2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Our only hope for Japan is that RB upgrades might take some time to be dialled in. Mixed conditions might be of some help with that.

But I wouldn’t count on that.

Vanja #66

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 12:42
Our only hope for Japan is that RB upgrades might take some time to be dialled in. Mixed conditions might be of some help with that.

Hope for what? :) Based on last year's results, we simply have to recognise McLaren as 2nd best here unless FP results clearly suggest otherwise. Anything more than one podium place would be fantastic at this point. I simply don't see McLaren worse than Ferrari on pure pace, they were only slightly worse in Australia (although Norris' strategy and Piastri moving away did save him a lot of time)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Vanja #66 wrote:
CouncilorIrissa wrote:

Hope for what? :) Based on last year's results, we simply have to recognise McLaren as 2nd best here unless FP results clearly suggest otherwise. Anything more than one podium place would be fantastic at this point. I simply don't see McLaren worse than Ferrari on pure pace, they were only slightly worse in Australia (although Norris' strategy and Piastri moving away did save him a lot of time)
Hope for challenging RB's second driver! :lol:

MCL will no doubt be strong in the snake of S1, but the rest of the lap I'm not so sure. Their slow-speed weakness might cost them in the Casio triangle as well as the hairpin.

Xyz22
Xyz22

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Sanchez already out of McLaren.
I had hopes for him to deal some damage to their front-end :lol:

Xyz22
Xyz22

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 14:09
Stella after seeing the wind tunnel results of his first project for 2025:

jambuka
jambuka

Vanja #66 wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 08:03
FDD wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 14:28
Somewhere I read speculations that Ferrari plans to divide the big upgrade in two, the first one in Suzuka with new floor and sidepods inlets I think and more changes on sidepods for Imola.
According to speculations they read the car enough to know where it needs improvements.
Also there where rumors that even before the opening race they already have some upgrades in the pipeline but they wait for results from the track to confirm the correlation CFD/tunnel simulations vs track.
That seems way too different from Vasseur's words on minor Suzuka upgrades. I'd only expect a floor edge and/or minor tweaks in diffuser and definitely nothing on sidepods before Imola. Imola makes the most sense for a big upgrade for Ferrari - it's Italy so they can maximise development and stretch manufacture time, it's a decent mix of various corners, it's a known track for the team and by then only 1/4 of the races have passed - so 3/4 of points to play for. Right now it's 7 weekends away, so plenty of lead time and it makes sense new parts were signed off only a few days ago, as formu1a.uno team reports.
Aren't they bringing changes to rear suspension for Suzuka as well ?

Waz
Waz

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
There's discussion in the McLaren thread about how much stronger the Ferrari front end is compared to theirs.

Surely that bodes well around Suzuka, and Charles loves the place.

scuderiabrandon

Waz wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 21:43
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
There's discussion in the McLaren thread about how much stronger the Ferrari front end is compared to theirs.

Surely that bodes well around Suzuka, and Charles loves the place.
It would take a disasterclass for Mclaren not to be quick here. I agree with Vanja that they are 2nd force here with us close behind. Difference is neither of their drivers are strong qualifiers and getting ahead of them in qualifying can be crucial.

dia6olo
dia6olo

Vanja #66 wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 12:57
CouncilorIrissa wrote:

Last years result is not relevant to this years Ferrari which clearly has different characteristics.
I personally think at least based on the current cars that many people think more of McLaren than is actually there.

f1316
f1316

dia6olo wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 02:13
Vanja #66 wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 12:57
CouncilorIrissa wrote:

Last years result is not relevant to this years Ferrari which clearly has different characteristics.
I personally think at least based on the current cars that many people think more of McLaren than is actually there.
+1. I think they’ll be good, but I don’t think Ferrari have anything to be scared about from them

dialtone
dialtone

What I’m curious to see is how conservative they will be with their wings.

There’s more to gain still in the setup than other stuff, it’s already a much better season than last year, bordering on better than 2022 as well, you did a good job, I’d love to see them daring a bit more with the car now. Early stint is the only weakness, other than that it’s just improving a bit across the board.

Maybe the rain won’t allow too much in japan, but Miami is definitely in my crosshairs for tracks where I’d like to see a car with monza style wings.

Cs98
Cs98

Ferrari is good in high speed and excellent in low-medium speed. I would be surprised if McLaren is better, Suzuka is far more than just high speed.

FDD
FDD

jambuka wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 20:55
Vanja #66 wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 08:03
FDD wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 14:28
Somewhere I read speculations that Ferrari plans to divide the big upgrade in two, the first one in Suzuka with new floor and sidepods inlets I think and more changes on sidepods for Imola.
According to speculations they read the car enough to know where it needs improvements.
Also there where rumors that even before the opening race they already have some upgrades in the pipeline but they wait for results from the track to confirm the correlation CFD/tunnel simulations vs track.
That seems way too different from Vasseur's words on minor Suzuka upgrades. I'd only expect a floor edge and/or minor tweaks in diffuser and definitely nothing on sidepods before Imola. Imola makes the most sense for a big upgrade for Ferrari - it's Italy so they can maximise development and stretch manufacture time, it's a decent mix of various corners, it's a known track for the team and by then only 1/4 of the races have passed - so 3/4 of points to play for. Right now it's 7 weekends away, so plenty of lead time and it makes sense new parts were signed off only a few days ago, as formu1a.uno team reports.
Aren't they bringing changes to rear suspension for Suzuka as well ?
I think that minor changes are ready for Suzuka on RS, targeting better flow management around the beam wing and diffuser.
EDIT:
"The purpose of the changes, as the technical director Enrico Cardile himself had underlined, had both mechanical objectives (anti-squat, anti-lift), and to not impede the flow coming from the belly slides."

deadhead

LEC has been struggling in quali so far this year so hopefully better this weekend

dialtone wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 05:40
What I’m curious to see is how conservative they will be with their wings.

There’s more to gain still in the setup than other stuff, it’s already a much better season than last year, bordering on better than 2022 as well, you did a good job, I’d love to see them daring a bit more with the car now. Early stint is the only weakness, other than that it’s just improving a bit across the board.

Maybe the rain won’t allow too much in japan, but Miami is definitely in my crosshairs for tracks where I’d like to see a car with monza style wings.
Right, they don't seem as concerned about the wings this year since I guess the floor is doing it's thing properly, but it will be nice to see what the car is like with a low DF package