2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
f1316
f1316

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:41
scuderiabrandon wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:38
AmateurDriver wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:30

Ferrari must stop talking and start producing results. Today McLaren gave them a bitter lesson. On the hand Ferrari keeping on saying we're quite there, we're closing the gap, we are maximing the car as it is, we are optimizing tyre behavior and so on. On the other McLaren silent and striving to deliver. And they delivered, surprising everyone. I fear more and more my gut feeling was right: on the one hand a luxury brand full of PRs and marketing agents, on the other hand a committed racing.team.
Mclaren gave them a bitter lesson? Leclerc was the biggest loser with BOTH the VSC/SC, Norris the bigger winner with the safety car. If everyone is matched on pace, it's lady luck or strategy that decides your race. Secondly they pretty much brought a modern day B-spec car here if you don't recall.

Talking about being surprised, literally no one was surprised by them after seeing their pace on Friday.
Small point, but I don't think the VSC impacted any of the leaders. They all passed the pit entry when it came out, and it was green before they finished the lap.
I think (as usual) Leclerc lost a bit of time under VSC. He’s not as good as others at maximising those periods.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Second part of poor strategy by Ferrari was pitting Sainz. They should have left him out and done a job on Norris to hold him up. I doubt Norris would have gotten straight past.

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

scuderiabrandon wrote:
AmateurDriver wrote:
Emag wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:10

It's a bit early to call off RedBull because clearly something wasn't working for them here. China was very dominant.
But if we assume the direct followers (Ferrari and McLaren) are getting closer, that upgrade could catapult Ferrari to the lead team.

But it all depends on how much RedBull's upgrades bring for them. Did that 0.250s number on Ferrari's upgrades come from a reliable source?
Ferrari must stop talking and start producing results. Today McLaren gave them a bitter lesson. On the hand Ferrari keeping on saying we're quite there, we're closing the gap, we are maximing the car as it is, we are optimizing tyre behavior and so on. On the other McLaren silent and striving to deliver. And they delivered, surprising everyone. I fear more and more my gut feeling was right: on the one hand a luxury brand full of PRs and marketing agents, on the other hand a committed racing.team.
Mclaren gave them a bitter lesson? Leclerc was the biggest loser with BOTH the VSC/SC, Norris the bigger winner with the safety car. If everyone is matched on pace, it's lady luck or strategy that decides your race. Secondly they pretty much brought a modern day B-spec car here if you don't recall.

Talking about being surprised, literally no one was surprised by them after seeing their pace on Friday.
I meant to say they surprised everyone in the whole weekend, not today. I am maintining they had flown under the radars while preparing some very serious stuff and had managed to be the first ones to close the gap, much to the surprise of many, first of all of Ferrari, that on the contrary had talked and promised a lot but up to now had achieved quite a little, and now is in the prospect of find themselves in third position.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

AmateurDriver wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:55
scuderiabrandon wrote:
AmateurDriver wrote:

I meant to say they surprised everyone in the whole weekend, not today. I am maintining they had flown under the radars while preparing some very serious stuff and had managed to be the first ones to close the gap, much to the surprise of many, first of all of Ferrari, that on the contrary had talked and promised a lot but up to now had achieved quite a little, and now is in the prospect of find themselves in third position.
It's early to make that call. Mclaren served a strong warning today (it's actually two races in a row that they have been quicker than Ferrari), but Ferrari has reinforcements for Imola so we shall see! Exciting times to be honest.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 06 May 2024, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

Emag
Emag

AmateurDriver wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:
AmateurDriver wrote:

I think it's too early to say Ferrari is in danger of dropping to 3rd. Let's wait and see how things pan out after all of the top 3 put the first major upgrades on their car.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

AmateurDriver wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:
AmateurDriver wrote:

Yes but that’s how upgrades work. As the season progresses teams improve and the order changes. Hopefully the Ferrari package is strong enough to recover the gap to MCL then there could be a really interesting series of races on our hands.

jambuka
jambuka

Ferrari hasn't gotten any upgrades. Feels like if this was a normal weekend, setup could have been better. But setup would have been better for RB, MCL as well. Hope Imola upgrade is more than 0.2.

