Wow, mods are one sided

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Stu

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Wouter wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 22:17
Stu wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 21:58
chrisc90 wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 20:50
Since we have the curse of disappearing posts again.....

Can someone enlighten me how it is possible for a team thread to be classed as technical? I mean unless its solely for discussing race pace in the team thread (which would probably be better suited to the actual GP thread) then how on earth can it be purely technical?

Team thread is for discussion the team and the team affairs....however seems it is wrong to point this out in such threads.

RB thread has 2-3 pages of discussing Perez vs Bottas, yet someone posts a photo of Checo with his newborn child and its removed without any valid reason given.

Odd even the sub-forum description describes the threads perfectly.

The one-sidedness continues...
I deleted that post & multiple subsequent posts that expressed outrage at the newborn having an ear stud. The photo itself was not of Checo Perez and the baby, but of the mother & child.
Similar posts were removed last year that centred on Kelly Piquet, it soon descended into misogyny.

It seems that some cannot restrain themselves from the pile-on.

If anywhere the post only belonged in the “all sorts of news about F1” but even that is a push.

I’m not sure where you expect to see an explanation of why the post & the mass of negative posting about it to appear.

I would also consider that it is a stretch for the new member of the Perez family to be related to the Red Bull Racing Team.

The original poster has PM’d about it’s removal and received a similar response.
HUH? I was the one who posted the announcement of the birth of the Perez family their fourth child.
I send you yesterday evening (Friday) a PM and asked you if you were the one that removed it and so yes ... why?

I never got an answer back!

Do you want a screenshot from my Inbox?

Edit: Sunday morning: I am still waiting for your PM with an answer.
@Wouter - for some reason it didn’t send (and is also not in my drafts), please accept my apologies for this.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Wouter

Stu wrote:
01 Oct 2023, 10:39
Wouter wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 22:17
Stu wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 21:58

I deleted that post & multiple subsequent posts that expressed outrage at the newborn having an ear stud. The photo itself was not of Checo Perez and the baby, but of the mother & child.
Similar posts were removed last year that centred on Kelly Piquet, it soon descended into misogyny.

It seems that some cannot restrain themselves from the pile-on.

If anywhere the post only belonged in the “all sorts of news about F1” but even that is a push.

I’m not sure where you expect to see an explanation of why the post & the mass of negative posting about it to appear.

I would also consider that it is a stretch for the new member of the Perez family to be related to the Red Bull Racing Team.

The original poster has PM’d about it’s removal and received a similar response.
HUH? I was the one who posted the announcement of the birth of the Perez family their fourth child.
I send you yesterday evening (Friday) a PM and asked you if you were the one that removed it and so yes ... why?

I never got an answer back!

Do you want a screenshot from my Inbox?

Edit: Sunday morning: I am still waiting for your PM with an answer.
@Wouter - for some reason it didn’t send (and is also not in my drafts), please accept my apologies for this.
Apologies accepted. I know you are always quick with an answer per PM.
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

Wow, seems at least one mod doesn't like hearing exactly how bias some people think he is.........
197 104 103 7

ValeVida46

dans79 wrote:
03 Nov 2023, 15:47
Wow, seems at least one mod doesn't like hearing exactly how bias some people think he is.........
Open discussion about moderator bias is not allowed (I got a warning for that post).

Of course that only applies to some posters and not others who have posted full conversations without sanction.
Thereby confirming bias. :lol:

hollus

Looks like neither constructive posts not full quotes are forthcoming, only sniping, so, as so many threads where no one is getting wiser, and everyone is getting angrier, locked.

Constructive criticism is welcome (new thread). Constructive, focused, calm and civil, please.
Rivals, not enemies.