the rest o the season i he wants that Perez seat.....
More like, if he wants the vcarb seat.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

basti313
basti313

Big Gun wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 16:35
Hmmm...not sure on this. I am still lacking the reference. I would agree if he would have been in Q3.
While Yuki on a good day moves into Q3...we saw that Ric this weekend was still behind a Haas and a Sauber in Q.
So we are still completely lacking the idea if the car was very bad this weekend or if Yuki was bad this weekend.

This combined with being simply unlucky and the stupid move to overtake under SC...I fear he is not off the hook yet, this weekend did not do good to him again, but at least it was not bad. I fear he still needs to fear race by race about the Vcarb seat.
Don`t russel the hamster!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Pretty fair assessment right here of DRs performance so far.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsport ... 492efa5f02

Also said car pace felt rapid before the crash by Stroll.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ricci ... /10602695/
Last edited by runningmanz on 25 Apr 2024, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Marko praises Dan after the China weekend.

" Ricciardo failed to score his first points of the season in China last week after being taken out by Lance Stroll. But Marko was encouraged by his performance up to that point.

“Daniel Ricciardo had a new chassis available in China and the whole thing was planned from the start because it is our third chassis that we wanted to bring to the track,” Marko told Speed Week. “But of course this change also played into psychology after Daniel’s disappointing performances on the previous weekends.

“Things went much better for Ricciardo in China. I find it unbelievable that Lance Stroll called him an ‘idiot after’ the chequered flag fell. And that he also had to receive a penalty for Miami. This really wasn’t his weekend.”

https://www.racefans.net/2024/04/25/rac ... p-25-04-7/

Wouter

runningmanz wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 11:15
Marko praises Dan after the China weekend.

" Ricciardo failed to score his first points of the season in China last week after being taken out by Lance Stroll. But Marko was encouraged by his performance up to that point.

“Daniel Ricciardo had a new chassis available in China and the whole thing was planned from the start because it is our third chassis that we wanted to bring to the track,” Marko told Speed Week. “But of course this change also played into psychology after Daniel’s disappointing performances on the previous weekends.

“Things went much better for Ricciardo in China. I find it unbelievable that Lance Stroll called him an ‘idiot after’ the chequered flag fell. And that he also had to receive a penalty for Miami. This really wasn’t his weekend.”

https://www.racefans.net/2024/04/25/rac ... p-25-04-7/
Marko wrote more in his column in Speed Week , not only about Daniel but also about Tsunoda.

This isn't from Racefans as you quoted but from the original source Speed Week:

Helmut Marko: "Yuki Tsunoda's performance in Shanghai was clear: If we look at another Shanghai rookie, Oscar Piastri, we see that
the Australian was half a second to a whole second slower than Lando Norris in the race.
So Shanghai is certainly a track where experience counts, especially as the rookies in the sprint format got even less driving time.

The Racing Bulls perhaps made the mistake of letting Tsunoda drive on hard tires in the only free practice session,
when the track still offered virtually no grip, and Yuki just skidded around on these rollers.

In the race, Tsunoda's lap times were on a par with Ricciardo. He would have had a chance of scoring points,
but Magnussen dashed his hopes."

Translated with DeepL.com

Yuki started on P19 on the soft and Ricciardo on P12 on the Medium. VSC because of Bottas. It became a Red Flag.

Before Piastri had damage he was 38 sec behind Norris (as Marko mentioned) with one more pitstop. Lando hadn't made a pitstop yet.

The Power of Dreams!