2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I guess now we know why Horner went quiet about the rule changes for 2023 after initially being annoyed about it iirc. Just like he was about the W13 at Bahrain test, even going so far as to call it illegal, until he'd talked to the team and suddenly he wasn't too bothered anymore...

No need to make a fuss about something that will benefit you. Maybe teams should make note when Horner is quiet about something atp :D

Wouter

Wouter wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 15:32
Today Dec 13 is the Wings For Life Charity Event in Milton Keynes. The boys have arrived this morning CET.

Christian Horner named in New Year's Honours List by King Charles III

It’s not the first time Horner has been included in such a list. Back in 2013, Horner was awarded an OBE [Officer of the British Empire] in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list. This was during Red Bull’s first period of dominance, with Sebastian Vettel winning four consecutive World titles.

Horner has now moved up to CBE for his services to motorsport. “It was an unexpected distinction a decade ago to be presented
with an OBE, and to receive this second award, a CBE, is one for which I am hugely grateful and deeply honoured,”
CEO Horner reacted to the news.

“It is a great privilege to lead and work alongside such a phenomenal team as Oracle Red Bull Racing and also to work in an industry that contributes so much to the UK economy.
I am enormously proud of what we have achieved with Red Bull in Formula 1 and in the wider high technology arena.
I am hugely honoured to be recognised for that effort.”
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Well done Christian on getting the CBE. 19years as Team Principal for Red Bull and the achievements they have accomplished is somewhat special.

ME4ME

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/red- ... y-secrets/
“Yes, that’s just the way we’ve developed the car. We’ve tried to prioritise race performance more than qualifying," Newey says.

"We made that decision back in ’21 when we were designing the car, to try to prioritise the race performance over one-lap performance.

"It was a deliberate choice and we felt that if the overtaking was going to become easier then that presumably meant qualifying performance would be slightly lower priority than in the past and it seems to have worked out.”
With overtaking again being a struggle and Perez a clear example of what happens when you consistently qualify behind your "natural" position, you'd wonder if Red Bull adjust the car more to qualifying in 2024. Not from one extreme to the other but lets say a slight adjustment.

chrisc90

Nah, I cant see that. Its for Perez to up his game driving wise. RB know what the car is capable of with Max behind the wheel, so a design change to suit a much slower driver wont ever happen.

mendis
mendis

ME4ME wrote:
30 Dec 2023, 13:37
https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/red- ... y-secrets/
“Yes, that’s just the way we’ve developed the car. We’ve tried to prioritise race performance more than qualifying," Newey says.

"We made that decision back in ’21 when we were designing the car, to try to prioritise the race performance over one-lap performance.

"It was a deliberate choice and we felt that if the overtaking was going to become easier then that presumably meant qualifying performance would be slightly lower priority than in the past and it seems to have worked out.”
With overtaking again being a struggle and Perez a clear example of what happens when you consistently qualify behind your "natural" position, you'd wonder if Red Bull adjust the car more to qualifying in 2024. Not from one extreme to the other but lets say a slight adjustment.
Perez is a poor racer, like Bottas was in Mercedes. While his team mate goes round in circles around the 19 cars, Perez struggles to make one decent move and gets mugged by better drivers, like it happened in Brazil and Vegas. Nothing wrong with the cars, just poor driver can't make it work. I don't see a reason for changing the current performance bias.