Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Helios

Re: McLaren MP4-29 Mercedes

Lazy wrote:
spin1/2 wrote:
JDC123 wrote:I would have to disagree with you. McLaren have been one of the best at developing their car in recent year, with 2009 being a prime example, turning a car that was 2 seconds off the pace in australia, to a race winning one mid-season. The only reason last year wasn't the same was because of these new regulations.
In 2009, McL had a driver who was helping with the development process - by giving good feedback about the updates.
In 2013, the drivers were struggling to find an ideal set-up for a race, let alone help with car development. It remains to be seen, how good Kevin Mag is in this respect.
Are you suggesting that Hamilton gives better feedback than Button?

The general view in the paddock is the opposite.
Is it? Any sources backing this general view up?

Richard
Richard

Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

Helios wrote:
Lazy wrote:The general view in the paddock is the opposite.
Is it? Any sources backing this general view up?
Easy, search for threads on here with "Button" in the title to find your answer. They end up locked for the same reasons as any other driver debate so let's not repeat that in this thread.

Pup
Pup

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

Another photo of the press conference prep. Looking more like it's going to be about Senna rather than a new sponsor announcement or anything...

KingHamilton01

Pup wrote:Another photo of the press conference prep. Looking more like it's going to be about Senna rather than a new sponsor announcement or anything...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 6944_o.jpg
Or they have decided to go back to old school livery, I would be happy with that!
McLaren Mercedes

Thunder

So Senna Anniversary Livery? Could look Great, althoug i love Chrome Livery they have on the 29.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

There is no way they're doing the chevron, unless Marlboro is giving them tons of cash again.

bauc

Anybody knows when it starts? 11 GTM or ?
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Avocado
Avocado

RON DENNIS BREAKS HIS SILENCE: “WE WILL WIN RACES THIS YEAR”

"Company was unfit and I said to them that if they match my commitment we will win. If they don’t match that they won’t be with the company."

=D>

mikeerfol

So that was about the press conference?

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

I think he said the right things in the usual "Ron" way. I like Martin Whitmarsh but he was possibly too nice for the role. Also, as mentioned the job is too big now.

I like the way McLaren will shape up. No compromise, tough, total focus on themselves. F1 is so competitive these days you certainly need the race team doing it's thing with the tools it has and a strong focus on the factory supplying the tools to do the job. That needs strong leaders in both places.

Hard for Martin but no doubt what is needed. This season will be fascinating in so many ways. Can't wait.

Holm86

Ron Dennis says he will take his time over appointing a permanent CEO for McLaren's Formula 1 operation, and is adamant its current line-up can lead it back to winning ways.

Dennis has started a restructuring of the organisation following his return to the role of McLaren Group CEO at the beginning of this year.

He has done away with the team principal position that Martin Whitmarsh had and instead put in place Eric Boullier as racing director, with Jonathan Neale standing in as an interim CEO for the team.

Although there has been speculation that former Mercedes boss Ross Brawn was being lined up for the CEO job, Dennis made it clear on Thursday that the situation remained fluid.

He also did not rule out the possibility of Neale taking the role permanently if things prove a success.

"Jonathan absolutely accepts that he is nominated on a day to day basis but effectively not only would he love to have the job, but he may well do the job," explained Dennis.

"Whoever may or may not be considered for that position, it will be against his [Neale's] abilities and his commitment and whatever the situation is at that moment of time.

"The key thing to understand is that supplementing Jonathan's, Eric's and Sam's (Michael) capabilities with my own, for a short period of time, is adequately going to address the challenge of winning in F1.

"That choice of person is critical to the long term future of the company and I will take my time.

"And ultimately with such an important decision, it will not be mine and mine alone. I would expect to share that with the shareholders and key individuals.

"It is not at the moment at the top of my must do list. I am comfortable with what we have in place at the moment."

Dennis reckons that the growing demands posed by an expanded F1 calendar meant the role of team principal was no longer appropriate.

"The first four races this year, the team doesn't come back," he said. "With the former role of team principal, it was like being out of the company for four months.

"I defy anyone to run a company and have four months out of the company."

Dennis also clarified that he would not be taking an active role at race weekends, but would be present to keep an eye on things.

"We have tremendous competence and I am fully involved in the moment," he said.

"But I won't be active at the circuit - I will be there to observe."

NO TITLE SPONSOR AS SEASON BEGINS

McLaren will start the new season without a title sponsor, but the team is hopeful that one will be in place after a few races.

Following the end of its long partnership with Vodafone last year, the Woking-based outfit had hoped to finalise a replacement in December last year.

Its plans slipped however and, although it means it will be without a title sponsor at the start of the campaign, Group CEO Ron Dennis is adamant one will be added soon.

"Our cars will not feature a title sponsor at the first event," he said. "But it will definitely feature a title sponsor in the next few events.

"Why? Because I strongly believe we are Manchester United.

"Inevitably when you have a run of poor results people push the rate card down.

"I won't accept that. I know what this company is.

"I know what this grand prix team can achieve and that requires the correct recognition when it comes to the commercial relationship with the principal sponsor."
Autosport

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

On Whitmarsh future, what Ron said smacks of him wanting to retain Martin in some way but Martin is understandably wanting out. If Ron had sacked him it would not be in McLaren's interest to drag this out.

KingHamilton01

Ron Dennis is Back and soon enough so will McLaren! Focus, passion, belief!
McLaren Mercedes

bauc

Avocado wrote:RON DENNIS BREAKS HIS SILENCE: “WE WILL WIN RACES THIS YEAR”

"Company was unfit and I said to them that if they match my commitment we will win. If they don’t match that they won’t be with the company."

=D>
WoW....That is the reality when RON is in charge =D>
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Thunder

Strong Words hopefully followed by strong Actions.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum