2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
gandharva

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

organic wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 16:36
Changing their development direction quite a lot with the latest change. Am expecting a change to the sidepods too soon given the quite significant change to the 'bargeboard' region
What I wonder most is why they ditched alot of the lightweight parts already introduced?

Snorked
Snorked

Excellent result.

One more win for Max should give him the cushion of coming home in 2nd in all remaining races and still winning the championship.

Sieper

It’s still a long, long season. All we can say is Max is maximizing to an almost scary degree whilst Charles is not.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

gandharva wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 18:58
organic wrote:
Changing their development direction quite a lot with the latest change. Am expecting a change to the sidepods too soon given the quite significant change to the 'bargeboard' region
What I wonder most is why they ditched alot of the lightweight parts already introduced?
That has baffled me as well. Maybe they can control flex better with titanium than CF?
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Snorked wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 19:00
Excellent result.

One more win for Max should give him the cushion of coming home in 2nd in all remaining races and still winning the championship.
On the other hand, Leclerc and Sainz will be driving all the more desperately around Max.

organic

Horner said post-race that they saw more blistering on the Ferrari in the first stint and felt they had better tyre wear so they went for the early stop. But they had seen how hard it was to pass so went to a 1-stop rather than the pre-race planned 2-stop. Makes sense as it would've been tough for Charles to come back through even with a slight tyre offset

organic

gandharva wrote:
organic wrote:
I'm guessing the CF struts that they used in Silverstone didn't work as intended. Perhaps they're being modified before they'll reappear

Dee
Dee

Silent Storm wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 19:23
gandharva wrote:
organic wrote:
That has baffled me as well. Maybe they can control flex better with titanium than CF?
Maybe its budget cap...

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

Snorked wrote:
Excellent result.

The Ferrari team is still a sleeping giant. Max in my mind is secure if all he needs to do is bank 3rds. Sainz and Leclerc on perfectly executed weekends have the pace to be both in front of Max. It is just that Ferrari doesnt execute. Its more about what Ferrari isn't doing, than what RB does.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Dee wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 22:57
Silent Storm wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 19:23
gandharva wrote:

Maybe its budget cap...
They already spent the money to make those parts so why not use them unless they are contributing to an issue.

chrisc90

napoleon1981 wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 23:02
Snorked wrote:
Excellent result.

The Ferrari team is still a sleeping giant. Max in my mind is secure if all he needs to do is bank 3rds. Sainz and Leclerc on perfectly executed weekends have the pace to be both in front of Max. It is just that Ferrari doesnt execute. Its more about what Ferrari isn't doing, than what RB does.
Ferrari are having a shocker of a season. Only 6 races where both cars have finished out of 12, there’s probably a good handful of others where there’s been a engine penalty, strategy screw up, Charles sticking it into a barrier in Monza and I can’t remember the others. That’s very few races where it has gone ‘right’ for the team on a whole.

They don’t have the experience of all these mega sharp pin point strategy decisions we see from the likes of red bull. Their pit wall can’t even decide when to make a basic pitstop these days. Look at sainz doing 17 laps on the hard tyre when it should have done double that. And all they had left was a medium which was going to give him a realistic 20laps of pace before needing to stop again. So they basically committed him to a 2 stop strategy at the first safety car when everyone else on hard tyres going to the end.

Vastly all red bull need to do is throw some strategy curveballs when they see the smallest things happening and it would throw Ferrari off.

Charles hasn’t got the ‘skill set’ to become a WDC just yet, he’s nowhere near as refined as Max in his driving yet.

All max needs now is to get another couple more wins under his belt with a bit of Ferrari/Charles misfortune and he will be able to ‘cruise’ to the end by simply picking up points and bringing the car home.

mendis
mendis

chrisc90 wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 23:37
napoleon1981 wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 23:02
Snorked wrote:
Excellent result.

Ferrari are having a shocker of a season. Only 6 races where both cars have finished out of 12, there’s probably a good handful of others where there’s been a engine penalty, strategy screw up, Charles sticking it into a barrier in Monza and I can’t remember the others. That’s very few races where it has gone ‘right’ for the team on a whole.

They don’t have the experience of all these mega sharp pin point strategy decisions we see from the likes of red bull. Their pit wall can’t even decide when to make a basic pitstop these days. Look at sainz doing 17 laps on the hard tyre when it should have done double that. And all they had left was a medium which was going to give him a realistic 20laps of pace before needing to stop again. So they basically committed him to a 2 stop strategy at the first safety car when everyone else on hard tyres going to the end.

Vastly all red bull need to do is throw some strategy curveballs when they see the smallest things happening and it would throw Ferrari off.

Charles hasn’t got the ‘skill set’ to become a WDC just yet, he’s nowhere near as refined as Max in his driving yet.

All max needs now is to get another couple more wins under his belt with a bit of Ferrari/Charles misfortune and he will be able to ‘cruise’ to the end by simply picking up points and bringing the car home.
It appears as if Ferrari has fired it's entire strategy team and race control engineering team at base to use that money to build a fast car. It's just the race engineer sitting on the pit wall that has to do everything. When he is busy picking an alphabet to attach to "Plan <alphabet here>", he isn't looking at his monitor. Driver is also doubling up as his assistant strategist. Ferrari has pioneered this path breaking way of managing races. Because they are Ferrari, they don't need to win anything to prove anything. They are special, their opponents feel for their misery and wants to race them and feel sad when they don't. Does Red Bull do that if Mercedes suffers misfortune?

Sieper

Guys, let’s talk about redbull please.

etusch

How this sh.t can happen and happen only to perez ?
In a statement, the FIA have confirmed that their system had an issue during the virtual safety car period towards the end of the French Grand Prix. Guanyu Zhou stopped out on the circuit causing the VSC with four laps remaining.

In the build-up to this period, Sergio Perez and George Russell were engaged in a brilliant battle for third place. It looked like Perez had the advantage but the VSC gave Russell another chance. When the VSC is ready to end, an 'ending' message appears and the track returns to green at a random moment within a small timeframe. The ending period went on slightly longer and Red Bull questioned this post-race. The FIA confirmed that something went wrong.

FIA statement
"A second VSC ending message was sent due to a hardware issue, which led to an automated switch to backup systems that worked exactly as they should in that scenario," the statement said.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/119152/f ... Sa0Za0eABI

chrisc90

2 fia blunders cost Checo P3