Shell History of Motor Racing.. a video

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
strad

Shell History of Motor Racing.. a video

Shell History of Motor Racing:
This set is a must have for all motor racing enthusiasts. It covers the very early days, with superb, if occasionally slightly artistically flawed, original footage of the pioneers at venues like the Grand Prix de l'ACF in Dieppe northern France, right the way through Type 35 Bugattis racing at Monaco, Auto Unions and Mercs of Nazi Germany in action at the original Nurburgring and 250F Maseratis with all the famous drivers.

There is current day (1960s) footage of VSCC racing at Silverstone too with some pretty impressve and rare machinery, much of which is no longer in competitive use.
A look at where we came from. We begin at a time, "when men were still learning how to make cars go well, having barely discovered how to make them go at all...but men were learning very fast, perhaps because of the spur of competition..."
click photos

To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Re: Shell History of Motor Racing.. a video

I must have mis-understood...I will pull these after the weekend
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

OFFLINE...sorry...I thought you were interested.
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Back online
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Back Online...perhaps a Mod could move it to Vintage Videos
Sir Stirling Moss

Mr Alcatraz

Excellent Strad. Thanks bro!!
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand