Wow, mods are one sided

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

RZS10 wrote:
13 Sep 2023, 02:14
Hollus sent me this DM once and i feel entitled to - no, i DEMAND - answers !!!
https://i.imgur.com/KlmP7cj.png
This is disturbing.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Wouter wrote:
13 Sep 2023, 15:13
I said I agreed to that too! You can read it in my post from this morning 10:51 am.
Hollus also stated that a picture of the king and queen before the race on the grid was off topic
and nobody outside The Netherlands is interested in it. So it was removed.
Wouter I wouldn't worry about it. There was nothing wrong with it or any reason for anyone to overthink it, but alas. What's done is done.

There's something more deeply troubling going on here, but the moderation team will have to take care of it amongst themselves. Hopefully they reach a solution. The strangeness has intensified in the last month.

Wouter

dans79 wrote:
13 Sep 2023, 18:44
Wouter wrote:
13 Sep 2023, 15:13
I said I agreed to that too! You can read it in my post from this morning 10:51 am.
As an aside time doesn't help finding a post unless the other person is in the same time zone as you. You might want to just give a link.
Yes, you are right about that. I never thought about that. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

EDIT: I can only give you an answer now Thursday 8:42 AM CET, because the site was unavailable from Wednesday +/- 2:00 PM CET.
The server in Amsterdam was not working.
You >>> Browser >>> Working ----- Amsterdam >>> Cloudflare >>> Working ------- www.f1atechnical.net >>> Host >>> Error
Last edited by Wouter on 14 Sep 2023, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Zynerji wrote:
13 Sep 2023, 01:17
CMSMJ1 wrote:
13 Sep 2023, 00:46
Zynerji wrote:
13 Sep 2023, 00:12
Mods were pretty one sided (and incorrect) with the COVID hysteria here as well.

When humans are involved, the petty tyrants will emerge. 🤷‍♂️
Now... Less of that! 😲

COVID is it's own massive pile of off topic. Leave the tin foil headgear with the Reddit lunatics.
Thanks for proving my point. 🙄
Happy to take some education via PM. I am not dogmatic and always happy to learn and amend my world view on key things :)

I have been a mod for a year? Not involved in anything Covid related other than calling out, on a personal basis, the random positions that some people have. However, not in here.

The main point being it is emotive, off topic and the kind of thing to leave at the door. You and I might have a view that cannot ever be reconciled and bashing one another in this place about that isn't really a good look is it?

We have had "toroidal earthers" on here so it is a broad church :o
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Zynerji

CMSMJ1 wrote:
14 Sep 2023, 08:51
Zynerji wrote:
CMSMJ1 wrote:
13 Sep 2023, 00:46

Now... Less of that! 😲

COVID is it's own massive pile of off topic. Leave the tin foil headgear with the Reddit lunatics.
Happy to take some education via PM. I am not dogmatic and always happy to learn and amend my world view on key things :)

I have been a mod for a year? Not involved in anything Covid related other than calling out, on a personal basis, the random positions that some people have. However, not in here.

The main point being it is emotive, off topic and the kind of thing to leave at the door. You and I might have a view that cannot ever be reconciled and bashing one another in this place about that isn't really a good look is it?

Whatever man. I could log out and lurk with an ad blocker and still get 100% of what I want from here. You keep doing you. 😎

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Zynerji wrote:
14 Sep 2023, 17:35
CMSMJ1 wrote:
14 Sep 2023, 08:51
Zynerji wrote:

Whatever man. I could log out and lurk with an ad blocker and still get 100% of what I want from here. You keep doing you. 😎
That makes no sense?

But yeah, lurk all you wish as then at least there'll be fewer reports 😎
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Sep 2023, 21:53
RZS10 wrote:
13 Sep 2023, 02:14
Hollus sent me this DM once and i feel entitled to - no, i DEMAND - answers !!!
https://i.imgur.com/KlmP7cj.png
This is disturbing.
Er, "missed point error". :wink: :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

catent
catent

I had a particularly bothersome interaction with a moderator several months ago re: an exchange in a team thread.

Similar to what others have expressed, I received a message stating my post was personal in nature, which I did not think was accurate. Additionally, I was troubled to find that personally charged messages from others participating in the conversation were not edited/removed.

My experience is very similar to what others have echoed in this thread.

It's both unfortunate, and somewhat comforting, that I am not the only one who has experienced seemingly inconsistent, unjust action(s) via a moderator.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

catent wrote:
28 Sep 2023, 10:30
I had a particularly bothersome interaction with a moderator several months ago re: an exchange in a team thread.

