2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Farnborough
Farnborough

Re: 2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Andres125sx wrote:
21 Nov 2023, 09:22
Robbo wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 21:55
Remember his poor start. Possibly the tyre turned on the rim.
The other way around, it was a dud tire wich cause the spin at the start, and very little grip during the race. Martin said it was almost like riding on the wet, he couldn´t turn.

Also, this problem caused a front tire problem too, as you know front tire pressure is key this season, leaders go higher pressure, riders on the pack must start with lower pressure as dirty air increases tire pressure, so he was expecting riding on the top with clean air, but the rear tire problem put him on the pack, so his front tire pressure went too high, reducing grip
So far Michelin report no technical issue with tyre from rear, production, storage, implementation. Investigation is continuing with team data to assess for anything else that may indicate either way if something happened.

Looks like an aggressive start torque map when you see it and how that happened. Likely as he started mid pack and with the urgency to fire it off the start to try and gain as much as possible.

MM described the aggressive first part of race usage too, in that pushing the tyre so hard initially led to being problematic through later stages of race.

This is similar to bringing the tyres in slower in F1 to preserve peak performance later intomwear cycle. They are all into tyre management mid race to give some protection at race end.

Looks like Martin will need Bagnia to have some problem to grab the title in the single race that's left.

Andres125sx

Farnborough wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 00:37
Andres125sx wrote:
21 Nov 2023, 09:22
Robbo wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 21:55
Remember his poor start. Possibly the tyre turned on the rim.
The other way around, it was a dud tire wich cause the spin at the start, and very little grip during the race. Martin said it was almost like riding on the wet, he couldn´t turn.

Also, this problem caused a front tire problem too, as you know front tire pressure is key this season, leaders go higher pressure, riders on the pack must start with lower pressure as dirty air increases tire pressure, so he was expecting riding on the top with clean air, but the rear tire problem put him on the pack, so his front tire pressure went too high, reducing grip
So far Michelin report no technical issue with tyre from rear, production, storage, implementation. Investigation is continuing with team data to assess for anything else that may indicate either way if something happened.

Michelin only said the manufacturing process was ok, but that means nothing actually, every manufacturing process causes some defective unit randomly.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... /10550946/

They should analyse that unit, not the manufacturing process

Anycase, I´m not expecting Michelin saying one of his tires was dud and leant the title fight, it should be some obvious and undebatable mistake from his side to reckon that, and that will never happen

Peco also said he received a defective unit at the sprint, wich obviously is not as harmful as receiving a defective unit at the long race, but if both title contenders are complaining about the same, dud tires, there must be something, even if Michelin will never reckon

Congratulations to Bagnaia anycase, it was a fun season =D> =D>

etusch

It is very interesting that at both championship of Bagnaia crashes have an affect on his rivals they made with MM.

It would be great race if JMartin could handle the situation better. But this was first time he was championship contender. I think he will be far stronger next season. In all condition he deserve a thanks because he made season exciting. He really fighted for it but made mistakes. I would like to see him as winner instead of Bagnaia. In fact I would prefer Bezzechi but unfortunately he could not be good in all races.
This season ducati bikes were very good compared to others. Factory bike was better then one year old bike but not that much. But their one year old bike also quite better then all other bikes. So I can say that other manufacturer stayed where they were last season or stepped backward, except KTM. KTM made second best bike. I think their weakest point was their riders. Maybe Acosta will make this more visible.

AMG.Tzan

It only took 7 laps… 😉😉
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Cuky

seeing Marc so happy in the pits after first few laps on a Ducati has me worried about next season.

I am not a fan of his, but if Yamaha is in no position to win next year then I'd rather have it be Gresini or VR46 or even Pramac than factory Ducati.

xaero
xaero

AMG.Tzan wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 12:30
It only took 7 laps… 😉😉
Where to watch .. Don't have videopass and no live broadcast for my region #-o ..... I assume Marc is doing well and hence this post [-o<
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

AMG.Tzan

xaero wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 13:00
AMG.Tzan wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 12:30
It only took 7 laps… 😉😉
Where to watch .. Don't have videopass and no live broadcast for my region #-o ..... I assume Marc is doing well and hence this post [-o<
He just went fastest 😉

Videopass was like 10€ for Black Friday! Testing was the only reason I picked it up…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

CHT
CHT

Exciting time ahead for 2024

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

CHT wrote:
24 Jan 2024, 09:42
Exciting time ahead for 2024

I reckon MM93 could well win it.