2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

TNTHead wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 15:18
Sieper wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 23:32
Gillian wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 11:06
I thought it was very weird but that explains a lot!

I don't come here as often anymore because the anti Verstappen comments are just to annoying to read. Even after this race where Verstappen executed his race perfectly, his main rival took himself out of the race, a Merc driver dive-bombs Perez and has a temper tantrum afterwards somehow people still find negative things to say about Verstappen. :wtf: ...
Couldn’t agree more and I feel very sorry the Merc brigade has chased you away, it happened to (too) many and is a big shade over this otherwise quite interesting forum. With the new mod team it is improved and we have one mod who does an especially good job. In fact, the one I expected not to.

It is not only the mods, if you don’t like a team, or a driver, and you post in “their” topics, just consider yourself a guest. It is what I do when I post in threads of those teams. Be polite and courteous. It is not your home.
Excellent post Sieper. Somehow respect for a total different opinion is difficult nowadays. The only thing we can do is to be respectful... always.

As for last race and the championship: you need to be outstanding in every part of the game, car pace, driver execution, team operations, strategy. RB was outstanding last year with no relevant driver errors of VER. They take that experience into this season, and seem to have dialed out the biggest reliability issues.
And VER has developed a good sense of risk/reward approach in every situation.
FER has the pace but both drivers and team are not yet at the RB level.
Couldn’t agree more to all three of you! =D>
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel ... g-22072606
Marko confirms: Updates and grid penalties will come after the summer break
In addition, it is considered very likely that Ferrari will have to exchange engine components for both drivers without permission, which would result in further grid penalties. But Marko confirms that Red Bull also has to accept a grid penalty.

"That will also happen to us and we just have to choose a track where you can overtake relatively well. If you look at the next races, then you will definitely come to a track that we have chosen," says Marko, who is with it suggests that the punishment will probably come in Spa or Monza.

But in addition to grid penalties, there will also be further improvements to the RB18 after the summer break: "We are constantly developing," says Marko. "That's the DNA of Red Bull Racing. It won't be as serious anymore, but there will be updates well into the second half of the season. We'll have to wait and see the details."
They have to use a new 3rd PU after the summer break, because then new upgraded ERS parts will come in.
They can't finish the season with that, also a 3rd sprintrace weekend, and you don't want to drive with PU2 anymore, because
it has less power, so a 4th PU has to be added.
The Power of Dreams!

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

I doubt this. Think they can go with only 3PU, easily.

chrisc90

I think it’ll be 3. They technically used 3 last year if you take out the silverstone engine that died on first race

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 12:18
I think it’ll be 3. They technically used 3 last year if you take out the silverstone engine that died on first race
Last year they didn't have an upgraded ERS system after PU2, so there was no need to change this early to a more powerfull PU3.
The Power of Dreams!

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

That wouldn't matter. The benefit of the upgraded ERS would not be enough to make up for points loss by moving back of the grid. The PU as is is good enough to provide regular fight for win each race.

Aesop
Aesop

Why sacrifice a win at Spa or Monza? Both should suite the RB18 quite well. Maximize points and change when necessary I'd say.

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

I'd probably guess they hold it out for around Mexico or Austin. By that time the hope in the championship fight may be completely gone so there is no risk in doing it. I don't think they can risk potentially dropping a lot of points and slowly letting Leclerc creep back into frame

Gillian
Gillian

It makes sense to take a penalty for a 4th stronger fresh PU. Gap between RB/Ferrari and the rest is large enough to take a penalty and still get to top 4. Gap between Ferrari and RB is also large enough to say RB will come 3rd 4th with the current package anyway (based on pace, disregarding Ferrari implosions). Taking a penalty for an extra (more powerful) PU is a no brainer. Even more so considering it will be a big upgrade, big enough to maybe be faster than Ferrari again.

Sieper

Max and Checo can still take a 3rd PU penalty free. So they will do that at Spa, as the new electrical parts must be used before September first. I am thinking that the new PU (electrical) parts are also be different in shape etc. So that switching them around with pu1 and 2 isn’t so easy.

If that indeed is the case they will, as Marko said, need to take a PU4 somewhere, I wouldn’t recommended Monza as that is very hard to overtake at. DRS train galore.

rogazilla
rogazilla

Can they introduce the 3rd Pu on Friday and revert back to PU2? Does that count to introduce it to the pool? Unless I guess the mounting point and other internal pieces have to change also.

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

rogazilla wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 15:34
Can they introduce the 3rd Pu on Friday and revert back to PU2? Does that count to introduce it to the pool? Unless I guess the mounting point and other internal pieces have to change also.
Of course. The are still using PU1 on Fridays.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Perez took Turbo2 and MGU-H 2 in Saudi Arabia. This might be what Marko is referring to. I don't see why Max needs it.

Wouter

AR3-GP wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 15:53
Perez took Turbo2 and MGU-H 2 in Saudi Arabia. This might be what Marko is referring to. I don't see why Max needs it.
Max also needs this because of the much better ERS system.
The Power of Dreams!

basti313
basti313

Sieper wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 14:49
Max and Checo can still take a 3rd PU penalty free. So they will do that at Spa, as the new electrical parts must be used before September first. I am thinking that the new PU (electrical) parts are also be different in shape etc. So that switching them around with pu1 and 2 isn’t so easy.

If that indeed is the case they will, as Marko said, need to take a PU4 somewhere, I wouldn’t recommended Monza as that is very hard to overtake at. DRS train galore.
Sorry, Sieper, but this is wrong.
The homologation to 1st of September needs to be fulfilled by submitting the homologation dossier. See Appendix 4 of Tech regulations. What they put into the cars has nothing to do with this homologation deadline, it just needs to be homologated of course.
So they are completely free to use PU3 in Monza or already in Spa as usual. If they do not introduce PU3 in Hungary, they anyways have one engine at 7 races, so why should the other ones not last 7 races as well?
Don`t russel the hamster!