MP4-26 in F1 magazine

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

MP4-26 in F1 magazine

boci wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:IF it's even legal. But we don't even know it's worth a second.
Why would McLaren develop an exhaust system that is illegal?
I'm not saying it's 100% illegal, but I think it skirts around the borderline of the rules, kind of like the f-duct or ddd.

Btw, has anyone picked up a copy of F1 racing where Murray Walker and the two Macca boys are on the cover? I'm not sure if it's just me/the angle, but the L-shaped sidepods look WAY different. The way the sidepods meet the floor look very RB-like, and the L shape is a lot more "bulbous" and less "squared off." Also, it looked like it has a V-nose.
Here's the cover pic:

And here's the actual cover:
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 07 Apr 2011, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: split from official mp4-26 thread.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

myurr
myurr

Re: McLaren MP4-26 Mercedes

That looks like a totally different car! Much more Red Bull at the rear, much less L shape in the side pods. Wonder if that's an earlier concept - there's no obvious exhausts on that car.

Edit: Is that a curved wish bone right at the back under the beam wing? This car has me confused as there's some new ideas on there, but some discrepancies that would seem to rule it out as being a new update. Also why would they be showing a revised car in this way? Very confused....

shamikaze
shamikaze

Diferences:
-FW look at odds with what they've got running.
- Roll-hoop configuration different
- winglets left-and-right of cocpit are not there ...

Apart from some similarities, it looks like a totally different car.

CyleB

The image looks very pieced together to me liked photo shopped or computer generated
Look mama I'm going fast- Ricky Bobby

kalinka
kalinka

CyleB wrote:The image looks very pieced together to me liked photo shopped or computer generated
+1 ,especially around Lewis's legs. It's clearly photoshopped, and the back of the car looks like some CGI and not real picture too..

volarchico
volarchico

The picture is also missing the middle pillar on the rear wing (forgot the technical name for this piece), and any part of the DRS activation system.

bot6
bot6

Come on guys, it's obvious it's a "fake" car drawn up for the occasion. Just the size of it makes it clear: there is no way Lewis or Jenson could fit in that thing.

volarchico
volarchico

^^ That was my point. It's obviously a fake because it's missing too many details to be the real-deal. Good catch on neither driver actually fitting! :lol:

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

that and the double element beam wing. aswell as the floor space at the back would make even RBR jealous
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

Coefficient
Coefficient

Re: MP4-26 in F1 magazine

Ha Ha! That is the shabbiest photoshop work I've seen in years!! If that car is full size then Jenson is 10ft tall. This used to be such a quality publication but it's become more like the FHM for F1 fans nowadays. Hence my subscription cancellation.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

raymondu999

Actually I think they got Jenson's height alright. You have to take into account perspective
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

It appears whoever did the front cover purchased a poor 3d Model and photoshopped it in.

http://www.fallingpixel.com/f1-2011-mcl ... odel/29694

Case closed.

raymondu999

Imagine if that design turned out to be faster than the real thing :mrgreen: I jest, of course
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

N12ck

i see a slight V nose!!
Budding F1 Engineer

pearsey13

Haha! very dodgy job, who, they couldn't of made it any more obvious, i mean look at the size :D
Because in a split second, it's gone - Ayrton Senna