2022 French Grand Prix - Le Castellet, July 22 - 24

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mafeotul
mafeotul

Re: 2022 French Grand Prix - Le Castellet, July 22 - 24

chrisc90 wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 11:15
Spoutnik wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 11:04
Is this THE weekend from Mercedes..? I'm hearing this every race since Barcelona
Only if Ferrari and redbull retire
I'm a hardcore Merc fan, and the only chance they have is some miraculous crazy race. I hardly doubt the deficit is reduced by some small tweaks.

epo
epo

Spoutnik wrote:
Is this THE weekend from Mercedes..? I'm hearing this every race since Barcelona
I really hope not, it is getting annoying the British press so eager to have Mercedes get back on top where Mercedes is a German brand ffs.

Now I wish a third or fourth team who can battle for wins like Mclaren or Alpine but not and never again Mercedes & Wolfpack. Toto, Hamilton and the youngster Russell (even worse then Hamilton) are just destroying the sport with their politic nonsense and crap, they show zero respect to others.

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

epo wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 11:31
Spoutnik wrote:
I really hope not, it is getting annoying the British press so eager to have Mercedes get back on top where Mercedes is a German brand ffs.

Now I wish a third or fourth team who can battle for wins like Mclaren or Alpine but not and never again Mercedes & Wolfpack. Toto, Hamilton and the youngster Russell (even worse then Hamilton) are just destroying the sport with their politic nonsense and crap, they show zero respect to others.
Lol, wut.

mafeotul
mafeotul

morefirejules08 wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 11:36
epo wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:

Lol, wut.
I think we found Horner's burner account.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

epo wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:
Yes, but the factories are in Britain and have a high number of British employees, including two British drivers.

Do you get annoyed at the Italian media talking about Ferrari?
Ah, just some hatred to fill our mornings with. Cool.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

mafeotul wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 11:39
morefirejules08 wrote:
epo wrote:

Lol, wut.
:lol: :lol: =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

organic

McLaren with a large update. Also Haas announcing no updates but brought new endplates

mafeotul
mafeotul

Just_a_fan wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 11:40
mafeotul wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 11:39
morefirejules08 wrote:

Lol, wut.
:lol: :lol: =D>
I mean, I'm a pretty hardcore fan, but that's just hatred if I ever seen it. I'm somewhat imagining Horner in the paddock, typing furiously with Marko behind him, " How do we also put them laughing moving faces?"

Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Schippke
Schippke

My 2 cents on the whole 'Rule Breaking' chat from the last few pages.

IF the FIA has inspected, tested and certified the cars ahead of a Grand Prix weekend and say they're legal to race, THEN... it is a bit difficult to argue whether a team is truly breaking the rules. BENDING? Most likely... but what team wouldn't to gain any possible advantage on the others?

If Ferrari and Red Bull are doing something more unique compared to the rest of the field, yet that still complies to the technical aspect of the regulations, but has been interpreted by others as a 'loop hole' OR 'against the spirit of the rules'... then that's the FIA's problem to sort out and shut said loop hole. Why should they be penalised for interpreting the rules differently if it gives them an advantage whilst staying within the technical regulations and passing all the necessary tests?

To me, that's a failure on the FIA's side in not being thorough enough in where and how they're testing certain areas and aspects of the car (and I'm fully aware they conduct a MASSIVE amount of tests and procedures to ensure the cars legality in the first place).

Schippke
Schippke

organic wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 11:41
Also Haas announcing no updates but brought new endplates
lol at Haas announcing nothing (endplates might've been used at a previous race?)... and then randomly getting a car or 2 into Q3 again? :mrgreen:

mafeotul
mafeotul

Schippke wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 11:55
My 2 cents on the whole 'Rule Breaking' chat from the last few pages.

IF the FIA has inspected, tested and certified the cars ahead of a Grand Prix weekend and say they're legal to race, THEN... it is a bit difficult to argue whether a team is truly breaking the rules. BENDING? Most likely... but what team wouldn't to gain any possible advantage on the others?

If Ferrari and Red Bull are doing something more unique compared to the rest of the field, yet that still complies to the technical aspect of the regulations, but has been interpreted by others as a 'loop hole' OR 'against the spirit of the rules'... then that's the FIA's problem to sort out and shut said loop hole. Why should they be penalised for interpreting the rules differently if it gives them an advantage whilst staying within the technical regulations and passing all the necessary tests?

To me, that's a failure on the FIA's side in not being thorough enough in where and how they're testing certain areas and aspects of the car (and I'm fully aware they conduct a MASSIVE amount of tests and procedures to ensure the cars legality in the first place).
In my 20+ years of watching F1, I have learned the best in this sport are not only the fastest, or the most talented, they are also the most intelligent at hiding their tricks. I don't doubt for a second every single car, manufacturer, engine, part, you name it, hasn't been "dipped" into a grey area of some sorts. I find the whole saga ridiculous, even as a Mercedes fan. Now, if come Spa the standings are changed / affected , the front three are all playing at the same level, I'm going to say fair enough. But given past experience, I am willing to put my house on the line, barely anything will change.

Some measures taken to avoid another BBQ

RedBull #RB18 update. The floor shock absorbing spring has been changed from the conventional disc spring type to the coil spring type used by Haas #VF22. The advantage is that the range of movement is widened and it is easy to change the preload when changing the setup. The technology adopted by the lower teams is interesting. - Google Translated.

mzivtins
mzivtins

epo wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:

Mercedes is only 1/3 owned by Benz, 1/3 by Ineos and 1/3 by toto himself. The entire factory is UK based as im AMG powertrains.

Just because the name Mercedes is there, it is still a British outfit because it has TWO British drivers.