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

Vinlarr89 wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:01
AmateurDriver wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:

Yes but that’s how upgrades work. As the season progresses teams improve and the order changes. Hopefully the Ferrari package is strong enough to recover the gap to MCL then there could be a really interesting series of races on our hands.
That's how upgrades are hoped to work, but only seldom do. Otherwise Mercedes would not be struggling since the introduction of present technical regulations. I am really looking forward to finally seeing Ferrari really delivering, I love the team and its history, but I cant help being pessimistic, as I have seemed to notice a lack of commitment for some years.

codetower

Why was Sainz summoned for the Piastri incident? I thought they decided no further investigation needed?

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

AmateurDriver wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:08
Vinlarr89 wrote:
AmateurDriver wrote:

That's how upgrades are hoped to work, but only seldom do. Otherwise Mercedes would not be struggling since the introduction of present technical regulations. I am really looking forward to finally seeing Ferrari really delivering, I love the team and its history, but I cant help being pessimistic, as I have seemed to notice a lack of commitment for some years.
Lack of commitment is unfair. Yes there have been poorly managed years, and technical and professional mistakes made, but I don’t think anyone has lacked commitment. Just look how far the car has come from the shambles that was the sf-23. Upgrades don’t always work you’re damn right. But lets try and stay glass half full

scuderiabrandon

codetower wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:16
Why was Sainz summoned for the Piastri incident? I thought they decided no further investigation needed?
That was for the 2nd coming together in turn 17, should 100% be no penalty.

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

Vinlarr89 wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:19
AmateurDriver wrote:
Vinlarr89 wrote:

Lack of commitment is unfair. Yes there have been poorly managed years, and technical and professional mistakes made, but I don’t think anyone has lacked commitment. Just look how far the car has come from the shambles that was the sf-23. Upgrades don’t always work you’re damn right. But lets try and stay glass half full
Lack of commitment in the owners and top management. I am sure drivers, engineers, technicians and mechanics do take their jobs very seriously. But as a matter of fact, McLaren and Aston did chase key people out from Red Bull and Mercedes with much more convinction. I don't want to go again through topics that have been discussed and argued on millions of times (with a fair share of bitterness), but let me say that actions taken at Ferrari to move on from the shambles of the sf23 have consisted nearly only in discontinuing some positions (and of course I am not denying that those action had to be taken for the good).

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

AmateurDriver wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:33
Vinlarr89 wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:19
AmateurDriver wrote:

Lack of commitment in the owners and top management. I am sure drivers, engineers, technicians and mechanics do take their jobs very seriously. But as a matter of fact, McLaren and Aston did chase key people out from Red Bull and Mercedes with much more convinction. I don't want to go again through topics that have been discussed and argued on millions of times (with a fair share of bitterness), but let me say that actions taken at Ferrari to move on from the shambles of the sf23 have consisted nearly only in discontinuing some positions (and of course I am not denying that those action had to be taken for the good).
Ferrari has hired a lot of engineers from rivals (as well as Hamilton). This is a good twitter chain with an overview:

leblanc
leblanc

ringo wrote:
05 May 2024, 19:18
Vanja #66 wrote:
04 May 2024, 23:06
Let's keep the pressure on boys, well done! They must keep Perez behind at all costs, anything less than double podium is underperformance
Perez will fly past both Ferraris. Once his car steadily brings the tyres into working range.
The rdbull still has massive closing speed, traction and braking power and stability. Perez is very used to fighting past to secure P2.
If he doesnt pass at the start, he will past when the deg slows down the ferraris more than the redbull.
This aged well. (Not hating)

Xyz22
Xyz22

RB underperformed massively, especially Perez who was nowhere indeed. He was quite decent in the sprint so idk what happened there.