Adverts 2023

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: Adverts

Seems to have been resolved - at least on laptop. NO changes made at my end so I guess someone at the other end adjusted a setting somewhere.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

bluechris

Just_a_fan wrote:Seems to have been resolved - at least on laptop. NO changes made at my end so I guess someone at the other end adjusted a setting somewhere.
Well no to me. Still in chrome in mobile i cannot press the accept button.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

bluechris wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 02:10
Just_a_fan wrote:Seems to have been resolved - at least on laptop. NO changes made at my end so I guess someone at the other end adjusted a setting somewhere.
Strange. Keep bringing it up and hopefully Steven will look in to the problem.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

bluechris

Just_a_fan wrote:
bluechris wrote:

TimW
TimW

bluechris wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 22:11
Just_a_fan wrote:
bluechris wrote:
I also had the issue that I could not press the accept button, but a day or two later I could. I think I cleared cookies & data though.

piast9
piast9

Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Jul 2023, 20:30
Seems to have been resolved - at least on laptop. NO changes made at my end so I guess someone at the other end adjusted a setting somewhere.
Not really. I managed to work around it by (this time properly) disabling pi-hole temporarily on my home network.

If you assume that pi-hole blocks domain name resolving for data gathering and advert sites then accepting or rejecting cookies at this site should not be dependent on those domain names being handled correctly or not.

Perhaps some other people providers or firewalls on their computers also do block those sites causing issues.

Additionally: I've seen identical privacy data acceptance popup on some other sites and it caused identical issues for me. So it is not only the problem of f1technical.net but also other sites who use the same popup.
Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 21:43
I've e-mailed him about this issue and got a response. I've also pointed this thread to him. So he is probably on the mo%$# f^%$R.

Kyo
Kyo

Fixed on my end (laptop, opera). Thank you.

bluechris

It's fixed on me also, really thank you.

piast9
piast9

I've checked it today and it works, with pi-hole on the network. Thanks!

Steven
Owner

Apologies for these troubles guys.
Not sure how people here can assume "it's not considered an issue" when i don't reply. A bit dramatic tbh.

For context, this consent popup is indeed served up by ezoic, a company that also manages the ads. Consent is needed to be able to serve ads while complying with GDPR. As noted in another thread here too, I hate these consent things but a necessary evil.

The problems that you suffered were picked up with ezoic but there is very little I can do, except express my annoyance and consider moving away from them. The latter is not so easy, because, remember, before we did the switch we had these annoying sticky banners at the top of the screen that overlapped the menu.

But again, if you think this isn't on my mind every day, think something else please :wink:

bluechris

Oh again i cannot press the Continue with recommended cookies.
Till yesterday i was fine but now it asked again and i cannot continue to see the forum, since the button is impossible to press.

Steven
Owner

bluechris wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 15:10
Till yesterday i was fine but now it asked again and i cannot continue to see the forum, since the button is impossible to press.
But, what are you doing? Those cookies should be stored for a while.

Why is it you keep on getting the popup?
- Are you always in private mode?
- Always switching browsers / computers?

bluechris

Steven wrote:
bluechris wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 15:10
But, what are you doing? Those cookies should be stored for a while.

Why is it you keep on getting the popup?
- Are you always in private mode?
- Always switching browsers / computers?
Oh not at all, i browse the forum from work with chrome in Windows that works fine and in my home mainly from my mobile that is Android fully updated with chrome again and there is the problem.
I'm ok since tapatalk works ok but i miss sometimes images etc in there. I don't use anything private.

wogx

For the last several days, the forum has stopped showing editorial tweets, maybe it is related to the rebranding of Twitter into X?
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

bluechris

Today the forum let me click the button and i am ok now.
Nothing changed from my side but i don't know if the admin did something.

Either way thx a lot.