Mercedes F1 W05 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Anon123
Anon123

Re: Mercedes F1 W05 Pre-launch Speculation

MacX wrote:Tobias Grüner F1 ‏@tgruener
Red Bull at least has a pitlane unveiling. Heard the new Mercedes just rolls out of the garage on the track without any photo opportunity.
I wonder where the reporters will be when the garage doors start opening in Jerez. 8)

Faustino
Faustino

diego.liv
diego.liv

Possible nose designs, by blogf1.it

http://www.blogf1.it/2014/01/06/novita- ... ggestioni/

The second one, similar to what Williams made with the 2004', FW26; although the author doesn't see this solution to be optimal (given the poor results provided by the FW26), it looks a good trade-off between the amount of airflow passing under the nose and FW downforce provided by a farther positioning of the FW.

W01
http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dyna ... 29011f.jpg

Ozan
Ozan

BGP001 nose would look good on w05..

Sonic
Sonic

@ Rikhart,
Before the beginning of 2009 testing, they were some rumours about BGP... We saw that it did'nt came from nowhere. In France, we use to say "il n'y a pas de fumée sans feu" (there is no smoke without a fire). We will have to wait !!! :wink:

Rikhart
Rikhart

This could be classified as a rumour: I spoke to someone who spoke to someone working in AMG on the F1 engine, he mentioned more than 700bhp already (before electric engines).

markn93

That would be extraordinary. Way above seemingly everyone's expectations. As a result despite hoping you are right I find it hard to believe.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Rikhart wrote:I spoke to someone who spoke to someone
yeah, that won't be taken seriously. a [credible] tracable source would be different story. that's not gonna happen though.
nobody will spill any beans there.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Rikhart
Rikhart

Manoah2u wrote:
Rikhart wrote:I spoke to someone who spoke to someone
yeah, that won't be taken seriously. a [credible] tracable source would be different story. that's not gonna happen though.
nobody will spill any beans there.

Thats why I mentioned it as a rumour... I understand completely it is not credible, but I found it interesting and maybe others might.

SiLo

If it's true it could be a fantastic season for the team. And a very dull one for the others. I'm looking forwards to all these failures though, Hopefully we can get some unexpected winners!
Felipe Baby!

MacX

Rikhart wrote:This could be classified as a rumour: I spoke to someone who spoke to someone working in AMG on the F1 engine, he mentioned more than 700bhp already (before electric engines).
Looks like, someone's fantasy. Not more

NathanOlder

If it was the case , Mclaren, Force India & Williams who have engines now will all have huge grins on their faces. Cant wait for Jerez. Im sure if the engjnes are significantly better, it will be obvious right from the start.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Anon123
Anon123

NathanOlder wrote:If it was the case , Mclaren, Force India & Williams who have engines now will all have huge grins on their faces. Cant wait for Jerez. Im sure if the engjnes are significantly better, it will be obvious right from the start.
Claire Williams seemed pretty happy with the decision to go with Mercedes, fingers crossed. I think Hulkenberg was also optimistic about FI moving up the grid in 2014.

bill shoe
bill shoe

We could get the delicious situation where all the Mercedes-powered cars qualify in the front due to more power, and then all the Renault-powered cars try to pass them during the race due to better fuel efficiency. Would be fantastic to watch. :D

Holm86

bill shoe wrote:We could get the delicious situation where all the Mercedes-powered cars qualify in the front due to more power, and then all the Renault-powered cars try to pass them during the race due to better fuel efficiency. Would be fantastic to watch. :D
I don't think you understand the new engine formula. Its not going to be power vs fuel efficiency. Fuel efficiency = power.