Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
cheeRS
cheeRS

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

JPower wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:27
Hoffman900 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:21

Is it even the car?

Not sure why anyone is wasting any effort yet to analyze this.
Given the descriptions about it from various sources, there's a very high chance. If its fake, they're an extremely talented artist that has shown more imagination than every other 2022 render out there.

It's not fake. Arguably more effort would be required by someone to design this fake car that also "randomly" adheres to all the technical rules and has quite complete geometry than the effort required by the collective Ferrari F1 organization.

This is the car (or at least what Ferrari want us to see so far) and boy, it looks interesting. Look at the geometry around the louvers!
🤭 wrote:
“Being the 'most successful statistically' has nothing to do with being the 'best'. neither when it comes to the cars, nor when it comes to the drivers” 😂

Fede90
Fede90

PlatinumZealot wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:12
I'm sorry Tifosi, but Carlito and Sharl will be fighting for points until I am convinced that this weird middle-ground philosophy is an advantage.

It has a big basin in top of the side-pod and I am not sure why. Are they trying to scoop the air upward, over the rear wheel like those fender flick-ups from 2008? Or did they forget that Caterham failed miserably with this idea.

And what's with that "horse knuckle" looking over-cut? Is the down-wash from this to help lower the pressure at the throat of the venturi tunnel?

The side pod openings seem to be aimed at making a sort of rock climbing nook for the drivers stick their boots in to enter the cock-pit more than anything else...

Sorry Tifosi!

:mrgreen:

/S
A championship without competitors only harms spectators. I don't agree your line and i think is disrespectful deride Ferrari's fans

jeffersoooooon
jeffersoooooon

I think the whole sidepodconcept is to create a large vortex around this edge, to get more air to the diffusor area. Since there are no bargeboards anymore, it's more difficult to guide air around the sidepods to that area.

JPower
JPower

cheeRS wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:35
JPower wrote:
Hoffman900 wrote:

Is it even the car?

Given the descriptions about it from various sources, there's a very high chance. If its fake, they're an extremely talented artist that has shown more imagination than every other 2022 render out there.

It's not fake. Arguably more effort would be required by someone to design this fake car that also "randomly" adheres to all the technical rules and has quite complete geometry than the effort required by the collective Ferrari F1 organization.

This is the car (or at least what Ferrari want us to see so far) and boy, it looks interesting. Look at the geometry around the louvers!
Yup, that's what I'm saying. There's no way an artist could create this on a whim. Looking forward to the official pics tomorrow.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Emag wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:26
Hoffman900 wrote:
LM10 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:19

You should immediately apply for the job as technical director, if you managed to analyze a whole concept with nothing more than looking at a single angle on a low quality picture and from that came to the conclusion that Ferrari will be fighting for points. Because then you're much better than the combination of hundreds of engineers working thousands of hours with the best possible equipment/hardware/software to build this car.
Is it even the car?

It's way too detailed of a concept to be fake. Doubt someone just came up with a new philosophy just to make a random render of the car.
It’s not though. Look at Sci-fi anything; Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. That’s all fake too.
Last edited by Hoffman900 on 16 Feb 2022, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

JPower wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:37
cheeRS wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:35
JPower wrote:

Yup, that's what I'm saying. There's no way an artist could create this on a whim. Looking forward to the official pics tomorrow.
Has anyone even placed this render into a rules box?

Emag
Emag

It is though, because its a huge deviation from the show cars FIA has provided.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Emag wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:40
It is though, because its a huge deviation from the show cars FIA has provided.
That doesn’t mean it is real. :lol:

Bomber_Pilot

I've had eight hours of sleep in the last three days and i am looking at this on my phone, but it kinda looks like they have two sidepod air intakes...

the EDGE
the EDGE

my tuppence worth...

A lot of work has gone into this render, but it just doesn't seem to be of the quality you'd expect if it was real...although we have seen some rather shocking mistakes on the renders of other cars already this year

I suspect its fake, but if not, its solutions look muddled to me, which is another reason I don't think it's real

F1ern
F1ern

It almost looks like the whole upper part of the sidepod air intake is just a wing, and behind it all hollow. The sidepod air intake is only at the bottom. Something like the Ferrari 2017 and 2018. Anyone know what i mean? Would it be legal?
Last edited by F1ern on 16 Feb 2022, 21:10, edited 2 times in total.

jacobianminkowski
jacobianminkowski

I feel like Ferrari will just add the undercut later and this will just look like Aston and the Alfa. also the nose is very thin.

Marc.W

I'll be very surprised if that is a render

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

It’s not a render, I think that’s just copium because it’s pretty uninspired.

People have to keep in mind that Ferrari don’t have much centreline cooling so they will have bigger side pods but better flow to the rear wing.

Front wing looks interesting though. Looking forward to more angles tomorrow.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

JPower
JPower

jacobianminkowski wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:55
I feel like Ferrari will just add the undercut later and this will just look like Aston and the Alfa. also the nose is very thin.
Why would they need to add an undercut?