Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
aleks_ader

Re: Ferrari F2012

richard_leeds wrote:
aleksandergreat wrote:So i concluded that Ferrari aims to drasticaly imrove or redesign the side pods! Maybe they will create some sort mixture of u pods and Red bull tight design? Possibiltys?
How did you jump to that conclusion? We've seen teams with those arrays before, McLaren first started it back in 2009. Its a product of limited wind tunnel test, and the limitation on private testing.

They are simply gathering real time aero data on a critical part of the car. That helps them calibrate the wind tunnels and CFD models. That helps with better design of the front wing and side pod.
Yes you have right! They also calibrate with the data from wind tunel, CDF simulations...
BUT i see in that aero test lot more posibilitys and usage! They will definetly precise explore and analize colected data... On that amount colected data they will work car in next 3 months! This is just single piece of puzzle which must to be solved quickly as posible!

I suposed that Ferrari need if they want win WDC and WCC, change the "big" "bulky" side pods...in some way... And this is in my opinion crutial...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

aleks_ader

This test also shown how front wing efected on the flow behind the wheels before sidepods in the srait line and also in the cornering which is very importand etc.

I have a feeling that Ferrari build a car carefully considerable from front to the end step by step (like many others teams) Hmm... Maybe they are even more focused on the wind tunel errors and they realised their lack of aerodynamics performance...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

aleks_ader

shelly wrote:It probably has to do with both things: you want to see if the vortices from wheel and wing and the wake are correctly predicted. Then you cross this information with what you see in cfd and what you see in wt (with piv or with a scaled version of the device).
Then you see if you can rely on your project tools to build a new sidepod that is not badly influenced by these vortices, or better, is able to exploit them to get some downforce.
The interesting part of this device is how big it is, compared to similar examples of the past by other teams.

There is a nice article on the web about how toyota cross relates cfd and piv for detecting front wheel vortices - I posted a link to that some time ago, but I do not remember in which thread - I'll try to find it
Thx broo! :lol: :lol: Just one who understand me! =D>
Yeah please find that i also have that pic but i cant find it!

shelly
shelly

twitter: @armchair_aero

Richard
Richard

It'll be measuring force, and some say that box might have a variable component to increase or decrease the support from the rods to the wing. That would allow RB to mimic up the effects of different wing stiffness.

raymondu999

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/13571/ ... i-del-2012

In Italian, but from what I gather they're still having correlation issues?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

http://soundcloud.com/567-capetalk/rory-byrne

Byrne is back with Ferrari
Rory Byrne: "I'm working on the design as Technical Advisor along with all the mechanics and engineers in Maranello"

Rory Byrne: "I'm convinced that next year Ferrari will have a very competitive car."

Morteza

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:http://soundcloud.com/567-capetalk/rory-byrne

Rory Byrne: "I'm working on the design as Technical Advisor along with all the mechanics and engineers in Maranello"

Rory Byrne: "I'm convinced that next year Ferrari will have a very competitive car."
Should we consider it as good news or not? :mrgreen: I hope we see some more competition for next year. Vettel in RB7 made the season absolutely boring for me this season.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

raymondu999

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:http://soundcloud.com/567-capetalk/rory-byrne

No; he was Technical Advisor since 2005. He never left
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

True, but he ventured into other series like A1GP, and was pretty much semi-retired with his advisor role. Now he is in a more formal role as technical advisor with the 2011-2012 chassis.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

After Brazilian GP there was a meeting in Maranello with Neil Martin, Tombazis and Byrne there.
Byrne said to the members who don't believe in the success of next car can "take the door" right now..

shelly
shelly

Very interesting. What's your source for that?
twitter: @armchair_aero

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

shelly wrote:Very interesting. What's your source for that?
http://twitter.com/#!/Truzonef1

italian
italian

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:After Brazilian GP there was a meeting in Maranello with Neil Martin, Tombazis and Byrne there.
Byrne said to the members who don't believe in the success of next car can "take the door" right now..
So the project for the next car is extreme. But we have to remember that last year Lotus-Renault use an extreme project (especially with the exhaust system) and we saw what happened.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein