2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TFSA

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Rikhart wrote:
03 Dec 2023, 11:48
There is the "small" negative you pointed out, that I think gifted like 6 months of catch-up to the others. Do you have any idea of what that means?

It blows all the rest out of the water.
No it didn't. People put way too much emphasis on that.

Half - if not more - of the performance of the floor lies in the suspension rather than Red Bulls (only somewhat intriguing) floor design, and the suspension can't be copied from photos alone, since it's much more about the inner workings. Seeing Red Bulls floor doesn't have anywhere near the impact that some people think it has.

In addition, there are other photos of the Red Bull floor than the ones taken at Monaco. I think people underestimate how much teams deploy spy photographers. It's generally a hard thing to keep hidden. Just because we, the public, doesn't get to see the floor most of the time, doesn't mean the other teams doesn't.

FW17

Alonso wants to team up with me for Le Mans attempt – declares Max Verstappen at annual Honda Thanks Day celebration event at Motegi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

“Been Talking to Fernando Alonso”

https://www.racefans.net/2023/12/03/alo ... erstappen/
Last edited by FW17 on 03 Dec 2023, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Hulkenberg can be the third driver for Le Mans.

FW17

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Dec 2023, 18:20
No way.

Max is already calculating weight of drivers

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

FW17 wrote:
03 Dec 2023, 18:21
AR3-GP wrote:
03 Dec 2023, 18:20
No way.

Max is already calculating weight of drivers
The drivers don't have to sit in the car at the same time, so I don't understand Verstappen's point here. Having drivers of similar shape/height is better because the cockpit (steering wheel positon, seat position, pedal position) can therefore be common between the drivers. With drivers of different heights, you will need seat inserts that make the driver changes slower and potentially leave one of the drivers not so comfortable with the pedal position, steering position during his stint (which is not good for long stints of driving).

Hulkenberg won the race already so experience and sensibility in traffic is already a strength of his. The problem is the lengthy F1 calendar destroying any chance of this happening before they've all retired.

Wouter

FW17 wrote:
03 Dec 2023, 18:19
Alonso wants to team up with me for Le Mans attempt – declares Max Verstappen at annual Honda Thanks Day
celebration event at Motegi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A serious question. What do you find so funny about it?
The Power of Dreams!

FW17

Wouter wrote:
03 Dec 2023, 19:10
FW17 wrote:
03 Dec 2023, 18:19
Alonso wants to team up with me for Le Mans attempt – declares Max Verstappen at annual Honda Thanks Day
celebration event at Motegi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A serious question. What do you find so funny about it?
You can expect only Max to talk about Fernando at a Honda event

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

organic

Checo still hasn't given up on title hopes..

"That’s the main target for me, [the 2024 title]. I’ve already finished second, my main interest is to do one better."

"I’m aware of the challenge that it is."

"We’ve got to really take this winter time to try to start the season on a high and be able to maintain that level of consistency throughout the season."

TFSA

organic wrote:
06 Dec 2023, 12:33

"That’s the main target for me, [the 2024 title]. I’ve already finished second, my main interest is to do one better."

"We’ve got to really take this winter time to try to start the season on a high and be able to maintain that level of consistency throughout the season."
And that is, once again, gonna be his undoing, same way it was with Albon. Trying to catch someone who is much faster than you simply results in stupid mistakes spiralling out of control.

If you look back at Checos 2023 season, it's in many ways very similar to Albons 2020 season - only difference is that Albon was newer in F1, and had more room for improvement, which he is attaining. Checo doesn't really have room to improve experience-wise, only mentality wise - and right now, he's setting himself up for a mentality-failure again. 🙄

Rikhart
Rikhart

organic wrote:
06 Dec 2023, 12:33

Doesn't come across as a smart man.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Every driver's goal is to win the title by driving as well as possible. It may turn out that his best is not enough, but striving to deliver that is not unreasonable.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 01:04
Every driver's goal is to win the title by driving as well as possible. It may turn out that his best is not enough, but striving to deliver that is not unreasonable.
But does it not just place unreasonable levels of pressure upon himself? Which appears to be one of the largest reasons why he ends up underperforming..

When pressure has been greatest on him he's faltered

Wouter

Max came back from Japan on Monday. He attended the Honda Racing Thank Day.
Yesterday [Wednesday] he attended the Heineken 0.0 simracing finals in Amsterdam.
Tonight it is time to fly to Baku for the FIA Prize-Giving Gala.

Heineken®’s Global Player 0.0 thrilling finale

The Heineken Player 0.0 campaign, is an exciting gaming initiative that Heineken® and Verstappen developed,
to create a new virtual racing experience for fans culminated in winning gamers getting to race against Max himself.

The Player 0.0 initiative is part of Heineken’s global responsible consumption platform, When You Drive, Never Drink,
which was conceived to champion responsible consumption, expanding to new audiences in the world of virtual racing.

The global showdown featured fierce competitors; being the local winners from tournaments held in Canada, Brazil, Mexico,
and the Netherlands, all culminating in a tense finale against Verstappen.

Video's from Red Bull Sim Racing.

https://tinyurl.com/yfh7mtrr

https://tinyurl.com/yvav3xsd

https://tinyurl.com/33nvjtrh

The Power of Dreams!