2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Sainz got a 5 second penalty post race so Perez got P4.

ringo

Vettel165 wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:01
Nothing major it happens, Red Bull usually has problems with sprint weekends. I think there is a strong possibility that things will go back to normal with Max dominating, while we go back to Imola. But Mclaren is getting closer. Looks like our car likes circuits with low- track temperatures, Max was complaining with the car sliding around from FP1. I am not worried for now, its good to see the new winner, but alarms might go off if our race pace in Imola is also not that good. But I see Red Bull improving again, and finding the problem, that we had in Miami. :)
Agreed. People forget there was no time to properly setup the car. RB20 will find back its feet next race. The Mclaren is closer for sure, but I am not sold on the big celebrations that its somehow now equal to RB20.
For Sure!!

dialtone
dialtone

AR3-GP wrote:Sainz got a 5 second penalty post race so Perez got P4.
Not even remotely deserved p4.

dialtone
dialtone

ringo wrote:
Vettel165 wrote:
Nothing major it happens, Red Bull usually has problems with sprint weekends. I think there is a strong possibility that things will go back to normal with Max dominating, while we go back to Imola. But Mclaren is getting closer. Looks like our car likes circuits with low- track temperatures, Max was complaining with the car sliding around from FP1. I am not worried for now, its good to see the new winner, but alarms might go off if our race pace in Imola is also not that good. But I see Red Bull improving again, and finding the problem, that we had in Miami. :)
Agreed. People forget there was no time to properly setup the car. RB20 will find back its feet next race. The Mclaren is closer for sure, but I am not sold on the big celebrations that its somehow now equal to RB20.
MCL brought a new car basically and clearly had setup issues of their own. Everyone was on the same boat. This track and temperature simply didn’t work well for RBR and Ferrari and MCL updates worked very well.

Dunlay
Dunlay

What a great drive from the highly rated Perez! He successfully managed to keep Lewis behind him in that dominant Mercedes. =D>

ispano6

"Max Verstappen has claimed that Formula 1 team-mate Sergio Perez caused minor damage to his Red Bull at the start of the Miami Grand Prix.

From pole position, Verstappen led into Turn 1, but from fourth on the grid, Perez went deep and locked up, appearing to hit the rear of the sister RB20.

As he had done all throughout the weekend, Verstappen suffered with balance issues in the race, including a bollard-strike at Turn 15 which caused minor wing and floor damage, and triggered the brief virtual safety car on Lap 28. "

https://racingnews365.com/verstappen-cl ... ull-damage

Aesop
Aesop

I think i had a scratch on my diffuser he said jokingly...

Rikhart
Rikhart

https://racingnews365.com/horner-reveal ... ck-mistake

He had floor damage, I thought this immediately after seeing the replay of him going over the bollard.

ME4ME

Damage or not it was self inflicted. Mclaren and Norris just did a better job this weekend, put themselves in a position to benefit in case of a safety car. We've seen Red Bull do that throughout the Mercedes-years.

Ultimately everyone was inconsistent throughout the weekend, Norris, Hamilton and Ricciardo particulary so. But as a team Red Bull got it somewhat right on friday and saturday but were found lacking on sunday.

Paa

ME4ME wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:26
Damage or not it was self inflicted. Mclaren and Norris just did a better job this weekend, put themselves in a position to benefit in case of a safety car. We've seen Red Bull do that throughout the Mercedes-years.

Ultimately everyone was inconsistent throughout the weekend, Norris, Hamilton and Ricciardo particulary so. But as a team Red Bull got it somewhat right on friday and saturday but were found lacking on sunday.
Norris had the best pace, no question. But lucking out the safety car doesn't qualify for "doing the better job" in my book.

I'm happy for Norris, but this was a lucky win, despite the raw pace.

avantman
avantman

ringo wrote:
06 May 2024, 04:10
Vettel165 wrote:
equal?
Mclaren was dominant pace wise this weekend. It wasn't even close.

chrisc90

avantman wrote:
06 May 2024, 10:16
ringo wrote:
06 May 2024, 04:10
Vettel165 wrote:
equal?
Mclaren was dominant pace wise this weekend. It wasn't even close.
I think Ringo is right. We've seen before the RBR have off days. Singapore 2023 for example where the pace was no-where. RBR struggled in Miami. Fact. I think I even remember someone saying that humidity was quite high in the race. 60%? Which may have played a factor.

McLaren have made a step forwards, but I too, will be very sceptical its equal to the RBR when its set up properly. That is something we will only see in future races, ideally without a sprint weekend, as to how the gaps are 'closing'. Imola next weekend and supposedly upgrades for Ferrari and RBR. Ferrari boys seem to think they will be the hidden gem and will make their car faster than the RBR, but we will see. At this moment, they also need to make sure they have 1 of their 2 eyes focused on McLaren behind them.

