2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Cuky wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 11:07
Sevach wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 01:45
That's a "Hamilton breaks his Mercedes contract and signs with Williams", level shocker.
Not too long ago this looked like an invincible duo, now he's ditching Honda for a satelite team.

Curious to see what level Marc can reach after the many injuries.
I don't agree tbh. Honda is deep in the hole at the moment and he doesn't have too long until he decides to hang his helmet for good. So why waste his last 5-10 years waiting for Honda to get their act together?

Also, this smells to me like Honda is preparing to leave MotoGP in near future. They aren't doing good, they are letting their star rider easily and there aren't really any talks about some big name joining them.
Honda reconstructure racing departmant and will be more stable even in formula 1.
I dont think it will take that long because main issue in in one side.
Big name? Maybe they will built a new big name

AMG.Tzan

CHT wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 14:50
ali623 wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 10:46
Sevach wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 01:45
That's a "Hamilton breaks his Mercedes contract and signs with Williams", level shocker.
Not too long ago this looked like an invincible duo, now he's ditching Honda for a satelite team.

Curious to see what level Marc can reach after the many injuries.
More like Hamilton breaks his Mercedes' contract and signs with Alpha Tauri, but the AT is a Red Bull clone.
Yes, instead of clinging on to the hope that Honda would turn around, he decided to take a big pay cut to join a smaller team. This takes some guts and I don't think Lewis is willing to make such a move and I believe money is still a big motivation for him
What has Lewis and F1 in general got to do with Marc leaving Honda to join a 1-year old Ducati?? Can't compare these two championships since there aren't satellite teams in F1 using the same cars as the factory!

On our topic though, I was praying that Marc leaves Honda to join Gresini (I was hoping for a move to Pramac but Pramac wanted a 2-year deal) since Honda isn't going to get out of this deep hole any time soon!

Other than that as a hardcore fan of Marc I always wanted to see Marc on a different bike just for the challenge it would bring, specially a Ducati! He has achieved everything on a Honda and he has nothing more to prove on it! After all, all the greats (apart from Doohan) changed manufacturers at some point in their careers! Also Marc winning races (let alone a championship) on a year-old satellite machine will be way bigger of an achievement than Rossi's championship on a factory spec Nastro Azzurro Honda in 2001 since Gresini isn't factory spec!

The big question is how much better the 2024 GP24 Ducati will be and how much of an improvement the KTMs and Aprilias will be in 2024! If the improvement of these 3 bikes isn't huge then Marc would at least have the opportunity to fight for podiums or wins at some races whereas now he has to take a lot of risks just to finish in the Top 5! Something like Bezzechi this year or Bastianini last year...

I really hope this deal with Gresini ends up being the right choice and by 2025 he can join Binder in the KTM seat and mount a championship attack again before retiring some time in the near future...! When this guy retires, MotoGP will be way less competitive and low level unless Acosta proves to be the new Marquez...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Andres125sx

AMG.Tzan wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 14:57
CHT wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 14:50
ali623 wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 10:46

More like Hamilton breaks his Mercedes' contract and signs with Alpha Tauri, but the AT is a Red Bull clone.
Yes, instead of clinging on to the hope that Honda would turn around, he decided to take a big pay cut to join a smaller team. This takes some guts and I don't think Lewis is willing to make such a move and I believe money is still a big motivation for him
What has Lewis and F1 in general got to do with Marc leaving Honda to join a 1-year old Ducati?? Can't compare these two championships since there aren't satellite teams in F1 using the same cars as the factory!

On our topic though, I was praying that Marc leaves Honda to join Gresini (I was hoping for a move to Pramac but Pramac wanted a 2-year deal) since Honda isn't going to get out of this deep hole any time soon!

Other than that as a hardcore fan of Marc I always wanted to see Marc on a different bike just for the challenge it would bring, specially a Ducati! He has achieved everything on a Honda and he has nothing more to prove on it! After all, all the greats (apart from Doohan) changed manufacturers at some point in their careers! Also Marc winning races (let alone a championship) on a year-old satellite machine will be way bigger of an achievement than Rossi's championship on a factory spec Nastro Azzurro Honda in 2001 since Gresini isn't factory spec!

