2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
maxxer
maxxer

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Horrible to read and hear his family even gets attacked , its just sport you can agree or disgree how he races but leave the rest of his family alone please

maxxer
maxxer

And to add to that he was 4 seconds ahead of checo so he should have parked the car and wait ?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

gshevlin wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 23:09
If Red Bull's only concern was the car, they would have said nothing. They can, however, see when one of their drivers is digging himself into a PR hole.
The reality is that there is a lot of family turbulence, and when a driver's parents begin making intemperate public comments, that will inevitably drag the driver's family into the public domain whether that is a good outcome or not.
They issued a press statement saying both drivers have moved on. Perhaps that is what should be done here as well?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Liam Lawson will drive car #1 in FP1.

https://sportslumo.com/f1/abu-dhabi-gp- ... ppens-car/

Edax
Edax

AR3-GP wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 23:29
gshevlin wrote:
If Red Bull's only concern was the car, they would have said nothing. They can, however, see when one of their drivers is digging himself into a PR hole.
The reality is that there is a lot of family turbulence, and when a driver's parents begin making intemperate public comments, that will inevitably drag the driver's family into the public domain whether that is a good outcome or not.
They issued a press statement saying both drivers have moved on. Perhaps that is what should be done here as well?
Well If I am honest I find it hard to find an excuse for Ver refusal. But then again I don’t know what preceded it and what exactly was discussed before. So I reserve judgement until the details come out (probably in some biography 10 years from now). Until then moving on sounds fine to me.

But there is one thing I am happy about. That ferrari was prudent enough not to issue team orders and Ves did not execute them. Because, really, team orders for 2nd in the championship, where is that going? Next 3rd or 4th is going to be a thing.

In the end I don’t care about who’s where in the championship, I care about good, fair and hard racing, not some game of motorized stratego.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Edax wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 01:46
AR3-GP wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 23:29
gshevlin wrote:
Well If I am honest I find it hard to find an excuse for Ver refusal. But then again I don’t know what preceded it and what exactly was discussed before. So I reserve judgement until the details come out (probably in some biography 10 years from now). Until then moving on sounds fine to me.

But there is one thing I am happy about. That ferrari was prudent enough not to issue team orders and Ves did not execute them. Because, really, team orders for 2nd in the championship, where is that going? Next 3rd or 4th is going to be a thing.

In the end I don’t care about who’s where in the championship, I care about good, fair and hard racing, not some game of motorized stratego.
In the grand scheme of things, it's all extremely inconsequential. Motorsport is about the racing and nothing else. The same people wouldn't have cared if Checo ignored a team order to let Max through. In fact, that's what they've been wanting all season. For Checo to get nasty with Max and probably crash into him would make them happy. =D>

It's funny. The same people saying Max should have "done it for the team", accused that same team of being the devil for breaching the cost cap. So which one is it? Is the team the devil? Or is Max the devil? :lol: . Wouldn't those people who said Red Bull are "cheats" be happy that Max stuck it to the team by not helping Checo in Brazil? "Evil Red Bull" and all?

Again, what's going on is quite transparent. Fans of the losing teams will use any opportunity to spread negativity because of their underlying unhappiness. It always amazes me how much people like to take the opportunity to let you know they don't like someone. For someone they don't like, they sure do spend an inordinate amount of time discussing him. We even have a member whose screen name is "MadMax".

f1jcw
f1jcw

Redbull, F1 is becoming toxic, everyone is bullying us :cry:

Redbull, tweeting to rile people #-o

Dear me

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

f1jcw wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 02:14

Dear me
Why does the photo rile you? Perhaps exploring this question is where one can find internal peace.

dans79

AR3-GP wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 02:43
f1jcw wrote:

Dear me
Why does the photo rile you? Perhaps exploring this question is where one can find internal peace.
Do you understand what arrogance and passive aggressiveness is?
197 104 103 7

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dans79 wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 02:48
AR3-GP wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 02:43
f1jcw wrote:

Dear me
Do you understand what arrogance and passive aggressiveness is?
I would ask you the same question as f1cw

dans79

AR3-GP wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 02:54
A dude on twitter expressed it better than me, in a response to the post in question no less.
197 104 103 7

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

AeroDynamic wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 13:16
chrisc90 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 12:41
Tvetovnato wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 12:36

Absolutely untrue. Lewis either backs out of potential clashes with Max (multiple times last year) or they crash and Max gets penalized in all cases bar one. Lewis has no history of ”wrecking his rivals” when things get serious, unlike Max who even admitted to crashing into Lewis in the last race on purpose. It’s grasping at straws from Max fans to try and make Lewis look as awful as Max does in racing situations.

Seems a common trend. Is that not wrecking your rival? Rosberg Hamilton incident?

6 incidents over 15 seasons. Wouldn’t call that a history. Some of those clips are just contact and not anything else. I think max is around double that in half as many seasons. When people put the word “crash” into your name to refer to you and your ways, there’s a history. Maldonado was like that for example.
I think you missed the point, this was not a comprehensive video of Hamilton crashes. This is just his signature rear wheel tap. I can think of way more incidents lmao.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dans79 wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:00
AR3-GP wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 02:54
A dude on twitter expressed it better than me, in a response to the post in question no less.
I would ask the twitter fellow the same thing because not everyone looked at the tweet and was "antagonized" by it. I can understand if some children below the age of 18 had not developed the emotional maturity to look at the past, but certainly don't understand the way grown adults are behaving over a photo in a sport league, compared to real life problems..... It's concerning.

dans79

AR3-GP wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:10
I would ask the twitter fellow the same thing because not everyone looked at the tweet and was "antagonized" by it. I can understand if some children below the age of 18 had not developed the emotional maturity to look at the past, but certainly don't understand the way grown adults are behaving over a photo in a sport league, compared to real life problems..... It's concerning.
I'd say it's no different than the people who always jump to Max/RBR defence no matter what they do. Or others who intentionally want a war, for example from the twitter thread.

even semi news outlets think its a bad idea!
197 104 103 7

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dans79 wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:30
AR3-GP wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 03:10
I'd say it's no different than the people who always jump to Max/RBR defence no matter what they do. Or others who intentionally want a war, for example from the twitter thread.

even semi news outlets think its a bad idea!
Can I ask if you follow Red Bull Racing on twitter? If you generally don't like the team, and don't find their content to please you, then you can always block their tweets so you don't see them.

You absolutely shouldn't expect that the official Red Bull Racing twitter page will not celebrate their accomplishments with their twitter followers. Unless you were directly tagged in the tweet, or direct messaged by their twitter page as a fan of some other racing team, then I don't see how one can suggest Red Bull has antagonized anyone. After all, their tweets are only distributed to their followers and anyone who doesn't want to see Red Bull racing content can block this content in their twitter settings. Maybe people should try that so they do not risk feeling antagonized by content on the page. Content which I'll add does not violate any twitter terms of service.