2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Elite
Elite

Re: 2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Well next year we will see. Personally I am very excited for February to see what they have produced. First car that will be made under the technical leadership of Allison - lets see if he’s brought everything back together [-o< !!

chrisc90

What's the rumours Toto could be selling up his share?

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

chrisc90 wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 20:06
What's the rumours Toto could be selling up his share?
Just rumours, Craig Slater used Wolfe, Stroll and Dorilton as examples of owners within F1 who made small initial investments and posited that the sport is at a peak value wise. So they may wish to sell off that investment for a large return.

maygun
maygun

zeroday wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 10:23
maygun wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 08:31
Imagine you are working overtime, trying to do your best as an engineer, and your boss says whatever you are producing is --- in front of millions. Not sure if I would like to work for such a boss or have any commitment to that team.
I dunno about that. I guess it depends on the engineer. Seeing your "hard work" on track perform like s--t tells me i did not do my job well enough. Too many vacations and family leaves (ie. not taking my job seriously) on my part. Or i had a bad leader directing me.

If I as an engineer get upset by the these clear disastrous results, as seen on track for nearly a year, then i would encourage the owner to ask i leave because I am clearly not passionate enough to want to win. This industry excels when its bursting with young, hungry, ambitious engineers ideally (plus Adrian Newey :lol: ). It's when these engineers tend to get steeped into family life they will usually begin to lose their passions and well, slack off. At least in most fields in life. Just human nature.
The car is not one engineer's job. It might be that the bits that individual engineers designed were not---- quality.
But cohesively, it was sh*it. It might be that good ideas are not implemented, or it might be that due to miss or inadequate communication across teams, the gains were not realised, which is directly what Allison is saying in the article.

My point in general is that, when there is too much pressure from the top management without any clear directions/suggestions, people lose the feeling of belonging to the team and try to fix their sh*t instead of focusing on the shared goal (making a fast car). Maybe front-wing guys designed the most efficient front-wing and rear-wing guys also did the same, but when you put two together it didn't work together. Here putting the correct amount of pressure on correct places is the manager's job, and imo where Mike Elliot and Toto failed.

organic