I still think the RB20 will have a few tenths in hand over the others, even when they bring their upgrades, and the team bring theirs to the car (RB20).

What is a shocker though, is Perez fighting with the Mercedes of Lewis. He should be well above what the W15 is capable of. Maybe once again, we will see him drop off as the season enters the European side of things. He needs to step up, or I hope the team have no problem in dropping Sainz a offer.

avantman
avantman

yes Max made the wrong decision to cut the chicane. I can't even call it driving mistake, as he could've easily kept it on track losing a bit of laptime, but deliberately decided to cheat a lilbit, as they drivers often do these days on these kind of sh*tty race tracks that allow for that. We saw all drivers do similar things, and going away from it with no damage, you cannot predict the outcome, but Max will for sure study more carefully how these bollards are mounted to the ground next time. If was costly.
If there was a wall, gravel or grass, Max wouldn't have gotten any damage. So, he decided to cut the chicane to lose no time, but he made that decision when was a bit too late already, and found himself in the middle, coming right at the cone. But the cone itself wasn't a problem, the cone didn't produce any damage, it was the mounting that was helding that cone, made of cast iron, that made all the damage, when his car landed right on it and compressed to the ground. There was a big hole in the left side of the diffuser throat visible immediately after his car landed on it.

Max lost significant amount of downforce and drivability no doubt. But also no doubt it wasn't great even before that, to start with. He was struggling to build a gap over Piastri, who was himself clearly not only slower than BOTH Ferrari all race (Leclerc folded letting him go like a cheap shirt without any fight), but even more so he was slower than Lando. We see basically all the time how much faster than Piastri Lando is on race days in equal cars. And yesterday Lando car had all the updates, that according to Mclaren could cost up to 2 tenths per lap.
SQ2 laptime set by Norris on still green track ,shows how much of wasted potential they left in Qualifying of the grand prix, for whatever reasons.
So, it wasn't perfect weekend for Max and red bull, but lets not downplay Mclaren pace and their upgrades. Even before it, in China we saw Norris pace.
Now it all depends on how will RBR and Ferrari upgrades work in Imola. and yes, of course Max will be back stronger, for sure. He needed that kind of a reality check. One small mistake, one wrongly made decision

venkyhere
venkyhere

chrisc90 wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:06
McLaren have made a step forwards, but I too, will be very sceptical its equal to the RBR when its set up properly. That is something we will only see in future races, ideally without a sprint weekend, as to how the gaps are 'closing'.
As I mentioned before, McLaren have caught up with the RedBull-Ferrari lead group, now it's a trio. McLaren showed the same in China as well, even before this large upgrade that happened in Miami. They are in the ballpark, much closer than 2023. The disadvantages presented by a sprint weekend is the same for all teams, some suffered more than others, some got it right.

Unless we have a sample size of atleast 3-4 races, where track conditions and layout averages out, we just have to think of this trio as 'anyone could come guns blazing this weekend'. But it can't be denied that RedBull is no more enjoying the same advantage they did in 2023. The law of diminishing returns has to catch up eventually. I am happy that the 2024 season will provide good racing, in light of what we have seen over the last 6 races.

chrisc90 wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:06
What is a shocker though, is Perez fighting with the Mercedes of Lewis. He should be well above what the W15 is capable of. Maybe once again, we will see him drop off as the season enters the European side of things. He needs to step up, or I hope the team have no problem in dropping Sainz a offer.
Even this, I think is overplayed by official and social media. The Redbull was on H and was struggling for grip because their use of H was purely based on 'educated guess' rather than actual running in FP. Yes, they have gotten it right before, but we must accept that there is equal chance of getting it wrong. The RedBull pace on M was very good, matching McLaren and Ferrari. We know the Mercedes is a diva car, even the team doesn't know when it will come good, when it will be a disaster. It so happened that on reduced fuel load, on M tyres, Hamilton was able to stick to the tail of Perez struggling in his car. Yes, there is talent gap, yes the car gap is reduced on the specific day, yes there was a tyre compound advantage for the chasing car. The only thing that kept Hamilton behind was the draggy nature of the Mercedes despite the reduced wing.
All said and done, something that should be considered "yeah, yeah" is becoming "oh my god" as if Hamilton suddenly became god-level with his car and Perez suddenly became a buffoon. Too much sensationalism, IMHO.

Vanja #66

Rikhart wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:19
https://racingnews365.com/horner-reveal ... ck-mistake

He had floor damage, I thought this immediately after seeing the replay of him going over the bollard.
Ahaha, another phantom floor damage like Perez in Australia :mrgreen: They'd better look at downforce levels and balance with that new low-level wing, it wasn't the right choice in Australia and was too low here as well
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie