2023 Las Vegas Grand Prix - Las Vegas, Nov 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SSScoffee
SSScoffee

Re: 2023 Las Vegas Grand Prix - Las Vegas, Nov 16 - 18

Incognito wrote:
21 Nov 2023, 12:34
avantman wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 09:20
AR3-GP wrote:
19 Nov 2023, 15:21

If another driver had done what Hamilton did today, we wouldn't hear the end of it. How it was deliberate. Retaliation, childish blah blah blah.

Hamilton was way off the pace and lifting massively right until Bono told him Verstappen was 1 second behind. Then he floored it and then drove to the outside of the track even though he was instructed to pit with the entry on the left part of the straight.

The race sorted itself out in the end. :lol:
Unbelievable stuff. How can people still support this guy. I can't even call his behavior childish, it's something else.
I think it's because it's a blatant lie from the usual suspects? Approaching the corner before the pit entrance, Hamilton is 1.3 seconds ahead of Verstappen. As soon as he exits the tight chicane, he pulls off the racing line, then straightens the car, Verstappen passes him (as Hamilton has pulled out of his way) and then Hamilton applies steering angle once more and pulls into the pits.

Verstappen is 2 seconds behind when Russel stops gapping him (the lap after the puncture). When Russell passed the three-wheeled Hamilton, Verstappen was 2 seconds behind him. They go through the tight Chicane almost immediately afterwards and Verstappen passes Hamilton and is 3.6 behind. So he lost 1.6 in that final chicane. I guess having four tyres is a design advantage over three when it comes to cornering at speed, who knew. I know Hamilton's beaten Verstappen with a three wheel car before but...

If Hamilton had "cost 3 seconds" then I guess Verstappen was already ahead of Russel before the puncture and then magically teleported Verstappen backwards?
Anyone has the onboards of this?

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

CHT wrote:
21 Nov 2023, 08:50
Hammerfist wrote:
21 Nov 2023, 08:06
CHT wrote:
21 Nov 2023, 01:18
I think one of the reasons that made the LV GP exciting was the fact that it was an unusual race for MV as he didn't get the pole position nor manage to lead from start to end.

Supposedly if Max was on a pole or didn't have the 1st corner 5 sec penalty, it is very likely that he will control the race from start to end. Come 2024, I reckon most cars will run a Monza like aero setup to take advantage of the long straight.
He would not have controlled the race. He was caught and passed by Leclerc before he pitted. With no safety car Leclerc well might have won this race comfortably. The redbull was weak on the mediums.

Leclerc only managed to pass just before Max pitted. Once on harder tyres, Max was untouchable and it will be easy for Max to retain the lead once Lec pit if he didnt serve that 5 sec penalty.

Max is quicker in Sector 1 and Sector 2, while Lec is quicker in Sector 3, but only marginal. Which is why Max was able to pull away.
Max was quicker in the last stint mainly because he had slightly fresher tires. He still might have won the race without the safety car, but to claim i't's a guarantee is a stretch, and to claim he would have controlled the race from the start is just false.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Incognito wrote:
21 Nov 2023, 12:34
avantman wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 09:20
AR3-GP wrote:
19 Nov 2023, 15:21

If another driver had done what Hamilton did today, we wouldn't hear the end of it. How it was deliberate. Retaliation, childish blah blah blah.

Hamilton was way off the pace and lifting massively right until Bono told him Verstappen was 1 second behind. Then he floored it and then drove to the outside of the track even though he was instructed to pit with the entry on the left part of the straight.

The race sorted itself out in the end. :lol:
Unbelievable stuff. How can people still support this guy. I can't even call his behavior childish, it's something else.
I think it's because it's a blatant lie from the usual suspects? Approaching the corner before the pit entrance, Hamilton is 1.3 seconds ahead of Verstappen. As soon as he exits the tight chicane, he pulls off the racing line, then straightens the car, Verstappen passes him (as Hamilton has pulled out of his way) and then Hamilton applies steering angle once more and pulls into the pits.

Verstappen is 2 seconds behind when Russel stops gapping him (the lap after the puncture). When Russell passed the three-wheeled Hamilton, Verstappen was 2 seconds behind him. They go through the tight Chicane almost immediately afterwards and Verstappen passes Hamilton and is 3.6 behind. So he lost 1.6 in that final chicane. I guess having four tyres is a design advantage over three when it comes to cornering at speed, who knew. I know Hamilton's beaten Verstappen with a three wheel car before but...

If Hamilton had "cost 3 seconds" then I guess Verstappen was already ahead of Russel before the puncture and then magically teleported Verstappen backwards?
Yeah some just can't help but take a dump on Hamilton whenever possible, even when it shouldn't be possible. You just got to get used to it and ignore it.

FW17