2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPower
JPower

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Good teamwork by the drivers.

Going to be a tough fight for Leclerc.

Let's hope the race pace is enough to hold off Max.

F1NAC

good job today team. Let's hope they can bring it home tomorrow.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

I'm confident for tomorrow, the only worrying thing is the top speed from RB but I think Charles will be able to hold them off.
Sainz looks to have his best week end since the beginning of the year. If there's a SC he can possibly win this one.

wowgr8
wowgr8

The usual ~1.1s gap Charles usually maintains in the first few laps will definitely not work against that bullet Red Bull tomorrow, the slipstream will suck Verstappen in and with DRS it will be game over. He really has to push like a madman because if he falls behind another car cooling becomes an even bigger issue. Crossing all fingers and toes that the race pace will be as good as it was in Spain.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

unless tyre degradation works some wonders , its a tough race.

Ferrari should go ahead with a predator mindset here instead of trying to match RB. as much as I have observed on tracks where RB isnt the best car they dont go all in... instead somehow they position themselves such way that they can gain maximum from any SC situation.

Now again i dont have any data to back that but the no of times max is 2nd best in race but somehow manages to overturne it in various stoppage incidents tells me that it doesn't happen randomly , they prepare themselves for it.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

wowgr8 wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 17:23
The usual ~1.1s gap Charles usually maintains in the first few laps will definitely not work against that bullet Red Bull tomorrow, the slipstream will suck Verstappen in and with DRS it will be game over. He really has to push like a madman because if he falls behind another car cooling becomes an even bigger issue. Crossing all fingers and toes that the race pace will be as good as it was in Spain.
RB looks too strong to win against them with performance. i mean pulling away, stopping early and stuff like that. imo a masterstroke on some late SC incident is the only possibility.

wowgr8
wowgr8

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 17:36
RB looks too strong to win against them with performance. i mean pulling away, stopping early and stuff like that. imo a masterstroke on some late SC incident is the only possibility.
Too soon to be saying that, the race pace is a big unknown, Red Bull have less df and should be worse on the tyres on paper especially in that heat. We have to wait and see how the race goes.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Ferrari must not be afraid to do an extra stop despite pit stop on this track are the costliest this year, it will be the key.

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Spoutnik wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 17:49
Ferrari must not be afraid to do an extra stop despite pit stop on this track are the costliest this year, it will be the key.
Why do you say that? Id think Ferrari is still aiming for a 2 stop - being med-hard-med, or med-med-hard. As long as deg on the medium is alright, which I think is the thing ferrari is pinning their hopes on, then there should be no need for an extra stop.

Likewise if it turns out to be a 1 stop (unlikely imo). They can still go med-hard the same as redbull… or have I misunderstood your point?

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Huge if true

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

wowgr8 wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 17:40
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 17:36
Too soon to be saying that, the race pace is a big unknown, Red Bull have less df and should be worse on the tyres on paper especially in that heat. We have to wait and see how the race goes.
agree with that possibility but still what i meant to say was...say 10-12 laps before finish Latifi traditionally bins it then i don't want to hear ohh Leclerc had a chance for win but had to pit on used tyres coz he didnt have a fresh set of soft/mediums etc. stuff like that.

for sure there will be some SC or stoppage incident and i dont want Ferrari to be like...ohh we will see then, i want them to consider it a serious chance to Snatch it.

wowgr8
wowgr8

Part of me is wishing they took a new ICE (or whatever the most problematic component is) for Leclerc here to minimize risk. With the atrocious reliability record lately I just can't see how he gets through 700km in the next two rounds with no issues, especially considering the heat. 5 place penalty and P3/P2 is better than a DNF.
Last edited by wowgr8 on 23 Jul 2022, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

Didnt they use all mediums up in practice?

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Sainz :Carlos’ interview after the race, Asked about how Charles will fair without him up front against the two Res Bulls he said “I think it will be easier for him that I’m not there, I’ve been faster all weekend.

all he thinks is about beating Leclerc , thats all.

dialtone
dialtone

Shal_Leg16 wrote:Sainz :Carlos’ interview after the race, Asked about how Charles will fair without him up front against the two Res Bulls he said “I think it will be easier for him that I’m not there, I’ve been faster all weekend.

all he thinks is about beating Leclerc , thats all.
Dude... It was a dumb question, and he replied with a joke. He literally went through quali putting his engine under stress just to give Charles a tow. He was great and he has been faster all weekend...