Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Emag
Emag

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

jacobianminkowski wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:55
I feel like Ferrari will just add the undercut later and this will just look like Aston and the Alfa. also the nose is very thin.
Its unlikely considering the shape of the sidepods.

jacobianminkowski
jacobianminkowski

The upper part of the side pods is relatively horizontal with louvers very similar to the amr22 and the c42. If they add and undercut the three teams will have the same philosophy. That might be a hint as to the performance of that philosophy for 2022.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Some designs don’t do the undercut so that the front part of the side pod is basically taking over some of the work the bargeboards used to do.

jacobianminkowski
jacobianminkowski

I don't think it makes sense to mix the philosophies.

JPower
JPower

jacobianminkowski wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 21:31
The upper part of the side pods is relatively horizontal with louvers very similar to the amr22 and the c42. If they add and undercut the three teams will have the same philosophy. That might be a hint as to the performance of that philosophy for 2022.
Or they could not because they believe their solution is better than Alfa or Aston.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Hoffman900 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:39
Emag wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:26
Hoffman900 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:21

Is it even the car?

Not sure why anyone is wasting any effort yet to analyze this.
It's way too detailed of a concept to be fake. Doubt someone just came up with a new philosophy just to make a random render of the car.
It’s not though. Look at Sci-fi anything; Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. That’s all fake too.
I’m sorry, but that doesn’t look like a render… And if it is, whomever did it spent more time rendering the background than they did the car itself, the level of detail is crazy.

It is an actual car

tpe
tpe

F1ern wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:50
It almost looks like the whole upper part of the sidepod air intake is just a wing, and behind it all hollow. The sidepod air intake is only at the bottom. Something like the Ferrari 2017 and 2018. Anyone know what i mean? Would it be legal?
I have a similar idea too.
That they try to generate downforce at the centre of the car.

I have no idea about aerodynamics, so, it's probably the wrong idea. But it's mine and I like it :D

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

the EDGE wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:50
my tuppence worth...

A lot of work has gone into this render, but it just doesn't seem to be of the quality you'd expect if it was real...although we have seen some rather shocking mistakes on the renders of other cars already this year

I suspect its fake, but if not, its solutions look muddled to me, which is another reason I don't think it's real
I'm quite sure this is a real photo of a physical car.
Marc.W wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 21:08
I'll be very surprised if that is a render
Agreed. Renders can usually be easily identified. This one would be a masterpiece if it is a render, not only the car looks extremely real (dirt, imperfections, shadowing) but also the surrounding of the car are completely unnecessarily complex (and perfect). Anyone doing a render would use a simpler surrounding.

tpe
tpe

Are these things holes?

Looks like there is second layer at the floor!

bagajohny
bagajohny

So far everyone has taken a somewhat different approach with aero. Its going to be very exciting season.
I really like the livery of Ferrari. My second most favourite after AM livery.

Schippke
Schippke

So on first impressions... yeah, I'd say this is a quite definitive image of what the launch of the SF-75 is going to be. The questions will be how much of it is currently being shown between now, and its initial shakedown and the first test at Barcelona... and then again in Bahrain. :roll:

No doubt the side-pods look quite interesting from the side; Bulky... but not necessary a bad thing. A lot of the airflow is going to want to be channeled towards the front of the floor to feed the tunnels, which makes the front of the car quite intriguing judging by what seems to be going on with the front wing/nose. In saying that, I'm sure there will be sufficient flow going over the diffuser too... we just might need more images around the car to see how their philosophy works.

A lot of the talk of the suspension going back to the Pull-Rod at the front seems to have gone a bit unfounded... but as mentioned by others here and elsewhere, it isn't a massive game changer either way, more so how it is incorporated into the entire design.

I think the floor has yet to be truly revealed, especially considering what we've seen on track with the Alfa Romeo and Williams... there's definitely more to come of this in the coming days and weeks. Final note on the livery - Looks good in the studio! I'm sure it'll look nice on track.

GTO99

.poz wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 19:40
something is wrong with front left tire....
Ya, tire looks deformed in front...like there's puncture. Must be due to pano view.
Tea tray similar to AMR22.
Front wing first plane looks to be curling up near the nose cone...like there's pronounced scoop. Again it could be due to photo distortion.

Emag
Emag

Now excuse my professional paint skills ...

But it seems like the front part of the sidepod is sloped like an "U" shape, with the wing mirrors serving as an "overhang". I am suspecting the cooling inlet is probably angled and not fully frontal. The inner part of the sidepods sweeps down somewhat aggressively, with the outer part staying flat, possibly acting as a shield against dirty air?

F1ern
F1ern

Emag wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 23:10

https://i.imgur.com/Cblsfcj.png

But it seems like the front part of the sidepod is sloped like an "U" shape, with the wing mirrors serving as an "overhang". I am suspecting the cooling inlet is probably angled and not fully frontal. The inner part of the sidepods sweeps down somewhat aggressively, with the outer part staying flat, possibly acting as a shield against dirty air?
Yes, that is my idea too.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Emag wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 23:10

https://i.imgur.com/Cblsfcj.png

I don't see it that way. I think that the sidepod is flat on the top above the inlet (so looking from the front, flat). It does seem that there is a dip and a "fence" on top of the sidepod where the lovers are.