Locost 7 CAD

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
greenpower dude reloaded

Locost 7 CAD

Hi all!

I'm working on building up a portfolio of CFD projects and am considering taking on that timeless classic that is the Lotus/Caterham/LoCost 7 and I was thinking with the amount of people on this forum that get a bit twitchy as soon as a spanner/CAD station is out of reach there must be someone on here that's modelled a complete (or near enough) Lotus 7.

If so is there any chance you could send it on to me? I've got both Inventor and Solidworks so I can work with most CAD files.

Look forward to hearing from one of you!

BTW, this isn't an academic profile and i'll never pass off the modelling as my own work, you'd be credited for your work.

flynfrog

Re: Locost 7 CAD

I had one modeled engine and basic suspension but was lost in the great hard drive failure of 09

check the 7 forums there are existing cad models for at least the chassis and various engines out there.

spinmastermic

greenpower dude reloaded

Flyn, Terrifying to think how much stuff has been lost that way. I had to wipe my laptop clean not so long a go. It had literally hundreds of hours of CFD results not kept anywhere else. I've learnt my lesson now though!

Thanks Spinmastermic, I've found a couple of chassis models. I was really hoping to get hold of some full body ones (does that sound a bit car pervy?)So if any of you come across any it would be greatly appreciated. I'm not relishing the thought of doing it from scratch.

AJBecker
AJBecker

Hey greenpower dude, have you made any progress on this? I prepare a lotus 7 type vehicle for a series in South Africa, it's highly competitive and an idea of what is happening aerodynamically would be beneficial. I do have a fairly comprehensive Inventor model for the vehicle however I don't have all of the body modeled. I will gladly finish it and share it if you are willing to do the CFD work.

Regards

Andrew