Adverts 2023

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
hollus

Re: Adverts

I've seen that too.
Rivals, not enemies.

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Steven
Owner

Hi guys,
Apologies for the high adload. New ad provider insisted to try them, but they're now gone. The idea was to see which zone works better and analysis is ongoing, but clearly it was just too much.

All (recently added) above the fold ads are now gone with just one topscroll above the header active (but only for some countries).

I hope this is better. Looking forward for some feedback again.

Also I wish to repeat that the only intention here is to cover the bills and some advertising for ourselves.

Steven
Owner

Tommy Cookers wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 15:38
Big Tea wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 11:20
Related to this, I have a couple of times lately had an 'accept our conditions' type approval screen which did not have a one-shot reject all option and the 'box-by-box' tick chart was not very clear either.
I did seriously consider not accepting (the modified) item, and TBH, if it was any site except this one, I probably would not have.
GOOD POINT ! - WELL MADE !
Looking into that too. Several things are currently not directly in my control, and I'm obviously not too happy with that.

lio007

Indeed it's gone=>Much better now! Thank you Steven!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

On the desktop site today, there's a "privacy & transparency" pop up that can't be got rid of. The buttons don't work so there's no way to get in to the forum.

Accessing on a phone currently works but...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

bluechris

2 days now i got this message and i cannot press the buttons to proceed... This happens in my mobile with chrome.
I had adaway but i disabled it but nothing changed.
Anyone has any idea why this is happening?
Im writing from Tapatalk now which is better in reading but missing many images so it's a no go.Image

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A528B μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

bluechris wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 20:57
2 days now i got this message and i cannot press the buttons to proceed... This happens in my mobile with chrome.
Im writing from Tapatalk now which is better in reading but missing many images so it's a no go.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202307 ... ffd889.jpg

I get this on my laptop using Opera but not on my phone using Chrome in either mobile or desktop settings.

bluechris

Just_a_fan wrote:
bluechris wrote:
Im writing from Tapatalk now which is better in reading but missing many images so it's a no go.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202307 ... ffd889.jpg

I get this on my laptop using Opera but not on my phone using Chrome in either mobile or desktop settings.
Tried both settings with no luck...

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

This is still happening. Any chance it's going to be resolved?

bluechris

I don't know what else to do really.
Noone else uses chrome in their mobiles? The button for recommended cookies cannot be pressed but all the others work fine...Image

chrisc90

I use chrome on IoS and can browse the site fine. Ads are well placed being at the very top of the page. Only niggle is the very top one sometimes drops down when you tap forum - New posts and you need to scroll past it to click the new posts link, but its nothing major at all.

Kyo
Kyo

Just_a_fan wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 22:01
bluechris wrote:

Same exact problem with Opera on the laptop. Tried rescaling and whatever I could think of, can't press the "continue with recommended cookies" button. "Manage settings" button works though.
Only way around it is by using a different browser (Chrome).

chrisc90

Those on a laptop, can you not use the tab button to cycle through the links on the page?

Kyo
Kyo

chrisc90 wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 13:01
Those on a laptop, can you not use the tab button to cycle through the links on the page?
Tried it, you can, but pressing enter when you're on it doesn't do anything, though this method does work with accesing other buttons that already worked normally as mentioned earlier.