2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gillian
Gillian

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I thought it was very weird but that explains a lot!

I don't come here as often anymore because the anti Verstappen comments are just to annoying to read. Even after this race where Verstappen executed his race perfectly, his main rival took himself out of the race, a Merc driver dive-bombs Perez and has a temper tantrum afterwards somehow people still find negative things to say about Verstappen. :wtf:

For me it's clear Verstappen this year again is the best driver. Hamilton is finding his mojo again but unfortunately (or luckily depending on your point of view) the Merc is just not in the same league as Ferrari and RB. There's been talk about the different approach of Verstappen racing against Leclerc and Hamilton and this race just showed the reason. Leclerc is fast but still cracks under pressure, makes random silly mistakes. Hamilton doesn't. I think Verstappen knows it and that's why he takes a different approach battling Hamilton.

There's a nice gap of points between Verstappen and number 2 but still a long way to go. The Ferrari is the better car at the moment I think, faster in qualifying and a little nicer for its tires. Sainz drove a stellar race again so it's not over yet!

etusch

The RB18 of Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez has actually been too heavy all year and the Austrians have not yet managed to get rid of the excess kilos. It's a big disadvantage compared to the Ferrari, as it costs several tenths per lap. Verstappen describes it as a very complex problem.

Red Bull have struggled with their weight since the start of the season. The Milton Keynes-based team made progress in the early months of 2022, reducing its excess weight to 'just' five kilograms at one point. However, updates introduced in recent weeks have allegedly made the RB18 heavier again.

RB18 too heavy
Verstappen says in conversation with Formule1.nl it's not something that can be solved one-two-three. Red Bull is losing some time especially in the high-speed corners."We have to work around that now, that has less of an impact on one track than another. You always have to look for a way to rotate the car."

It sounds so simple, making a car a little lighter, but it is anything but that. "The weight by definition costs lap time, that remains a burden and you don't solve it with one upgrade," Verstappen continues. Red Bull will be pulling out all the stops to keep developing the RB18 in the coming months. At some point, however, the focus will have to shift to 2023. The budget cap also means that the development possibilities are not endless.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/117695/r ... grade.html

Wouter

Afterwards Lando, Kelly and Max flew by helicopter home to Monaco.

The Power of Dreams!

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

chrisc90 wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 10:24
2 fia blunders cost Checo P3
“The FIA have since released a statement on the issue: “A second VSC ending message was sent due to a hardware issue, which led to an automated switch to backup systems that worked exactly as they should in that scenario. The same information is supplied to all teams concurrently. The VSC ending countdown time to the green light being displayed on the trackside panels is always random.”

Sorry but checo was caught napping, the FIA system worked precisely how it was supposed to so no need to blame them for a “blunder”.

etusch

morefirejules08 wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 16:53
chrisc90 wrote:
“The FIA have since released a statement on the issue: “A second VSC ending message was sent due to a hardware issue, which led to an automated switch to backup systems that worked exactly as they should in that scenario. The same information is supplied to all teams concurrently. The VSC ending countdown time to the green light being displayed on the trackside panels is always random.”

Sorry but checo was caught napping, the FIA system worked precisely how it was supposed to so no need to blame them for a “blunder”.
sory but your comments make me think that you hvae not any clue about reaction time and benefits. How Perez overtook by ham etc.
I don't see Perez completely inocent too.

Big Tea

etusch wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 20:14
morefirejules08 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

sory but your comments make me think that you hvae not any clue about reaction time and benefits. How Perez overtook by ham etc.
I think Red Bull may come in for some stick concerning the threw away comment from the team considering all the 'never drink' posters at tracks this last few years.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

etusch wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 20:14
morefirejules08 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

It was an even playing field, every driver had to contend with the VSC going on to a backup mode not just checo. If Russell mentally processed what was happening better than checo that’s not the FIA’s fault.
The system worked as designed, yet some fans would rather point the finger at the FIA and not one of their favourite drivers.

Sieper

Gillian wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 11:06

I don't come here as often anymore because the anti Verstappen comments are just to annoying to read. Even after this race where Verstappen executed his race perfectly, his main rival took himself out of the race, a Merc driver dive-bombs Perez and has a temper tantrum afterwards somehow people still find negative things to say about Verstappen. :wtf:

For me it's clear Verstappen this year again is the best driver. Hamilton is finding his mojo again but unfortunately (or luckily depending on your point of view) the Merc is just not in the same league as Ferrari and RB. There's been talk about the different approach of Verstappen racing against Leclerc and Hamilton and this race just showed the reason. Leclerc is fast but still cracks under pressure, makes random silly mistakes. Hamilton doesn't. I think Verstappen knows it and that's why he takes a different approach battling Hamilton.