Similar to what others have expressed, I received a message stating my post was personal in nature, which I did not think was accurate. Additionally, I was troubled to find that personally charged messages from others participating in the conversation were not edited/removed.

My experience is very similar to what others have echoed in this thread.

It's both unfortunate, and somewhat comforting, that I am not the only one who has experienced seemingly inconsistent, unjust action(s) via a moderator.

You have 15 posts in total - which post?

Or did you have other accounts?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

hollus

Hi catent,

I am that particular moderator, no surprise I suppose.

The post stands in the thread with the classic <personal stuff removed> edit that I often do, in italics, I think of them as "mod italics", to differentiate from when posting as a member, then in plain text.

But you have the original messages: my PM and your reply to PM in the PM trail. So no need to guess, it is well documented (for you and me) what the removed text was. That reply by PM from you to me reads pretty much the opposite of it having felt "particularly bothersome".

I mean, I found the somewhat personal stuff at the end of the post unhelpful. I removed it, it is a mod's prerogative and duty.
Apparently I then had 3 options:
a) Say nothing, maybe get bashed for silent editing.
b) Send a warning, get bashed for being too strong. (Note, the comment was a million miles away from being warning worthy).
And, c) Send a PM with direction, hopefully prevent the next personal comment from appearing. Apparently I get bashed anyways.

I am sorry, but it gets tiresome to be put in lose-lose-lose situations and then get "selectively quoted".

Feel free to post the whole exchange, it is 95% your text anyways. Or to post my part only. I have nothing to hide from my one liner.
(note to mariners, this is not an invitation to start sharing PMs in general, the P remains meaning "private").
Rivals, not enemies.

chrisc90

Since we have the curse of disappearing posts again.....

Can someone enlighten me how it is possible for a team thread to be classed as technical? I mean unless its solely for discussing race pace in the team thread (which would probably be better suited to the actual GP thread) then how on earth can it be purely technical?

Team thread is for discussion the team and the team affairs....however seems it is wrong to point this out in such threads.

RB thread has 2-3 pages of discussing Perez vs Bottas, yet someone posts a photo of Checo with his newborn child and its removed without any valid reason given.

Odd even the sub-forum description describes the threads perfectly.
This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
The one-sidedness continues...

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Yikes, I find myself agreeing with chris90. =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

chrisc90

Just_a_fan wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 21:13
Yikes, I find myself agreeing with chris90. =D>
First for everything I guess. :lol: :lol:

Seems some need to re-familiarise themselves with the sub-forum description.

Stu

chrisc90 wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 20:50

Can someone enlighten me how it is possible for a team thread to be classed as technical? I mean unless its solely for discussing race pace in the team thread (which would probably be better suited to the actual GP thread) then how on earth can it be purely technical?

Team thread is for discussion the team and the team affairs....however seems it is wrong to point this out in such threads.

RB thread has 2-3 pages of discussing Perez vs Bottas, yet someone posts a photo of Checo with his newborn child and its removed without any valid reason given.

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
I deleted that post & multiple subsequent posts that expressed outrage at the newborn having an ear stud. The photo itself was not of Checo Perez and the baby, but of the mother & child.
Similar posts were removed last year that centred on Kelly Piquet, it soon descended into misogyny.

It seems that some cannot restrain themselves from the pile-on.

If anywhere the post only belonged in the “all sorts of news about F1” but even that is a push.

I’m not sure where you expect to see an explanation of why the post & the mass of negative posting about it to appear.

I would also consider that it is a stretch for the new member of the Perez family to be related to the Red Bull Racing Team.

The original poster has PM’d about it’s removal and received a similar response.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Wouter

Stu wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 21:58
chrisc90 wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 20:50

I deleted that post & multiple subsequent posts that expressed outrage at the newborn having an ear stud. The photo itself was not of Checo Perez and the baby, but of the mother & child.
Similar posts were removed last year that centred on Kelly Piquet, it soon descended into misogyny.

It seems that some cannot restrain themselves from the pile-on.

If anywhere the post only belonged in the “all sorts of news about F1” but even that is a push.

I’m not sure where you expect to see an explanation of why the post & the mass of negative posting about it to appear.

I would also consider that it is a stretch for the new member of the Perez family to be related to the Red Bull Racing Team.

The original poster has PM’d about it’s removal and received a similar response.
HUH? I was the one who posted the announcement of the birth of the Perez family their fourth child.
I send you yesterday evening (Friday) a PM and asked you if you were the one that removed it and so yes ... why?

I never got an answer back!

Do you want a screenshot from my Inbox?

Edit: Sunday morning: I am still waiting for your PM with an answer.
The Power of Dreams!