2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Nikosar
Nikosar

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
18 May 2024, 20:55
Nikosar wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:09
diffuser wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:01

Yep heard that. Alonso said "we go now? Engineer said ¨ box box", like there was a problem. Alonso asked why and it no answer ...just "box".
Aside all the problems, set-ups ecc... if we put the car in the best conditions, the car is still SLOW : no pace no balance no tyre optimization since BAHRAIN.

It is ok to be optimistic every race and we understood we are not fighting this years for podiums. But we cannot keep missing the upgrades. Both TORO ROSSO are in Q3 today a team that is indeed sister company of Red Bull but with half of Aston Martin talents and capabilities. HAAS the same, they put a car in Q3 almost every race.

Someone at ASTON need to take responsibility for their big paychek they are receiving and stop selling us optimism every interview.
AMR said competitive for 2026. Not sure where you're getting where they're selling us anything sooner.
YOU are the most optimistic of this forum but the realty is :

Dan Fallows : " « I would describe the AMR24 as a significant evolution of last year's car, and it looks quite different with many new parts to give us a solid foundation for development," he said. »« The chassis design is new, as well as the nose, front wing, front suspension, and rear suspension. We want to compete in the development race this season and this car is designed to do just that. » "

Also HIS quote « Red Bull is absolutely beatable »

Later in the season he stated : "So, you want to make sure when you bring an update that it does perform in all the different conditions."
"It's been a learning experience and I think we have a bit more confidence now that these upgrades do work.

( There is no track since Bahrain where the car fitted the circuit )

Krack : "A change at Imola to 'close the gap' with the leaders"

You can listen to every interview they do and see yourself.

Tom mccullough is the only one at Aston, who keeps his feet on the ground

Honda want a win in 2026 not a competitive car.... they been clear about it.

wiktor977
wiktor977

xReVo wrote:
18 May 2024, 22:10
SSJ4 wrote:
18 May 2024, 21:09
Monaco should be a lot better. We were the best in heavy traction zones in saudi qualy. Hopefully when we dump all extra downforce we should be better

It’s crazy alonso was p3 in wet and dry qualy in China. Feels like an age ago
You have to forget about China, it's an atypical circuit, where I had already predicted that Alonso is a speed monster. It is not to be taken into consideration
In what way China is 'an atypical' circuit? No one predicted P3 in China, stop it.

xReVo
xReVo

wiktor977 wrote:
18 May 2024, 23:26
xReVo wrote:
18 May 2024, 22:10
SSJ4 wrote:
18 May 2024, 21:09
Monaco should be a lot better. We were the best in heavy traction zones in saudi qualy. Hopefully when we dump all extra downforce we should be better

It’s crazy alonso was p3 in wet and dry qualy in China. Feels like an age ago
You have to forget about China, it's an atypical circuit, where I had already predicted that Alonso is a speed monster. It is not to be taken into consideration
In what way China is 'an atypical' circuit? No one predicted P3 in China, stop it.
Go look at my previous posts and you'll see that I predicted it. Aston Martin was good in qualifying up until China, Alonso's skill on that circuit made it start from 3rd position.

xReVo
xReVo

Nikosar wrote:
18 May 2024, 22:17
diffuser wrote:
Nikosar wrote:

Aside all the problems, set-ups ecc... if we put the car in the best conditions, the car is still SLOW : no pace no balance no tyre optimization since BAHRAIN.

It is ok to be optimistic every race and we understood we are not fighting this years for podiums. But we cannot keep missing the upgrades. Both TORO ROSSO are in Q3 today a team that is indeed sister company of Red Bull but with half of Aston Martin talents and capabilities. HAAS the same, they put a car in Q3 almost every race.

Someone at ASTON need to take responsibility for their big paychek they are receiving and stop selling us optimism every interview.
AMR said competitive for 2026. Not sure where you're getting where they're selling us anything sooner.

Dan Fallows : " « I would describe the AMR24 as a significant evolution of last year's car, and it looks quite different with many new parts to give us a solid foundation for development," he said. »« The chassis design is new, as well as the nose, front wing, front suspension, and rear suspension. We want to compete in the development race this season and this car is designed to do just that. » "

Later in the season he stated : "So, you want to make sure when you bring an update that it does perform in all the different conditions."
"It's been a learning experience and I think we have a bit more confidence now that these upgrades do work.

