2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

AMG.Tzan wrote:
12 Aug 2023, 15:14

I agree!

I believe Aprilia’s next move should be to try and poach one of Marc or Fabio…or even both of them if they can! If they manage to do so then I think this is the last piece of the puzzle for them to mount a championship attack! Vinales and Esparagaro are fast but not consistent or aggressive enough to battle Bagnaia throughout the season!

Both KTM and Aprilia have a lot of development potential and KTM too needs more consistent riders! Both Binder and Miller are quite fast riders but they too seem to lack consistency! Binder also being unable for once to start up front and battle! He always starts behind and has to pass half the field before being anywhere near Bagnaia…

On a side note! What’s going on with Bastianini? Even he himself admitted to being 100% in terms of fitness! What a shame he was looking so fast last year, I always thought he would bleach Bagnaia on the same spec Ducati but guess what…! If doesn’t get any better I don’t see him staying at Ducati past 2024… :oops:
If Quartararo didn't see the light for Yamaha at upcoming test, he will seek another seat and that can be Aprilla. I don't see any place at KTM since they don't have a seat for even AC.

I completely agree about ktm case with you. If they have a rider combined binder and miller who will start from front, had good starts and race pace of binder, I am sure they were fighting for WDC now, not next season or sometime in the future but right now.

These kind of things happens at ducati too much. A riders shines at satellite team and come to factory one, then he is nowhere. In this time Bastianini had an injury, so his situation is a little bit different. But he has issues with the bike, he says he didn't like it, it feels like a chopper rather than a racing bike.

Cuky

Zarco will leave Prima Pramac Ducati at the end of the season and will join LCR Honda to replace Rins
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... /10509572/

AMG.Tzan

If Marquez doesn't go to Gresini in 2024 that would be a huge mistake I think!

Another year out of the Top 10, unable to get any victories will just reduce his chances of getting a proper ride for 2025 and beyond! What if Acosta is a huge talent like Marquez himself and then KTM doesn't want Marquez anymore?? So just hop onto that Gresini GP23, take a few podiums or wins wherever possible and see if you can secure a GP25 for 2025!

Also I don't get the argument "Honda needs to get good engineers in the team for Marc to stay"! Even if Gigi was to come to Honda it would take him 3-4 years before making a properly fast bike just to challenge the top let alone beat them! So this argument doesn't even make sense for Marquez since he's in his 30s already...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

Ktm? That worst ever honda I watched beat binder when their traction advantage reduced and quite close to ducati.
We saw that 2024 chassis is better at qualifying, with new engine, IF they can get better traction, say, traction difference like we saw this sprint, they are good. And IF what I assumed happened in that year or the next year they can fight for wins and this can be with Joan Mir.
What I mean is; main issue is traction and maybe it is depended only one or two change which can be end up sudden jump. When traction is there everything is there

AMG.Tzan

etusch wrote:
23 Sep 2023, 18:39
Ktm? That worst ever honda I watched beat binder when their traction advantage reduced and quite close to ducati.
We saw that 2024 chassis is better at qualifying, with new engine, IF they can get better traction, say, traction difference like we saw this sprint, they are good. And IF what I assumed happened in that year or the next year they can fight for wins and this can be with Joan Mir.
What I mean is; main issue is traction and maybe it is depended only one or two change which can be end up sudden jump. When traction is there everything is there
The thing though is that this happened only once in the year! They haven’t solved anything suddenly in the space of two weeks! It was a track specific performance that gave Honda the hope that their bike suddenly works (just like with Mercedes at Brazil 22 somewhat)!

Things will get back to normal at Motegi I believe! Maybe at Phillip Island Marc will have another great race! But my point still remains! Get out of Honda as soon as possible! Try your luck on a Ducati just to see for yourself what’s possible there! You’ve achieved everything onboard a Honda there’s nothing left to prove on it…

At the end of the day all the big names (except Doohan for some reason) changed teams at some point in their careers! Why not Marc?
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

Everyone know they didnt solve the issue but çıta and this track shows when traction issue is not there they are fast. Off course they need to improve everywhere too.
I also want mm leave Honda. Mir is good enough when they have a good bike. If they dont have good bike name is not important as we are seeing

Andres125sx

What an interesting season ending ahead!

Martinator looks extremelly strong

Cuky

Marc Marquez and Honda have agreed to end their partnership a year early and Marc will be leaving the team at the end of 2023
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2023/10/ ... ent/479550

Sevach
Sevach

That's a "Hamilton breaks his Mercedes contract and signs with Williams", level shocker.
Not too long ago this looked like an invincible duo, now he's ditching Honda for a satelite team.

Curious to see what level Marc can reach after the many injuries.

Andres125sx

Sevach wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 01:45
That's a "Hamilton breaks his Mercedes contract and signs with Williams", level shocker.
Not too long ago this looked like an invincible duo, now he's ditching Honda for a satelite team.

Not so long ago? Invincible duo? It´s 4 years since his last title, 2 since last victory. And it does not look promising in the near future exactly :roll:

The level he can reach is obvious when you look at Honda results at any GP, he´s still the fastest rider, with a huge margin with next

I think he can win the title with almost any other bike

Juzh

Andres125sx wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 08:15
Sevach wrote:

Not so long ago? Invincible duo? It´s 4 years since his last title, 2 since last victory. And it does not look promising in the near future exactly :roll:

The level he can reach is obvious when you look at Honda results at any GP, he´s still the fastest rider, with a huge margin with next

I think he can win the title with almost any other bike
Title with gresini will be a challenge, but at this stage literally any ducati is at worst just a sideways step.

ali623
ali623

Sevach wrote:

More like Hamilton breaks his Mercedes' contract and signs with Alpha Tauri, but the AT is a Red Bull clone.

Cuky

Sevach wrote:

I don't agree tbh. Honda is deep in the hole at the moment and he doesn't have too long until he decides to hang his helmet for good. So why waste his last 5-10 years waiting for Honda to get their act together?

Also, this smells to me like Honda is preparing to leave MotoGP in near future. They aren't doing good, they are letting their star rider easily and there aren't really any talks about some big name joining them.

CHT
CHT

ali623 wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 10:46
Sevach wrote:

More like Hamilton breaks his Mercedes' contract and signs with Alpha Tauri, but the AT is a Red Bull clone.
Yes, instead of clinging on to the hope that Honda would turn around, he decided to take a big pay cut to join a smaller team. This takes some guts and I don't think Lewis is willing to make such a move and I believe money is still a big motivation for him

Farnborough
Farnborough

Better than a clone, it's the previous years championship winning bike, completely developed, debugged and ready to go :D

Marquez effectively has less time than Honda in longevity as his career will of course finish at some point.

I feared he would be completely out from injury at some points during the last few years. It'll be interesting to see what he can do on a different bike I feel.

He seems to be more pragmatic about chasing ultimate performance if it's not truly in the bike he's riding at each race now, rather than rag it till it crashes as before.

Looking forward to seeing how it plays out next season.