There's a nice gap of points between Verstappen and number 2 but still a long way to go. The Ferrari is the better car at the moment I think, faster in qualifying and a little nicer for its tires. Sainz drove a stellar race again so it's not over yet!
Couldn’t agree more and I feel very sorry the Merc brigade has chased you away, it happened to (too) many and is a big shade over this otherwise quite interesting forum. With the new mod team it is improved and we have one mod who does an especially good job. In fact, the one I expected not to.

It is not only the mods, if you don’t like a team, or a driver, and you post in “their” topics, just consider yourself a guest. It is what I do when I post in threads of those teams. Be polite and courteous. It is not your home.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Is there any credibility to rumors of a "major chassis upgrade" after the summer break?

Big Tea

AR3-GP wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 23:40
Is there any credibility to rumors of a "major chassis upgrade" after the summer break?
TBH, Does the Red Bull chassis need any major updates?
Would this just be a waste of the (cost capped) budget?
If you mean a new version including any regulation changes, it may be money well spent, but why bring a 'to date' upgrade if it is not a finished item?

Which is not to say they will not, just is it 'giving the game away' as once it is seen it is no longer new.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

e30ernest
e30ernest

Big Tea wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 00:31
AR3-GP wrote:
If you mean a new version including any regulation changes, it may be money well spent, but why bring a 'to date' upgrade if it is not a finished item?

Which is not to say they will not, just is it 'giving the game away' as once it is seen it is no longer new.
I think it would be reckless if they didn't. Ferrari is very close in performance to the Red Bull (could swing either way between tracks) and the big red team won't stand still. The same goes for Merc. If they somehow switch on that car and suddenly end up in the mix, any extra performance for RB would be a good investment IMO.

Watto
Watto

e30ernest wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 03:29
Big Tea wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

I think it would be reckless if they didn't. Ferrari is very close in performance to the Red Bull (could swing either way between tracks) and the big red team won't stand still. The same goes for Merc. If they somehow switch on that car and suddenly end up in the mix, any extra performance for RB would be a good investment IMO.
Wazari in the Honda engine thread mentioned a car/chassis upgrade after the summer break to coinside with the new ERS from Honda. How much truth to that who knows

Wouter

Watto wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 03:40
e30ernest wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

Wazari in the Honda engine thread mentioned a car/chassis upgrade after the summer break to coinside with the new ERS from Honda. How much truth to that who knows
Wazari wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 03:11
There will be a significant upgrade to the ERS system after summer break and that along
with a major chassis upgrade about the same time should bode well for RBR in the second half of the season.
@Wazari wrote that on June 13th and those were the plans at the time.
You can assume that this is 100% correct.
Meanwhile, plans may have changed slightly.

@Wazari can you tell us if the plans are still going ahead?
The Power of Dreams!

Watto
Watto

Wouter wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 09:03
Watto wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 03:40
e30ernest wrote:

Wazari wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 03:11
There will be a significant upgrade to the ERS system after summer break and that along
with a major chassis upgrade about the same time should bode well for RBR in the second half of the season.
@Wazari wrote that on June 13th and those were the plans at the time.
You can assume that this is 100% correct.
Meanwhile, plans may have changed slightly.

@Wazari can you tell us if the plans are still going ahead?
Certainly trust Wazaris info. But as you said sometimes things change

TNTHead

Sieper wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 23:32
Gillian wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 11:06

Couldn’t agree more and I feel very sorry the Merc brigade has chased you away, it happened to (too) many and is a big shade over this otherwise quite interesting forum. With the new mod team it is improved and we have one mod who does an especially good job. In fact, the one I expected not to.

It is not only the mods, if you don’t like a team, or a driver, and you post in “their” topics, just consider yourself a guest. It is what I do when I post in threads of those teams. Be polite and courteous. It is not your home.
Excellent post Sieper. Somehow respect for a total different opinion is difficult nowadays. The only thing we can do is to be respectful... always.

As for last race and the championship: you need to be outstanding in every part of the game, car pace, driver execution, team operations, strategy. RB was outstanding last year with no relevant driver errors of VER. They take that experience into this season, and seem to have dialed out the biggest reliability issues.
And VER has developed a good sense of risk/reward approach in every situation.
FER has the pace but both drivers and team are not yet at the RB level.