2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Macklaren
Macklaren

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

A few thoughts on this incredible day --
1) Sunday Lando is a lot more fired up if he screws up his Saturday
2) this was def a win on merit since Max would have flown past everyone on an SC restart in normal circs
3) Wonderful to see Lando and McLaren so popular up and down the paddock
4) Calling it now -- Lando wins at Imola! The track is much better for us than Miami, cooler conditions and Lando goes well there with multiple podiums

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Fantastic race! Hurray comrades and fans of the McLaren team! Lando did it! Race heroes Logan and Kevin. Not a joke. Superbly fast pace, Lando implemented everything as he should have from the very beginning of the race.

When the chance to win arose, I guessed that here in the thread I would have to re-read more than 4-5 pages, as is usually the case. And I was not mistaken! :D I read every comment you made, comrades.

It went perfectly. At the start of the season, I was confident that the team would be capable of being second fastest and that victory was indeed possible. Lando also confirmed this. And then it happened! I’m very happy for the team, very happy for Lando! Emotions are still overwhelming me. I held on as best I could so as not to jinx it.

I personally wanted the increase in the race to be 0.4 seconds per lap in racing mode. But apparently I greatly underestimated the team. This is understandable. The team played low, trying not to attract too much attention.

It’s hard to say how many times I’ll watch this race again. It was magical. =D>

Yes, definitely, now it will be easier for Lando. The weight has been lifted from his shoulders, there will be no pressure that fans, commentators and other people put on him. What happened with Mika Hakkinen is repeated. He also had a lot of podiums without victories, and then he suddenly broke through.

It's a shame what happened to Oscar. Unfortunately, this sometimes happens. But the race pace was high and comparable to Ferrari, and that already says a lot. Oscar came with the old floor, sidepod, engine hood and beam wing.

To echo Will Joseph's words, the car should be even faster on other tracks. So the team again made an incredible hyperjump in space, once again proving to everyone that they had reached the top level!

And finally I can ask, do some still think that Newey's arrival was so necessary, or can the staff of engineers and the aerodynamic department, led by Peter Prodromou, not do better? The answer to this question was given and confirmed today.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, swearing on live television is something! :D Lando is like a Rock Star today!
Last edited by LionsHeart on 06 May 2024, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.

billamend
billamend

LionsHeart wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:26
Yes, definitely, now it will be easier for Lando. The weight has been lifted from his shoulders, there will be no pressure that fans, commentators and other people put on him. What happened with Mika Hakkinen is repeated. He also had a lot of podiums without victories, and then he suddenly broke through.
Mika literally did 15 podiums without a win as well. It's in the stars.

mwillems

Darth-Piekus wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:19
So regarding Donald Trump I said some hours before that he might bring a little bit of his aura. How right I was.
It was just his spray tan. He get's it done for free by standing in the same room as the car when it is sprayed.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

RaebotUK
RaebotUK

It was a real joy to see Fred V celebrate with McLaren. I’ve been watching since 1995 and this current era between the two teams is just a joy!

Genuinely so happy for the team, well done to all that have stuck by the team all these years!

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Darth-Piekus

Well Lionsheart. After that victory I believe I have to apologise to Peter Prodromou who happens to be from the same country as me for ever doubting him. After all he was Newey's apprentice and should have plenty of experience from him.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

billamend
billamend

Darth-Piekus wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:19
So regarding Donald Trump I said some hours before that he might bring a little bit of his aura. How right I was.
🤢

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Darth-Piekus wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:41
Well Lionsheart. After that victory I believe I have to apologise to Peter Prodromou who happens to be from the same country as me for ever doubting him. After all he was Newey's apprentice and should have plenty of experience from him.
You have no idea how happy I was when I found out that Prodromou returned to McLaren in 2014: and then McLaren were the first to sell sidepods of size zero. Back then, at the beginning of the turbo era, this was unthinkable, since everyone had large and voluminous sidepods. It was McLaren who started this trend.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

By the way, yesterday I forgot to write something: with every update and evolution, McLaren becomes more and more beautiful. Clean lines, graceful shapes.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Guys, that’s awesome! :D =D>

Watto
Watto

Well done Lando. Brilliant drive.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Last year mclaren were 17th and 19th in Miami... What an amazing comeback and turnaround.

I'm not sure but wasn't Miami supposed to be Mclaren's weakest track? Is it just because of temperatures or corner speed?
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Thursday evening I found out how much the Mclaren package was worth. I would have spoken differently live if I had known before 😅