RUSH film 2013

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Ted68

RUSH film 2013

So Ron Howard is making a film about Lauda's 1976 shunt and his fight with Hunt. Hope it's better than most racing movies.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/watch- ... la-1-film/
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 08 Apr 2013, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed title to reflect actual film name
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

Morteza

Re: James Hunt/Nikki Lauda movie

I hope it's gonna be a good one. Ron Howard is no slouch, really.

Here are the first images from the film:

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Websta

Re: James Hunt/Nikki Lauda movie

This is going to have to be the Saving Private Ryan of racing films to appease F1 fans given our attention to detail.

Sebp

Re: New Videos

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kiii1ERd_0Q[/youtube]

Anyone else looking forward to this?
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

FoxHound

Re: New Videos

@Sebp

Superb. The must see film of the year for me on the basis of this trailer alone.
JET set

Phil

Movie: RUSH (2013) [James Hunt / Nikki Lauda movie]

I searched the forum for a similar topic, but couldn't find one - well except for one half a year ago which little to no discussion in it, so I thought of starting a new one. :)

The reason for reviving this topic today is that I found a trailer of the up coming movie.

Here it is:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igiKOCh5Wg[/youtube]

IMO - it looks very promising. Release date should be September in the US and October in Europe. Director is Ron Howard and Nikki Lauda is played by Daniel Brühl (Inglorious Basterds) and James Hunt by Chris Hemsworth (Thor).

This trailer certainly has me very interested. I've only been a follower of F1 since the early 2000, so the events of the movie are mostly unknown to me (besides the obvious facts).
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

lizardfolk

Ron Howard's Rush (2013)

International trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igiKOCh5Wg

Could we finally have a good racing movie?... one that's Oscar quality? One can hope

Absolutelee
Absolutelee

Re: RUSH film 2013

Does anyone know what cars they are using and how they are doing the race stuff? Do they have some car with 76 ferrari bodywork on it? Who's driving?

RicerDude

Absolutelee wrote:Does anyone know what cars they are using and how they are doing the race stuff? Do they have some car with 76 ferrari bodywork on it? Who's driving?
They are original cars dismantled for the crashes

danyduc
danyduc

Can't wait to see that movie, hopefully it will be done right...

Sebp

No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

coaster

Good link sepb!

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

neilbah
neilbah

tbh i think the crash scenes are overly dramatic/lacking physics and too cgi compared to the rest of the film. Its not bad on the props front but I saw a documentary on this season on tv the other night and i thought that was good enough. the actor playing James Hunt doesnt have the most convincing accent

Kiril Varbanov

neilbah wrote:tbh i think the crash scenes are overly dramatic/lacking physics and too cgi compared to the rest of the film.
I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed by those fake scenes... Having seen many "car" movies I can certainly tell I'm a tough client to satisfy, and this won't do any better if it has those spicy CGI-3DSMax-Hollywood-like pieces.