Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Teechnical

Re: Ferrari F2012

Any updates expected? Oh God why do I even ask? :|
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

F1.Ru

Ferrari F2012 - new front wing
ImageImage
This new endplate (main drawing) was tested on Friday in India by Fernando Alonso and then also made available to Felipe Massa from Saturday for qualifying and the race. The inset shows the previous standard solution, which was tested back to back with the new version in Friday's New Delhi sessions.

Ferrari F2012 - new rear diffuser
ImageImage
In India on Friday Ferrari team mates Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa ran a back-to-back comparison with this new rear diffuser and the team's original solution. The revised diffuser features small flaps on its sidewall (1) and there is also a secondary channel (2) in the central section. Alonso was the only driver to race the new diffuser as the team only had one version with them in New Delhi. Both drivers, however, used new front wing endplates.

Provided and © by http://www.formula1.com/
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

smhasan7
smhasan7

Can someone pls answer my question? Ferrari have great race pace and if today Alonso started on pole, he'd have stormed to the chequered flag with a win. However same was with RedBull until they introduced the DDRS and started their domination.

That begs the question, why cant Ferrari introduce their DDRS, there is still time, they have a warrior in their no.1 car. I would like to understand what are the challenges in terms of design accomodation etc that is preventing them to work on this technology.

siskue2005

They tested drs last week, but couldn't make it work
I think they will try it again next race

alogoc
alogoc

raymondu999 wrote:Maybe joseluisf1's source is alogoc? :mrgreen:
ask crucial extreme if i'am jose
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Hail22

Spoke to a friend of mine [who can know] ... don't expect much in terms of "Aesthetic changes" this weekend.

He mentioned internal aero work (most likely heat exhaustion etc nothing fancy)

- Slightly tweaked FW and RW
- Floor with small turning vein tweak

Nothing major for this weekend me thinks.
Last edited by Steven on 30 Oct 2012, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added credibility to source
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

ten_marco
ten_marco

Hail22 wrote:Spoke to a friend of mine...don't expect much in terms of "Aesthetic changes" this weekend.

More unsourced speculation. Everyone thinks something ... a friend, an acquaintance, a reporter .... stop us!
Your friend does not have any source, unless he has contact with Pat Fry or Nickolas Tombazis. Have you notice: it is not!
The problem of Ferrari are speculations, so Alonso complains so much. Much talk and no action. Right there, always when just a GP Pat Fry says, "we will have new parts in the next race." Only he sees them. These speculations cause a furor in the media, and Autosprint, binds to Luca Colaiani that should be inventing a lot of things and spreads to the press. Then there are the "enlightened and their sources" (Alogoc and motor tilted, Jose Luis, Alex, Vale ...) those are the ones I remember more often ... are posting things and more things on twitter, and his followers put those fantasies in technical blogs like this! Stop this nonsense! We are now waiting until the DDRS, new RW, FW Young, Red Bull escapes, new sidepod, madness and the worst of all: motor tilted! Hopefully Domenicali is fired along with Tombazis and Colaiani, and that the next Technical Director prohibits any speculation or gossip about updates.

:evil:

Spankyham

Hail22 wrote:Spoke to a friend of mine...don't expect much in terms of "Aesthetic changes" this weekend.

I always enjoy reading the speculation, especially when some of it turns out to be accurate - which has been the case. It is a good way to learn and I find it encourages good discussion on the car based on how best to develop it. This in turn helps me learn - which I always enjoy.
"He was the fastest driver I ever saw - faster even than Fangio"
_______________________________- Mike Hawthorn on Alberto Ascari

alogoc
alogoc

Felipe Massa, meanwhile, revealed to Brazil's Totalrace that his F2012 was not in the same specification as Alonso's in India last weekend.

"I had half as much as him," said the Brazilian, "and even more will arrive in Abu Dhabi."

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/dailyf1n ... eport.html
Last edited by Steven on 30 Oct 2012, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed bold from entire post
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Raptor22
Raptor22

well Abu Dhabi is one week after India, there's no way the have time to get significantly new bits fitted to the car. So the rumour is really started by common sense. Next Gp for new parts in Austin, Texas.

Gerhardsa

Raptor22 wrote:well Abu Dhabi is one week after India, there's no way the have time to get significantly new bits fitted to the car. So the rumour is really started by common sense. Next Gp for new parts in Austin, Texas.
I honestly dont think Ferrari has a choice but to push like mad for more updates at the Yas Circuit...
They cannot afford to miss any opportunity to improve the car as there is a championship at stake with only 3 races to go.
Ferrari said they would give it "Horns" (no punn intended towards RB) in the last 4 races, so I expect a few more updates this weekend again.

jonaliew
jonaliew

Spankyham wrote: I always enjoy reading the speculation, especially when some of it turns out to be accurate - which has been the case. It is a good way to learn and I find it encourages good discussion on the car based on how best to develop it. This in turn helps me learn - which I always enjoy.
+1. You guys have made me learn a lot and i've learn to appreciate Ferrari and the F2012 in a greater lighter.

However, I do understand everyone's frustration. Some we have been through it more than others. :D

Nando
Nando

Spankyham wrote:I always enjoy reading the speculation, especially when some of it turns out to be accurate - which has been the case. It is a good way to learn and I find it encourages good discussion on the car based on how best to develop it. This in turn helps me learn - which I always enjoy.
Agree 100%

I know there´s a load of different rumors, some were right, some were...well, quite funny :) and some were just rumors.
It´s part of the game, hell if Hail´s friend really got some true rumors then i think it is nice to know that now.
If they are just rumors....hey...big deal. Thanks Hail, i hope your friend is right!
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Steven
Owner

As mentioned before, the car threads are meant to be factual.
If you have inside information, than please post, but stay away from posting your own expectations or hopes of future car updates. That would be a little off topic I'm afraid, and, if you really really really have to, more appropriate in the team thread.

Thanks

jonaliew
jonaliew

Tomba wrote:As mentioned before, the car threads are meant to be factual.
If you have inside information, than please post, but stay away from posting your own expectations or hopes of future car updates. That would be a little off topic I'm afraid, and, if you really really really have to, more appropriate in the team thread.

Thanks
+1. But a lot of people have claimed inside info before and its turn out to nothing :?