Yes indeed, a lot of hype for nothing in the end. Honda, as you said well, has declared that it wants to win the world championship in 2026, they are one of the most important brands in the world and their mentality is to win straight away, there's no such thing as waiting, having experiences and all this stuff

diffuser

Nikosar wrote:
18 May 2024, 22:17
diffuser wrote:
Nikosar wrote:

It was proven in Japan that it is significantly faster that last years car. It's strength and weaknesses compared to the rest of the league has changed. It has become apparent that this year's car weakness is the rear df and it has some balance issues. Hopefully, after Monaco they can come up with something to improve the rear DF issue.

This is frustrating but someone needs to take the high road. It much easier to tear stuff down. Much harder to support the teamin these times.

Ashwinv16

To me it seems like they are chasing race pace and it's costing them heavily in quali. As shown by stroll, a pace drop in quali is bad but as seen in Miami, the car has pretty good race pace (especially towards the end of the race). The effort is to now bring that pace to the start of the race but unfortunately its not costing them In quali as they are not able to fire the tyres up fast enough, and if pushed to hard, they overheat(going for race set-up the operating window is smaller temp wise(as you 80% pushing steadily for conutnus laps rather 100% for one lap than so that you get a larger window Wear wise.) The race pace I today's race will give the answer on if things are working. (Remeber towards the end Aston were faster than every car except the top 3 teams with completely the wrong set up (too much wing)).
Halo not as bad as we thought

-wkst-
-wkst-

All sources (more or less close to ALO) say that the updates don't work (or are not really an improvement): Briatore, De La Rosa and Lobato.

It's over once again.

There MUST be corrections from Stroll now, I guess Krack will be out immediately. Stroll has to strengthen the technical department further.

Xyz22
Xyz22

-wkst- wrote:
19 May 2024, 09:46
All sources (more or less close to ALO) say that the updates don't work (or are not really an improvement): Briatore, De La Rosa and Lobato.

It's over once again.

There MUST be corrections from Stroll now, I guess Krack will be out immediately. Stroll has to strengthen the technical department further.
De La Rosa said it as well?

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Xyz22 wrote:
19 May 2024, 09:57
-wkst- wrote:
19 May 2024, 09:46

It's over once again.

De La Rosa said it as well?
De la Rosa said " the others push and improvement more than us"

-wkst-
-wkst-

He circumscribed it (as an employee) to DAZN that the others improved more with their updates...
He also said that they need more downforce front and rear, but especially rear to protect the tyres from overheating (sliding less that the car becomes more neutral).
Moreover he said that they have a hard time to adapt to a track.

Tomsky
Tomsky

Fernando Alonso will start the #ImolaGP from the pit lane

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Just an example:
I have a car ,I have a simulator and I have computer for simulation. How is possible that they can't simulate the tyres degradation or tyres overheat. How is possible that they didn't seen it at winter time? They never did run a full race distance in the simulator ? How is possible that last year the simulator told them they will be strong in Hungary and actually was a disaster. Even the Haas ,,Williams Alpine upgrades working . I also can tell you is not about the Mercedes motor or suspension, because Aston not even close to Mercedes. I don't know what options they have or left or what the regulations allow to them,but I would try to make a parallel back to back test start with an another wind tunnel and another simulation software and drop all that data in their simulator in the factory so they could close out things. Miami I think was a wake up call for Aston because they was second slower than last year. Actually with the last year Alonso Q3 time could be enough for the fron row. But I also wouldn't close out the new stiffer Pirelli tyres causes problems which was used since Silverstone .

SSJ4
SSJ4

Is astons simulator old or new? I always feel like we make the least amount of improvement from Friday to Saturday/sunday

Otromundo

I would really like to see a clean race from Fernando. At least without accidents. To see how far he can go with our current car. I think it would be the best test to know exactly how we are.

Oremus... (praying)...
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

If they've broken park fermé to install different speced parts... Wouldn't that mean that they put old parts?

EDIT: Spanish press publish that AM has said that, prior to the gravel excursion of Alo in Q1, there was a "crack" or something happened, which caused the car go out the track. Then the floor got damaged, so the told Alo to pit, given he wasn't going to improve his lap.

They say the car still has all the new parts, just repaired, and they changed the setup.

They also say that both drivers feel not too good about these upgrades.
Last edited by Sedaxel on 19 May 2024, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.