2024 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 03 - 05

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
organic

Re: 2024 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 03 - 05

Merc investigation no further action.

They applied the Aston Martin defence: show the stewards that everyone broke the rule so you cannot be unfairly singled out.

Paa

organic wrote:
04 May 2024, 02:11
Merc investigation no further action.

They applied the Aston Martin defence: show the stewards that everyone broke the rule so you cannot be unfairly singled out.
I'll try this for my next speeding/parking ticket.

dialtone
dialtone

Afraid I have to agree with Mark Huges:

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/mark ... s-fingers/

So we can put this ‘Norris bottled it’ thing to rest.

Both Norris and Piastri had to deal with this in S1.

langedweil

AR3-GP wrote:
03 May 2024, 22:20
langedweil wrote:
03 May 2024, 22:13
But not being 18 is pretty simple, isn't !?
How come there now can be asked for dispensation?
It's a show/entertainment.
Fair enough, but then just do away with the rule?
HuggaWugga !

haza
haza

Missed sprint quali how did McLaren loose so much time on a faster tyre in sq3 they looked like they had that in the bag goin into the session

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

dialtone wrote:
04 May 2024, 02:45

I would go more on Lando’s own story than Mark here, and I don’t see the controversy really. When I watched the lap live onboard, it was clear he went a bit too fast into T1, compromising his exit, and then ”panicking” a bit trying to compensate on exit and in the remainder of S1. I don’t see how it is down to the tyres already at the exit of T1. And the fact that he set a purple S3 would also indicate that there was tyre life left, it would likely get worse and worse if it was that bad.
So in my eyes, Lando made a mistake (he himself admitted it) and that can be said without automatically bashing him as some people on here do. He simply wanted it and slipped a bit, which can happen to anyone. Will be interesting what they can do in the real qualifying today:)

dialtone
dialtone

Tvetovnato wrote:
dialtone wrote:

I would go more on Lando’s own story than Mark here, and I don’t see the controversy really. When I watched the lap live onboard, it was clear he went a bit too fast into T1, compromising his exit, and then ”panicking” a bit trying to compensate on exit and in the remainder of S1. I don’t see how it is down to the tyres already at the exit of T1. And the fact that he set a purple S3 would also indicate that there was tyre life left, it would likely get worse and worse if it was that bad.
So in my eyes, Lando made a mistake (he himself admitted it) and that can be said without automatically bashing him as some people on here do. He simply wanted it and slipped a bit, which can happen to anyone. Will be interesting what they can do in the real qualifying today:)
What about Piastri then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cs98
Cs98

dialtone wrote:
04 May 2024, 06:47
Tvetovnato wrote:
dialtone wrote:

What about Piastri then?

What about him? He went as fast in SQ3 as he did in SQ2. Lando was 9 tenths slower in SQ3 compared to SQ2, and 3 tenths behind Piastri in the theoretically slower car. Neither of them drove a perfect lap, but Lando's was far worse.

maxxer
maxxer

Seanspeed wrote:
04 May 2024, 00:40
maxxer wrote:
03 May 2024, 21:54
I dont agree at all , teams who dont score points will dissappear more quickly , its not like soccer when you can be demoted to a different division.
If teams cant fight for points they shouldnt be in f1 or come back scoring. Otherwise it would be a useless competition because if they still get points for bad results they will just change owners (investor companies) who do not inevest but just cash in on the points won that year.
Why would we want teams to 'disappear more quickly'? In what way is that a good thing? This isn't soccer. This isn't a sport just anybody can jump in and do. It requires a huge amount of dedication and resources.

You're also doing that same thing I was talking about thinking that scoring points has some extra mystical relevance other than just being a useful recording measurement for finishing position.
Why didnt they allow another team in then who have money and resources.
The points system has already been changed, now it seems because all of the changes to cars hasnt worked there is no racing for the top places so they want to start giving out points for the lower places.
Where a teammate with a time penalty is blocking up everyone so the other can score points.
For every season you can find the results on wikipedia, so why should there be points awarded to teams who didnt score at all?

Haas for example took a year off to develop a new car they send an old car for a whole season just to develop the new car for next season and they are not in the top 10.

Williams messed aroumd with investors and now they have outdated facilities
But a new team who wants to join is blocked so for me i would rather get rid of some teams who arent fighting for points and have new teams joining

venkyhere
venkyhere

Any chart showing tyres available after SQ ?

Luscion
Luscion

venkyhere wrote:
04 May 2024, 08:49
Any chart showing tyres available after SQ ?

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

AR3-GP wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:48
I don't know if F1 has the right idea with the sprints. That qualifying was not enjoyable. It's just not enjoyable watching people struggling with their cars because they have so little preparation time. I get that it's "the same for everyone" but the quality of the product is suffering.

It's like going to watching a football match where nobody practiced. I'm not interested in random grid orders because nobody practiced. It's not the correct way to introduce excitement.
For me it felt a bit like the quali runs we usually see in FP3 in terms of excitement. Definitely didn’t feel exciting like qualifying should.

dialtone
dialtone

Cs98 wrote:
04 May 2024, 07:34
dialtone wrote:
04 May 2024, 06:47
Tvetovnato wrote:
What about Piastri then?

What about him? He went as fast in SQ3 as he did in SQ2. Lando was 9 tenths slower in SQ3 compared to SQ2, and 3 tenths behind Piastri in the theoretically slower car. Neither of them drove a perfect lap, but Lando's was far worse.
It's really frustrating when you folks maintain an argument without informing yourselves, especially when I already posted the video about it.

This is the onboard of both Piastri and Norris in S1. Both cars are sliding through all of those corners in the same way. Both Piastri and Norris took a bad T1 and bad entry into T2 that caused the car to slide in T5?

<>

Vanja #66

As discussed in McLaren team thread, both cars cooked their Softs in SQ3 leading to twitchy cars. From what I can tell, fronts were troublesome and too hot in T1-2-3, so the rears had more grip leading to snaps of oversteer.

The big question is how much will Red Bulls slide and deg in the Sprint. They both have 2 sets of Hards, so they can fit Hards in Sprint and forget about overheating
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

chrisc90

Vanja #66 wrote:
04 May 2024, 09:44
As discussed in McLaren team thread, both cars cooked their Softs in SQ3 leading to twitchy cars. From what I can tell, fronts were troublesome and too hot in T1-2-3, so the rears had more grip leading to snaps of oversteer.

The big question is how much will Red Bulls slide and deg in the Sprint. They both have 2 sets of Hards, so they can fit Hards in Sprint and forget about overheating
Max did a long run in FP1 pretty early on. Mid 1.32’s i believe on mediums