Adverts 2023

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Big Tea

Re: Adverts

bluechris wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 11:27
I don't know what else to do really.
Noone else uses chrome in their mobiles? The button for recommended cookies cannot be pressed but all the others work fine...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202307 ... b849ee.jpg

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A528B μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
I just got this on Opera. It would not let me do anything in the options, only the 'accept anything we say' box seemed active.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AMG.Tzan

The site doesn’t work on Safari! I can’t push the “accept cookies” button!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

chrisc90

AMG.Tzan wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 18:01
The site doesn’t work on Safari! I can’t push the “accept cookies” button!

Works fine here.

bluechris

AMG.Tzan wrote:The site doesn’t work on Safari! I can’t push the “accept cookies” button!
I can even copy the text in the accept button but it does nothing when i click it. I even put a mouse in my mobile and still cannot click it.

Is there a bonus gift or something if you succeed to click it looool :)

chrisc90

bluechris wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 20:46
AMG.Tzan wrote:The site doesn’t work on Safari! I can’t push the “accept cookies” button!
I can even copy the text in the accept button but it does nothing when i click it. I even put a mouse in my mobile and still cannot click it.

Is there a bonus gift or something if you succeed to click it looool :)

Access to the realms of F1 Technical forum :lol: :lol: :wtf:

piast9
piast9

I also have similar issues with inability to accept privacy popup and I did a bit of research. It depends on what network you are connected to!

It doesn't work on any browser (Crome, Firefox, Edge) on my PC at home. It doesn't work on my phone if I am connected to my home WIFI but if I connect to mobile internet it works fine. Also if I take my laptop to work and use their WIFI everything works fine.

I thought it was the matter of the Pi-hole that I run on my router but disabling it doesn't fix the issue. I use MikroTik hAp ac² router. It runs on RouterOS v7.

Edit:
I've also noticed the identical privacy popup at another site (I can't recall which) which I also couldn't accept.
Last edited by piast9 on 10 Jul 2023, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

bluechris

piast9 wrote:
10 Jul 2023, 10:00
I also have similar issues with inability to accept privacy popup and I did a bit of research. It depends on what network you are connected to!

It doesn't work on any browser (Crome, Firefox, Edge) on my PC at home. It doesn't work on my phone if I am connected to my home WIFI but if I connect to mobile internet it works fine. Also if I take my laptop to work and use their WIFI everything works fine.

I thought it was the matter of the Pi-hole that I run on my router but disabling it doesn't fix the issue. I use MikroTik hAp ac² router. It runs on RouterOS v7.
I did tried with the 5G also but its the same provider with my home ... i will try in work also now where the provider is different

Btw i also had pihole and lately i use ADG home in my home network and i had disable it since i 1st discovered the problem but it wasnt that.

Edit: i just tried in work with a different provider with same results.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

piast9 wrote:
10 Jul 2023, 10:00
Nope. My laptop won't work with the pop up, my phone will - both on WiFi in the house so same network.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

piast9
piast9

Just_a_fan wrote:
11 Jul 2023, 01:14
Nope. My laptop won't work with the pop up, my phone will - both on WiFi in the house so same network.
So it depends not only on the network you connect with. I took my laptop to work. I cannot confirm privacy popup when I connect to the home wifi, but I can when I connect to wifi at work. The same machine, the same browser, the same browser session even, only difference is a way I connect to the internet.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

No input from the mods/owner. Presumably this isn't seen as an issue. :?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

bluechris

Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 01:20
No input from the mods/owner. Presumably this isn't seen as an issue. :?
Oh well as long tapatalk works when im in my mobile i am ok.. but it needs fixing for sure.

hansdegit
hansdegit

I've had this as well.

Pihole is my dns server. It works fine when I bypass pihole, so it must be blocking something "in the button". Will investigate further.

organic

There's also now a huge video advert for a lawnmower that autoplays, can't be closed, can't be scrolled past. On mobile

It happens occasionally, without warning. If I have my phone in horizontal mode it occupies the entire screen for the length of the advert after which it disappears and the regular content can be viewed. But it's not predictable and can't be closed. If it starts up when you're trying to press something it'll take you to their website, and even if you're just trying to read someone else's reply it's ridiculously intrusive.

Please fix this

And if I'm holding the screen vertically it cuts off about half of the view whilst also playing distracting moving pictures, so not brilliant either. This seems to happen occasionally - most of the time you open a new page, but it even repeats every so often without changing page. Very annoying.

We are repeatedly having issues with the advertiser services that this site is using. As others have said there's also an accessibility problem with certain browsers when trying to get through the "Accept cookies" page that is sometimes not able to be closed.

Another problem.

piast9
piast9

hansdegit wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 13:12
I've had this as well.

Pihole is my dns server. It works fine when I bypass pihole, so it must be blocking something "in the button". Will investigate further.
Yup! I thought I've disabled pi-hole while my testing but I did not. Proper disabling it solves the problem. So the button relies on something that the pi-hole is blocking which is a bit worrying that the privacy settings acceptance requires some connection known for data gathering that pi-hole is blocking.

chrisc90

Looks like the pop up script is ran by: gatekeeperconsent[dot]com. and main one looks to be: https://www.ezoic.com/

Havent delved too much into it, but imagine you could easily bypass that message with a adblocker.

I use Adblock Plus and dont get hassled by the messages/adverts.