2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
basti313
basti313

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

TFSA wrote: ↑
11 Dec 2023, 19:42
CHT wrote: ↑
11 Dec 2023, 16:57
RB20 on simulator seem promising. likely a step up in terms of performance again

Considering the advantages they already have with rb19 I am just wondering if RBR may choose not to show their full potential for RB20 at the start of 2024 and bring in upgrades later in the season..
Well, of course it's expected to be a step up in performance - and i still expect them to win next Season unless one of the other teams comes out with a rocket ship.

I just don't think they'll easily solve their three main weaknesses (tire warmup in qualifying, slow speed corners and aerodynamic performance on bumpy tracks) πŸ™‚
I think there is a big obstacle which may affect them strongly:
- If they start tackling these weaknesses, where do they learn the downside? There is certainly a point where also their floor starts to produce problems.
- If they now design in chassis and suspension development basically just on the CAD...where do they get the correlation from? I mean they must have separated from the current design to a degree where it might be a dog once it hits the track.

I think there is the risk of bringing a huge step after doing not much, just a bit of tweaking in the last two years...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Sieper

But isn’t it the case that to be efficient, you can’t be good in slow corners? I mean, the Ferrari in qualy is just beautiful, to see it twist, confirm and hang in those corners, wow. But it isn’t stiff enough to run it low enough to be efficient in the long run, have your platform give the downforce without all that drag, loosing out on the long run.

I mean, it can to a limit be improved, but aren’t these mutually exclusive, a trade off?

Wouter

RB20 on simulator seem promising. likely a step up in terms of performance again

Considering the advantages they already have with rb19 I am just wondering if RBR may choose not to show their full potential for RB20 at the start of 2024 and bring in upgrades later in the season..
Well, of course it's expected to be a step up in performance - and i still expect them to win next Season
unless one of the other teams comes out with a rocket ship.

I just don't think they'll easily solve their three main weaknesses (tire warmup in qualifying,
slow speed corners and aerodynamic performance on bumpy tracks) πŸ™‚
I don't think they'll easily solve their three main weaknesses (tire warmup in qualifying,
slow speed corners and aerodynamic performance on bumpy tracks) but they will solve them! :wink:
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Oracle Red Bull Racing 11 dec 2023 #GivesYouWings​​​ #F1​​​

21 wins out of 22 races, winning the 2023 F1 Drivers' World Championship with Max Verstappen and clinching the Constructors' Championship for Oracle Red Bull Racing. The RB19 is one heck of a machine, and we obviously had to pay tribute to one of the most successful Formula 1 cars of all time. David Coulthard, the driver of the first-ever Red Bull Racing car, the RB1, was allowed to get behind the wheel for a few laps around Silverstone.
The Power of Dreams!

CHT
CHT

Well, of course it's expected to be a step up in performance - and i still expect them to win next Season unless one of the other teams comes out with a rocket ship.

I just don't think they'll easily solve their three main weaknesses (tire warmup in qualifying, slow speed corners and aerodynamic performance on bumpy tracks) πŸ™‚
I think the fact that RBR is openly talking about its weakness, it is very likely they have already found a solution around it.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Interesting. How was RB allowed to run a 2023 F1 car with Coulthard? I would have assumed they exhausted all of their "filming" days doing legitimate work :lol:

So RB didn't actually bother to use all of their filming days during the season? That is ominous...
Last edited by AR3-GP on 11 Dec 2023, 23:02, edited 3 times in total.

organic

AR3-GP wrote: ↑
11 Dec 2023, 23:00
Interesting. How was RB allowed to run a 2023 F1 car with Coulthard? I would have assumed they exhausted all of their "filming" days doing legitimate work :lol:
I don't think they used many filming days mid-season, if any. There was a notable absence of them

Wouter

organic wrote: ↑
11 Dec 2023, 23:01
I don't think they used many filming days mid-season, if any. There was a notable absence of them
They did use their two filming days but on this day there were only a few laps and every team is allowed to do that once a year.
I don't remember the name of it but only a few laps are allowed.
The Power of Dreams!

lio007

Wouter wrote: ↑
11 Dec 2023, 23:35
They did use their two filming days but on this day there were only a few laps and every team is allowed to do that once a year.
IIRC Ferrari did the same thing at the beginning of preseason.

Wouter

lio007 wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2023, 07:33
Wouter wrote: ↑
11 Dec 2023, 23:35
IIRC Ferrari did the same thing at the beginning of preseason.
Yes, they did. I don't remember when it was.

Edit: I found it and also the name of it.
Feb 15. Ferrari run SF-23 in 'demonstration event'

Teams also have the ability to run a 'Demonstration Event' for current-year cars, though these must not exceed 15km.

Both Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz completed five laps around the 2.997km Maranello test track with the laps being split
between the pair, as Leclerc completed two and Sainz three to ensure they stayed below the maximum amount.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Image𝐎𝐍 π“π‡πˆπ’ πƒπ€π˜ 𝐈𝐍 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 Max Verstappen won his first @f1 World Championship, still goosebumps.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Today is the Wings For Life Charity Event in Milton Keynes. The boys have arrived this morning CET.

http://tinyurl.com/4j74nneu

http://tinyurl.com/329kw54r

http://tinyurl.com/yc528zd4
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Wouter

One last time in 2023... πŸ’ͺ Max, Checo, Christian and the whole Team on Campus in Milton Keynes 😎
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Some quotes from a long German interview from Max at Blick [Schweiz]
Your companion Helmut Marko told Blick that you would start your own GT team immediately after your resignation?

Yes, that is my goal. I don't necessarily want to drive myself, but I want to build something big and give the talented people a chance. That doesn't mean that I want to bring them into Formula 1, but I want to help them in racing. There are so many series in motorsport in which you can have fun and be successful. And as a professional racing driver you can make a living from it too. Not just in Formula 1.

What kind of team boss would Max Verstappen be? Have you learned enough from Franz Tost, Christian Horner and Helmut Marko?

Yes. I would be a no-bullshit boss for sure. Maybe a bit old-fashioned because it's all related to performance and not how connected you are to social networks. I just want to win because that stops all the talk around it. And that is the most important thing for me.

The Tyrolean Franz Tost, your first boss at Toro Rosso, quit at the age of 67. What memories do you have there?

I only had good times with him. Franz came from the old school, which was only interested in performance - and not in the show and these things that distract from racing. He was always in close contact with the engineers and made it clear to them when the performance was not right. He was never a team boss who wanted to make a name for himself and sought the spotlight. And Franz was always honest and talked about everything openly - you always knew where you stood. This is how it has to be in all of life.
The Power of Dreams!