2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

search wrote:
22 Nov 2023, 16:47
it can still make sense to register a social media handle in advance, I guess, to prevent others from blocking it. Names can be changed later on then.
Also to prevent impersonation / scams . Often companies will lock down / buy out similar handles to prevent people using them nefariously

organic

Franz Tost: Daniel’s great qualities are more on the technical side. I remember that Daniel made the step forward [instead of Vergne] because he was also working very hard on the technical side. How to set up the car. Daniel has a very good feeling for the car. He gives you really good feedback.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... fhY0f.html

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

organic

Awesome. Well deserved that he gets some time in an F1 car. Was surprised that he didn't get any FP1 sessions

Wouter

organic wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 10:29
Awesome. Well deserved that he gets some time in an F1 car. Was surprised that he didn't get any FP1 sessions
Me too!
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

organic

Apparently the team is bringing a major "joker" floor upgrade for this race "worth a few tenths" We knew an update was coming but the team now describe it as major.

Autosport now also states that the rb19 suspension from Singapore onwards, backing up the Formu1a.uno claims

Peter Bayer:
he hopes the team has a "little joker in the back pocket" to "chase down Williams", which the team is expecting to yield a few tenths.
the data we've seen from CFD and the wind tunnel is very promising and will help us to find more. It's all about balance, aerodynamic efficiency and rear downforce
Chief technical officer:
It's a floor and it's about learning for next year. It's more an R&D exercise than anything else

It was something that was on the plan for a long time, far before we had any view that we might well be fighting for a position in the last race of the year, so it's totally independent of that. It's an R&D exercise.

With the stable regulations, it's easy to carry things forward and the floor update in Abu Dhabi is part of that.

It gives you the opportunity to push a bit longer and learn more knowing that next year the regulations are stable."
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/why-a ... /10550160/

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

When they say "Joker" is means something like the RB19 rear suspension?:O

organic

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 13:58
When they say "Joker" is means something like the RB19 rear suspension?:O
They already have that according to both formu1a.uno and Autosport/Motorsport.com since Singapore

runningmanz
runningmanz

organic wrote:
22 Nov 2023, 20:55
Franz Tost: Daniel’s great qualities are more on the technical side. I remember that Daniel made the step forward [instead of Vergne] because he was also working very hard on the technical side. How to set up the car. Daniel has a very good feeling for the car. He gives you really good feedback.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... fhY0f.html
So much for those that used to say all he does is drive the car. Very interesting comments from Tost. Excited for last race and next season.

search

yeah, sounds promising. Also, as I mentioned before, Tost said that he was expecting a much bigger improvement from the upgrade before. So it doesn't seem like they had maximized it yet, despite those top 10 performances.

Any news about Tsunoda's engine situation, though? He sounded worried after the DNF in Vegas, so may face another penalty, I guess.

search

search wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 16:32
Any news about Tsunoda's engine situation, though? He sounded worried after the DNF in Vegas, so may face another penalty, I guess.
all good, according to Japanese media:

(gt) "Although he was forced to retire in the previous race at the Las Vegas Grand Prix due to power unit sensor trouble, this weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix uses used components that can be used with as much power as new, so the feared grid demotion penalty was avoided."

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/7be2d ... 6dc9f454a8

Wouter

search wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 20:55
search wrote:

(gt) "Although he was forced to retire in the previous race at the Las Vegas Grand Prix due to power unit sensor trouble, this weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix uses used components that can be used with as much power as new, so the feared grid demotion penalty was avoided."

Thanx for the good news @search and especially for the translation!👍

This is the translation I got from your link. :lol:

Notice
JAPAN will no longer be available from the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom as of Wednesday, April 6, 2022

As announced on February 1, 2022, Yahoo! JAPAN has determined that it will be difficult to provide a continuous service environment for customers in the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom, and therefore, with the exception of the services listed below under "Services that will remain available after April 6, 2022 (Wednesday)," Yahoo! Services will no longer be available from the EEA and the United Kingdom on and after April 6, 2022 (Wednesday).

All services will continue to be available to customers who use Yahoo!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please click here (external site) for more information on European Economic Area (EEA) member countries.

Services that will be available from your location after April 6, 2022 (Wednesday)
Yahoo! Mail
PayPay Card (formerly Yahoo! JAPAN Card)
ebookjapan

Mail will be limited in some functions. For details, please check the restricted functions of Yahoo! Mail in the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom.

If you have any problems, such as the following cases, please check the help section
This screen even though you are accessing from Japan
The Power of Dreams!

search

Wouter wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 21:13
search wrote:
search wrote:

Notice
JAPAN will no longer be available from the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom as of Wednesday, April 6, 2022
ah yeah, it needs a VPN. Here is the other part of the article, if you're interested.

(gt) "Ahead of the 2023 F1 final race, the Abu Dhabi GP, AlphaTauri's Yuki Tsunoda said that he believes it is possible to overcome the poor performance from the previous race, the Las Vegas GP.

The course layout in Las Vegas is extremely straight and the AlphaTauri machines had a tough time due to the high air resistance. However, in Abu Dhabi, AlphaTauri is expected to be able to make enough money in the slow corners of Sector 3, which is its specialty.

“I have good memories of finishing fourth in 2021, and looking at the past three years, I think Abu Dhabi is a good fit for AlphaTauri’s car. It's full of corners, and it's not a layout that's almost all straight like Las Vegas, and there are some undulations in the road surface. I don't think AlphaTauri is quite bad in that aspect."

In Las Vegas, we struggled to heat up the tires due to the low temperatures, but in Abu Dhabi, where it is warm, there is no such concern.

The team is competing with Williams for 7th place in the constructors' championship. It will not be easy to overturn a 7-point deficit in this race, but the team has introduced major updates to the machine and is not giving up on their bid to turn the tables.

“I think it would be difficult in theory because we would have to finish in 6th or 7th to make a comeback (8 points for 6th place, 6 points for 7th place, 4 points for 8th place).But I don't think it's impossible. We have the upgrades we brought this time, so if we can perform like we did in Mexico and Brazil, I think it's possible. We don't know what will happen, and I don't think it's impossible."

Sounds like he doesn't believe Ricciardo will be able to score (m)any points? :P

Wouter

search wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 21:24
Wouter wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 21:13
search wrote:

Notice
ah yeah, it needs a VPN. Here is the other part of the article, if you're interested.

(gt) "Ahead of the 2023 F1 final race, the Abu Dhabi GP, AlphaTauri's Yuki Tsunoda said that he believes it is possible to overcome the poor performance from the previous race, the Las Vegas GP.

-------------------------

Sounds like he doesn't believe Ricciardo will be able to score (m)any points? :P
Yes, I am always interested! Thank you for the other part of the article.👍
The Power of Dreams!