2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisc90

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Norris had the car today. Max struggled on the hards massively.

Lucky with the SC giving him a free pitstop by picking up 2nd place, but it is what it is. Equally as happy for Lando getting his first win. Faultless race and truly deserved win.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Bill wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:57
the hot temperature were bad for redbull same with australia
Track temperature was similar to yesterday.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

ispano6

It looked like Max damaged his floor landing on the base of the bollard.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ispano6 wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:20
Red Bull will be hoping that happened...but I doubt it. The pace was mediocre even before the incident.

I also don't expect much from Imola upgrades (Dr. Obbs said it was circuit specific tweaks at best). It's not going to be anything like what Mclaren have done or what Ferrari are preparing.

kediown

AR3-GP wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:27
ispano6 wrote:
Red Bull will be hoping that happened...but I doubt it. The pace was mediocre even before the incident.

I also don't expect much from Imola upgrades (Dr. Obbs said it was circuit specific tweaks at best). It's not going to be anything like what Mclaren have done or what Ferrari are preparing.
Didn't Newey say the Imola upgrades would be noticable significantly from outside earlier at the season?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

kediown wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:36
AR3-GP wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Didn't Newey say the Imola upgrades would be noticable significantly from outside earlier at the season?
I think Newey was saying by Imola, the car will look completely different because of the totality of the changes in Suzuka, (a small change at a GP I can't remember), and final changes in Imola. He didn't mean (imo), that the car from Imola would look nothing like the car in Miami. Bahrain start was the reference.

kediown

AR3-GP wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:37
kediown wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:36
AR3-GP wrote:

I think Newey was saying by Imola, the car will look completely different because of the totality of the changes in Suzuka, (a small change at a GP I can't remember), and final changes in Imola. He didn't mean (imo), that the car from Imola would look nothing like the car in Miami. Bahrain start was the reference.
The car doesn't look like completely different so far to me but we'll be going to see it in two weeks anyway. Would enjoy to see big changes :D

Sergej
Sergej

So it was only a bad setup today ? I think Red Bull will desperately need upgrades in Imola where also Ferrari are going to have a big jump forward.

On a positive note, already 2 of 6 of these fu**ing sprint weekends are over with 2 sprint wins, one win and one second place, not too bad after all.

Vettel165

Nothing major it happens, Red Bull usually has problems with sprint weekends. I think there is a strong possibility that things will go back to normal with Max dominating, when we go back to Imola. But Mclaren is getting closer. Looks like our car likes circuits with low- track temperatures, Max was complaining with the car sliding around from FP1. I am not worried for now, its good to see the new winner, but alarms might go off if our race pace in Imola is also not that good. But I see Red Bull improving again, and finding the problem, that we had in Miami. :)
Last edited by Vettel165 on 06 May 2024, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

Sergej
Sergej

As for upgrades, I read too what DrObbs wrote (circuit specific tweaks) but I found it a bit odd, you don't bring circuit specific tweak in Imola which is by no means a specific circuit, rather it's quite traditional, in my view it's a right place where to introduce performance upgrades. But maybe I'm only deluding myself :D

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vettel165 wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:01
Nothing major it happens, Red Bull usually has problems with sprint weekends. I think there is a strong possibility that things will go back to normal with Max dominating, while we go back to Imola. But Mclaren is getting closer. Looks like our car likes circuits with low- track temperatures, Max was complaining with the car sliding around from FP1. I am not worried for now, its good to see the new winner, but alarms might go off if our race pace in Imola is also not that good. But I see Red Bull improving again, and finding the problem, that we had in Miami. :)
I imagine Mclaren and Ferrari being there in Imola and onwards. I think car-wise, this idea of dominance is dead. They have more Wind Tunnel hours. Their massive upgrade packages are hardly surprising. Ferrari is lying about 2 tenths. They will probably do the same as Mclaren (4-5 tenths).

Nevertheless, I'm still content because Verstappen/Red Bull brings so much outside of the car's pace. They already took two poles this weekend that they should not have had to give them the best chance in the races (and did so at Bahrain and Australia as well). Verstappen performed two clinical race starts from pole as he has done all season. Pit stops are great. I think if the SC did not come out, Verstappen would have been able to hold off those behind and stolen the result when they were not the fastest. All of these positives are still on Red Bull's side every race weekend. There's plenty to be confident about as the opposing teams improve their cars.

Vettel165

AR3-GP wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:10
Vettel165 wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:01
Nothing major it happens, Red Bull usually has problems with sprint weekends. I think there is a strong possibility that things will go back to normal with Max dominating, while we go back to Imola. But Mclaren is getting closer. Looks like our car likes circuits with low- track temperatures, Max was complaining with the car sliding around from FP1. I am not worried for now, its good to see the new winner, but alarms might go off if our race pace in Imola is also not that good. But I see Red Bull improving again, and finding the problem, that we had in Miami. :)
Nevertheless, I'm still content because Verstappen/Red Bull brings so much outside of the car's pace. They already took two poles this weekend that they should not have had to give them the best chance in the races (and did so at Bahrain and Australia as well). Verstappen performed two clinical race starts from pole as he has done all season. Pit stops are great. I think if the SC did not come out, Verstappen would have been able to hold off those behind and stolen the result when they were not the fastest. All of these positives are still on Red Bull's side every race weekend. There's plenty to be confident about as the opposing teams improve their cars.
Fantastic post, I agree. =D>

ispano6

AR3-GP wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Hard to tell what the black bits splintering off from below his car are when he came down on the base. There's a replay after the race that goes in slow motion. Could have been more of the bollard base. All I'm mentioning is that it's what it looked like, not what RB are hoping for

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ispano6 wrote:
06 May 2024, 02:00
AR3-GP wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Hard to tell what the black bits splintering off from below his car are when he came down on the base. There's a replay after the race that goes in slow motion. Could have been more of the bollard base. All I'm mentioning is that it's what it looked like, not what RB are hoping for
Yes I know what you mean. and by Red Bull hoping for, I meant me, coping :D :lol:

ispano6

AR3-GP wrote:
06 May 2024, 02:04
ispano6 wrote:
06 May 2024, 02:00
AR3-GP wrote:

Yes I know what you mean. and by Red Bull hoping for, I meant me, coping :D :lol:
Exactly, probably didn't help that it was gusty and if there was damage, might explain some things like switching between understeer and oversteer. But Perez barely kept Hamilton behind on mediums, so the car probably was not set up optimally for the weekend.