The big question is how much better the 2024 GP24 Ducati will be and how much of an improvement the KTMs and Aprilias will be in 2024! If the improvement of these 3 bikes isn't huge then Marc would at least have the opportunity to fight for podiums or wins at some races whereas now he has to take a lot of risks just to finish in the Top 5! Something like Bezzechi this year or Bastianini last year...

I really hope this deal with Gresini ends up being the right choice and by 2025 he can join Binder in the KTM seat and mount a championship attack again before retiring some time in the near future...! When this guy retires, MotoGP will be way less competitive and low level unless Acosta proves to be the new Marquez...
+1

I can´t stop thinking Marquez is still the better rider out there, from time to time I wonder if I´m over-optimistic, but then I look at Honda results and once I notice any other Honda is constantly 5-10 postions back Marquez, I return to my posibly over-optimistic idea, Marc is still the goat :mrgreen:

Next season we´ll find out tough, but I still can´t stop thinking he will fight for the title with any decent bike, wich currently means any non japaneese bike #-o

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

xaero
xaero

Andres125sx wrote:
13 Oct 2023, 08:08
I can´t stop thinking Marquez is still the better rider out there, from time to time I wonder if I´m over-optimistic, but then I look at Honda results and once I notice any other Honda is constantly 5-10 postions back Marquez, I return to my posibly over-optimistic idea, Marc is still the goat :mrgreen:

Next season we´ll find out tough, but I still can´t stop thinking he will fight for the title with any decent bike, wich currently means any non japaneese bike #-o
Undisputed GOAT talent wise so, he should fight for title next year.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

F1NAC

Wouter wrote:
13 Oct 2023, 09:32
Link is geo blocked

Wouter

F1NAC wrote:
16 Oct 2023, 12:47
Wouter wrote:
13 Oct 2023, 09:32
Link is geo blocked
Oh, that's too bad. I can't find an interview by Marc about Gresini anywhere else at the moment.

Edit: three days ago:

The Power of Dreams!

Andres125sx

Longer interview here about the switch to Gresini, with Peco and Martin reactions to the move

Wouter

Andres125sx wrote:
17 Oct 2023, 08:29
Longer interview here about the switch to Gresini, with Peco and Martin reactions to the move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42kA5hPfBQ
"Video is not available".
The Power of Dreams!

Andres125sx

Wouter wrote:
17 Oct 2023, 09:21
Andres125sx wrote:
17 Oct 2023, 08:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42kA5hPfBQ
"Video is not available".
I can watch it, don´t even need to go to youtube. Maybe it´s geo-locked? :?:

Andres125sx

What a disaster from Michelin, the title fight decided by a poor tire wich ruins the chances of one of the contenders #-o

AMG.Tzan

Andres125sx wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 08:39
What a disaster from Michelin, the title fight decided by a poor tire wich ruins the chances of one of the contenders #-o
What was wrong with Martin's tire though?? Any guesses??
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Robbo
Robbo

Remember his poor start. Possibly the tyre turned on the rim.

Andres125sx

Robbo wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 21:55
Remember his poor start. Possibly the tyre turned on the rim.
The other way around, it was a dud tire wich cause the spin at the start, and very little grip during the race. Martin said it was almost like riding on the wet, he couldn´t turn.

Also, this problem caused a front tire problem too, as you know front tire pressure is key this season, leaders go higher pressure, riders on the pack must start with lower pressure as dirty air increases tire pressure, so he was expecting riding on the top with clean air, but the rear tire problem put him on the pack, so his front tire pressure went too high, reducing grip

stephen

With only one race to go in the season, will we see Jorge Martín overtakes Francesco Bagnaia in the Riders Championship? Martin is currently 21 points behind Bagnaia.
Stephen Marengo
My F1 favorites: Community | Team | Driver