Pirelli tyre markings as of Turkey

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FrukostScones

Pirelli tyre markings as of Turkey

From Istanbul onwards, Pirelli’s new PZero will carry new and more prominent colour markings on the sidewalls.

pirelli press release.

Pictures?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

gray41

Re: New Pirelli Tyre Markings

a slight view of the tyre markings
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

gray41

Lewis Hamilton #44

Hangaku

So, a thick line around the outside of the tire wall, intersected by the Pirelli logo, but not the full height of the tire wall. Seems good to me. Is there word about just using two colors now? Some were saying that 4 is confusing... some...
Yer.

gray41

i think just the two colours would be better like bridgestone used but with pirelli yellow on softs and silver on the hards, im glad that its not a full tyre wall of colour that would have looked terrible
Lewis Hamilton #44

FrukostScones

Re: Pirelli tyre markings as of Turkey

I dont't see the reason for opening a new Thread, but Tomba is God and decided to open this in my name! Interesting to see that after seeing those s**tty pictures the people vote on my not ideal poll.

It seems that they only mark the option in this case the soft tyre with a thick stripe around the tyre wall.
This is stupid in my opinion, only would be good if they dare to run Hard and Medium in a race... Silver and white, what bright idea anyway....(what about green, ah no.. "We want the colour to resemble the specific compund bla bla...")

We will see soft and supersoft in Monaco, will they stripe the option or the soft....(red stripe or yellow stripe...????????????????) ?

If they don't stripe all tyres this is a pretty mess. (Bridgestone had no choice, because they only wanted to mark the option). Pirelli got 6 different marks/colours and still marks the option.

I call this kludge. (If only the option is striped.)

By the way... Nice pictures Mr. Photographer you know what counts!

FrukostScones

Pandamasque

Just have option and prime always marked like these. Simple and easy to remember, similar to IndyCar but looks ever better.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

It won't work, there's still less than 50% colour so at speed it won't be very clear. It should simple be a stripe like Bridgestone had, it just needs to be thicker.

The colour isn't an issue really, a think stripe on the option will be visible in all colours.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Diesel wrote:It won't work, there's still less than 50% colour so at speed it won't be very clear. It should simple be a stripe like Bridgestone had, it just needs to be thicker.

The colour isn't an issue really, a think stripe on the option will be visible in all colours.
The stripe on these tyres is significantly thicker, and IMHO significantly more visible than the one that bridgestone ran. Having said that – I thought the yellow Pirelli text was more visible too.

Richard
Richard

I've just watched the FP highlights and the band is clearly different from the other tyre. You can also see it in the onboard footage, I recall the Bridgestone band was hard to see on the on board?

beelsebob
beelsebob

richard_leeds wrote:I've just watched the FP highlights and the band is clearly different from the other tyre. You can also see it in the onboard footage, I recall the Bridgestone band was hard to see on the on board?
To be honest, I found the bridgestone band hard to see at all times.