Silly season 2024-2025

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
franbatista123

Re: Silly season 2024-2025

The more this whole Max to Merc drags on, the more i think George will second guess his role at Mercedes. Russell to Red Bull is something that few people are considering, and i actually think it's more likely than it appears at first glance. Would be a true silly season moment.

hollus

Just a gentle reminder that there is an "where is Adrian going next" thread:
viewtopic.php?t=31720

The guy is a racer, and even a competent racing driver, but discussing him in this thread is flattering him a bit too much?
Rivals, not enemies.

chrisc90

organic

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

franbatista123 wrote:
03 May 2024, 15:10
The more this whole Max to Merc drags on, the more i think George will second guess his role at Mercedes. Russell to Red Bull is something that few people are considering, and i actually think it's more likely than it appears at first glance. Would be a true silly season moment.
I agree. Russell is crazy competitive and would jump at the chance. If Horner needs a driver, Russell would be a solid option. People forget that Russell was the Antonelli in the 2017-18 period. And he backed it up with a rookie F2 title win.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Will Buxton:

"[Kimi Antonelli] could be making his F1 debut in Imola in a couple of weeks' time in place of Logan Sargeant."

"Sources appear to be quite reliable on this."

"They will need special dispensation from the FIA to run him as he is underage at 17 years of age."

"But the team have, to my understanding, already applied for that dispensation from the FIA."
https://twitter.com/FastestPitStop/stat ... 2234299396

organic

Dunlay wrote:
04 May 2024, 03:29
Will Buxton:

"[Kimi Antonelli] could be making his F1 debut in Imola in a couple of weeks' time in place of Logan Sargeant."

"Sources appear to be quite reliable on this."

"They will need special dispensation from the FIA to run him as he is underage at 17 years of age."

"But the team have, to my understanding, already applied for that dispensation from the FIA."
https://twitter.com/FastestPitStop/stat ... 2234299396

So Vowles denies it outright

Slim possibility he's just smoothing things over for Logan's home race and he'll get chucked anyway but I don't see it. If it was Horner sure, but I don't think Vowles/Williams want to be seen as operating like that

hollus

Some posts have been moved: :arrow: Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing
Rivals, not enemies.

JordanMugen

franbatista123 wrote:
Russell would also be an excellent signing for Red Bull racing! =D>

It's hard to imagine Russell in Red Bull blue (where Sainz has obviously worn it before), but anything is possible and Red Bull were keen on Russell if Mercedes would have released him for 2021.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

CHT wrote:
03 May 2024, 13:20
I am guessing Max future team make will be Oscar Piastri and trust that Mark Webber will make that happen eventually.
Oscar to Red Bull and Carlos comes home to McLaren.... That would suit me!! 😝

JordanMugen

franbatista123 wrote:
Does Red Bull take Sainz or Russell?

If Verstppen leaves, Red Bull ideally takes both IMO (unless Red Bull can get Antonelli somehow, but I don't think that's going to happen!).

It would be a big risk for Russell to prefer the Ford RBPT engine over the Mercedes HPP, when Ford RBPT have never built a Formula 1 engine before! :shock:

Dunlay
Dunlay

JordanMugen wrote:
08 May 2024, 14:18
franbatista123 wrote:

If Verstppen leaves, Red Bull ideally takes both IMO (unless Red Bull can get Antonelli somehow, but I don't think that's going to happen!).

It would be a big risk for Russell to prefer the Ford RBPT engine over the Mercedes HPP, when Ford RBPT have never built a Formula 1 engine before! :shock:
Well, Ford RBPT might not have built a F1 engine before, but those 220 Mercedes HPP engineers that have joined RBPT, alongside ex-Honda engineers, have built strong engines. :lol:

Zynerji

Dunlay wrote:
08 May 2024, 15:40
JordanMugen wrote:
08 May 2024, 14:18
franbatista123 wrote:

Well, Ford RBPT might not have built a F1 engine before, but those 220 Mercedes HPP engineers that have joined RBPT, alongside ex-Honda engineers, have built strong engines. :lol:
The last 10 championship winning engines, at least.... 8)

deadhead

The Sainz situation is very interesting because no matter where he goes he ends up with a very tough teammate..

RB: he risks becoming another Perez
Mercedes: Russel will certainly give him a lot of trouble. They are pretty much on the same level.
Audi: HUL might recreate the situation they were in at Renault in 2018, which is not good for Sainz.

So best case is VER leaves for Mercedes and he takes that seat at RB and goes vs Perez

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

deadhead wrote:
08 May 2024, 16:11
The Sainz situation is very interesting because no matter where he goes he ends up with a very tough teammate..

RB: he risks becoming another Perez
Mercedes: Russel will certainly give him a lot of trouble. They are pretty much on the same level.
Audi: HUL might recreate the situation they were in at Renault in 2018, which is not good for Sainz.

So best case is VER leaves for Mercedes and he takes that seat at RB and goes vs Perez
I don't see Verstappen leaving for Mercedes for 2025 anymore (the low probability that it was, is even lower now). Some elements within the team seem to have stabilized. Red Bull signed contracts to 2028 for Balbo, Wache, and Waterhouse. RB Austria (Mintzlaff) decided that milking the current success as long as possible ($$$) is better than burning it all to the ground and having nothing because of 1 person.