2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
codetower

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

So... Aston is blaming Sainz for Strolls crash? Too funny...

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

That is a Stroll fan account, not AMR official twitter.

codetower

AR3-GP wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 18:50
That is a Stroll fan account, not AMR official twitter.

Ohhh that makes more sense! I don't follow AM. That take was a bit ridiculous since every other driver behind was able to avoid contact except... Lance

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

dialtone wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 17:34
They are so conservative with the one-off liveries when the new WEC entry in yellow is absolutely gorgeous.

A real only blue throw back would sell millions in merch.

I’m expecting just a couple blue stripes and a blue rear wing main plate.
Seriously. A fully blue, one-off throwback Ferrari livery would be the talk of the town, from fans and media alike.

FDD
FDD

AR3-GP wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 01:22
Some are wanting to blame everything on tires which is far too simplistic. Certain aspects of the chinese circuit were simply not good for the Ferrari, epecially the T1-T2-T3 yin yang. Leclerc already suggested this after qualifying that Ferrari could not blame it all on the tires. Now Sainz says the same thing after the weekend. The pre-weekend simulations showed that some corners were going to be difficult.

"It's a track that I could see from the moment I tried it on the simulator that it would be difficult for our car. It just wasn't a good thing and we were slow all weekend."
https://formu1a.uno/it/ferrari-sainz-da ... -faticato/
Absolutely, tires were only a part for the general lack of performance which ended with only good weekend.

dia6olo
dia6olo

FDD wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 20:18
AR3-GP wrote:
Some are wanting to blame everything on tires which is far too simplistic. Certain aspects of the chinese circuit were simply not good for the Ferrari, epecially the T1-T2-T3 yin yang. Leclerc already suggested this after qualifying that Ferrari could not blame it all on the tires. Now Sainz says the same thing after the weekend. The pre-weekend simulations showed that some corners were going to be difficult.

"It's a track that I could see from the moment I tried it on the simulator that it would be difficult for our car. It just wasn't a good thing and we were slow all weekend."
Absolutely, tires were only a part for the general lack of performance which ended with only good weekend.
Personally I don't understand these views because ultimately it pretty much all comes down to tyres.
Whether it be because of to much down force, not enough down force, not enough tyre heat or to much tyre heat or a combination of all of them, ultimately they all effects how the tyres operate and ultimately it is always about the tyres regardless of the reasons.
Regardless of what Sainz said, the sprint race perfectly showed that the argument about the track not suiting is nonsense because it suited Leclerc perfectly fine in the sprint.
Last edited by dia6olo on 24 Apr 2024, 16:05, edited 3 times in total.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

AR3-GP wrote:

The car in the sprint looked much better though. Either McLaren really messed up their setup in the sprint or Ferrari moved backwards.

dialtone
dialtone

SoulPancake13 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

The car in the sprint looked much better though. Either McLaren really messed up their setup in the sprint or Ferrari moved backwards.
Or track evolved and moved towards their setup and away from Ferrari.

organic

Pretty sure it was stated after race that the setup changes made after the sprint to protect the tyres more in the race had backfired

Everyone could change setups between sprint and race, the conditions changed, and the tyre compounds changed (hards unknown for Ferrari). So you have way too many variables that are very difficult to disentangle ourselves. We have to rely more on what the media/Ferrari say happened unfortunately

Vanja #66

dialtone wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 17:34
They are so conservative with the one-off liveries when the new WEC entry in yellow is absolutely gorgeous.

A real only blue throw back would sell millions in merch.
Agreed, though I'm expecting a nice design and tasteful details. Monza 22, 23 and Vegas 23 liveries did not disappoint :) I really don't expect them to simply swap white and yellow stripes with La Plata and Dino shades of blue :lol:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Andres125sx

venkyhere wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 13:51
Andres125sx wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 08:39
About Norris, did you notice top speed? Lower for Leclerc even with wing level they used, and your suggestion is increasing rear wing so they loose even more top speed?
It's a knife edge balance. A car with less rear wing can still not have a good top speed number (if the length of the straight isn't long enough to reach Vmax saturation) if the exit from the previous corner is sub-optimal. The same car with slightly more wing, can perhaps hit 2-3 kph more purely because of better corner exit before the straight.
As a general rule of thumb, that´s true. But look at the telemetry, at 3000m the straight is more than long enough to reach Vmax and Ferrari couldn´t reach McLaren Vmax, so increasing rear wing would only decrease Vmax further :wink:

F1NAC

Merch for Miami GP

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https% ... g7ewc1.png

Why this link is not showing when using img brackets?

organic

JPower
JPower

Team is officially "Scuderia Ferrari HP" from Miami onwards. 8)

langedweil

That seems more than a bit of blue striping ..
Would be extremely cool if they decide to go full Dino blue !!
HuggaWugga !