FIA Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Juzh

Re: FIA Thread

If successful It would mean perez' lead over hamilton is down to 20 points

diffuser

Juzh wrote:
06 Nov 2023, 16:25
Depends on what the the penalty is. He finished well over 5 second in front of Russell. Gasly, was next, almost 30 seconds behind. So I doubt he'll get a 30 second penalty. The other thing is, they're allowed 3 warnings but they never got any warning so how does that play into it?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
06 Nov 2023, 17:26
Juzh wrote:
Depends on what the the penalty is. He finished well over 5 second in front of Russell. Gasly, was next, almost 30 seconds behind. So I doubt he'll get a 30 second penalty. The other thing is, they're allowed 3 warnings but they never got any warning so how does that play into it?
Haas's proposal is 18x 5 seconds added to his race time. That is eighteen 5 second penalties. He will be back at the race start in Japan when they are done counting :lol: . Since that is the only framework we have for the penalties, I can't see anything else applying.

Also iirc, Aston Martin got a lot of people hosed in Austria, and it didn't matter if you hadn't been warned. You got the penalties that the regs said you should have.

mendis
mendis

The usual punishment for the offence of track limit breaches in a race includes warning, black and white flag and then the 5 second penalty. It would be stupidity to punish with any meaningful penalty without having warned! As a driver one can claim he never saw the white line due to visibility issues and if he was warned first time when he breached, he would have done course correction by changing lines to that corner. It would be unfair to punish them without a warning.
Last edited by Stu on 06 Nov 2023, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic bait removed - unnecessary & unproductive

chrisc90

Didn't something similar happen in Austria last year(2022)? With one of the Williams I believe?

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Nov 2023, 18:23
diffuser wrote:
06 Nov 2023, 17:26
Juzh wrote:
Haas's proposal is 18x 5 seconds added to his race time. That is eighteen 5 second penalties. He will be back at the race start in Japan when they are done counting :lol: . Since that is the only framework we have for the penalties, I can't see anything else applying.

Also iirc, Aston Martin got a lot of people hosed in Austria, and it didn't matter if you hadn't been warned. You got the penalties that the regs said you should have.

That was funny. I had a good laugh.

Didn't AMR report it after the race ? Unlike Haas here that have waited 3 weeks? Plus those drivers in Austria had already been warned.? Anyways, interested on how they rule. Getting tired of these track limits. They should find some standard curb height and width that would destabilise a car significantly to deter them from using the track side.

chrisc90

Problem is...how far do you go with these??

How long is it going to be before someone says they missed out on a Q2 or Q3 appearance because of a missed track limits?

Im sure page 63/86 of the international sporting code says its only after 30mins of the classification. https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/123

Wouter

FIA appoints F1 Commissioner to help lead improvements

The FIA has appointed an F1 Commissioner to help with its strategies and improvements in grand prix racing, Motorsport.com has learned.

Former F1 journalist Dieter Rencken, who has been working as an advisor to FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem for several months,
will take up the role with immediate effect.

It is understood that Rencken will report directly to Ben Sulayem, and he has been tasked with assisting in the formulation
and implementation of improvements for F1 on behalf of the governing body. The FIA is a separate organisation to F1's commercial rights holders FOM.

He will furthermore help with discussions over the framing of the new Concorde Agreement, the document by which F1 is run,
which is expected to come into force in 2026.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia- ... /10545151/
The Power of Dreams!

Zynerji

Why Klaus Schwab running F1 now? 🧐

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Mr.S
Mr.S

Huge news. GM as an engine supplier is big & a better deal than Ford which will only do the battery side of the Red Bull Powertrains !

This is great. F1 need more teams. Hope BMW & Toyota also join 1 day & we have 13 great teams with so many OEMs. Many drivers are not getting a chance. Teams like Haas can then get their deserved 13th place & we will have Alpha Tauri, Haas, Williams in the Bottom 3 (hopefully) & atleast 10 teams linked to some OEM (chassis or engine wise) !

skoop
skoop

Does this mean that Andretti has to find an engine partner for the seasons from 2025 - 2027?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

skoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 17:01
Does this mean that Andretti has to find an engine partner for the seasons from 2025 - 2027?
Yes and Alpine doesn't seem to be interested anymore now that they know Andretti is just using them as a placeholder.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 18:23
skoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 17:01
Yes and Alpine doesn't seem to be interested anymore now that they know Andretti is just using them as a placeholder.
I agree, think this makes it harder for them to come in for 2026. nobody is gonna want to be their stop gap.

I'm not sure how long it will take GM to catch up after all the other PU manufacturers have 2 years of real world data.

to be honest, none of the teams want Andretti. Maybe GM can end up with McLaren or Williams? The only remaining non works teams.

Juzh

Mr.S wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 16:21
Huge news. GM as an engine supplier is big & a better deal than Ford which will only do the battery side of the Red Bull Powertrains !
I'm still sceptical ford will end up doing anything other than having naming rights for the engine.