2023 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2023 Haas F1 Team

Zynerji wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 03:16
So. No one talking about Nico using the old spec car and being faster than the new spec.

When will this complete failure of a team principal be held accountable for how awful this is? Can anyone explain the relentless disappointment of this team, and how its allowed to continue?

The fact that Steiner is still employed in F1 is utterly mind boggling to me. 🤯
Cause you keep thinking he's there to win but he gets paid to survive. As far as Haas is concerned, Steiner is better than Horner. Haas basically work out of a suitcase. They will be a perpetual bottom dweller until that changes.

Zynerji

diffuser wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 11:05
Zynerji wrote:
So. No one talking about Nico using the old spec car and being faster than the new spec.

When will this complete failure of a team principal be held accountable for how awful this is? Can anyone explain the relentless disappointment of this team, and how its allowed to continue?

Cause you keep thinking he's there to win but he gets paid to survive. As far as Haas is concerned, Steiner is better than Horner. Haas basically work out of a suitcase. They will be a perpetual bottom dweller until that changes.
So, you are saying they are un-serious contenders that aren't trying to do well?

basti313
basti313

Zynerji wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 12:34
diffuser wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

So, you are saying they are un-serious contenders that aren't trying to do well?
Yes, of course. They are there to drive the Haas logo round the track, they have no intention to compete. They are just surviving with as little money by Gene as possible.
And, as strongly as I dislike Steiner, he is sticking to this perfectly. I guess if you take the profitability over the last 10 years...Haas is somewhere in the top 5 as most teams are in the minus.

The funny point about this is that teams like Williams, AT or AR even lost several races to them.
Don`t russel the hamster!

diffuser

Zynerji wrote:
diffuser wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

Untill the big boss pulls a Stroll, they don't have a chance. Too many of the Haas employees split there time with Ferrari. Working out of the Ferrari office. Haas's best comparison is to SAT. SAT buy the max parts they can from RBR but they have their own factory and people to design and manufacture their aero.

Williams factory is old but they still have one, they can update it and they control who works in it.

Zynerji

diffuser wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 16:47
Zynerji wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Untill the big boss pulls a Stroll, they don't have a chance. Too many of the Haas employees split there time with Ferrari. Working out of the Ferrari office. Haas's best comparison is to SAT. SAT buy the max parts they can from RBR but they have their own factory and people to design and manufacture their aero.

Williams factory is old but they still have one, they can update it and they control who works in it.
Operating a decent car well below its optimum is a failure of leadership. The excuses for the non-performance are obscene. They threw away all of 21 for a head start on 22, just to end up at the bottom yet again.

Terrible leadership leads to terrible results. I'm simply mind-blown it is allowed to continue making HAAS the laughing stock of F1.🙄

diffuser

Zynerji wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 17:28
diffuser wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

Operating a decent car well below its optimum is a failure of leadership. The excuses for the non-performance are obscene. They threw away all of 21 for a head start on 22, just to end up at the bottom yet again.

Terrible leadership leads to terrible results. I'm simply mind-blown it is allowed to continue making HAAS the laughing stock of F1.🙄

Their best bet in 2026, if Ferrari get it right they can do well but they can never win. If they do well early on in 2026, they'll just start to drop further and further back as the season goes on.

Haas should sell to Andredi. Andredi seem to be interested in being a real manufacturer.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 22:45
Zynerji wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Their best bet in 2026, if Ferrari get it right they can do well but they can never win. If they do well early on in 2026, they'll just start to drop further and further back as the season goes on.

Haas should sell to Andredi. Andredi seem to be interested in being a real manufacturer.
If Andretti by Haas, the teams win and we will never see an 11th team. So it makes sense to me for Andretti to open the door on the 11th team rather than taking up an existing team.

Zynerji

I just want a SERIOUS American contender. Not the clusterfk that Steiner imposes on us every year.

I would literally hire Claire Williams to replace Guenther, and my history shows how lowly I rated her as well.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 23:29
diffuser wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 22:45
Zynerji wrote:

If Andretti by Haas, the teams win and we will never see an 11th team. So it makes sense to me for Andretti to open the door on the 11th team rather than taking up an existing team.
Doesn't sound like the teams want an 11th team. Every team except McLaren was against it. Maybe they just want them to pay more for a new team, IDK. As it stands now, Andretti isn't going to start racing any time soon.

diffuser

Zynerji wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 02:15
I just want a SERIOUS American contender. Not the clusterfk that Steiner imposes on us every year.

I would literally hire Claire Williams to replace Guenther, and my history shows how lowly I rated her as well.
Haas imposes it. If Steiner is such a clusterfk, why is he still there? Cause Haas is looking for a Steiner, that's why! I dont understand why you're blind to that and keep laying all this on Steiner. He's just doing what's being asked of him.

Zynerji

diffuser wrote:
29 Nov 2023, 02:51
Zynerji wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 02:15

Haas imposes it. If Steiner is such a clusterfk, why is he still there? Cause Haas is looking for a Steiner, that's why! I dont understand why you're blind to that and keep laying all this on Steiner. He's just doing what's being asked of him.
Engineered mediocrity is probably the worst kind. And I'm upset as it degrades the Pinnacle.

ME4ME

https://www.planetf1.com/news/guenther- ... lly-season
Guenther Steiner points to Oscar Piastri example for impressive rookies
Steiner turned his back on inexperienced drivers after the 2022 season, after fielding Mick Schumacher in 2022 after his debut season in ’21 alongside Nikita Mazepin.

With the German driver’s promise tempered by multiple crashes and incidents, Steiner pointed to the example of the implacable and calm Oscar Piastri.

The Australian, making his debut with McLaren, put in a stellar rookie season to keep up with experienced teammate Lando Norris more often than not, particularly in qualifying, and even managed to win a race as he claimed the Sprint victory in Qatar.

Steiner said Piastri will be used as the blueprint now for teams to compare their rookie drivers against.

“Everybody was scared about rookies. [Piastri] came in and was good straight away,” he said.

“We now see these things and say ‘OK, it worked with Piastri – why would it not work with somebody else? You have some history there now.’
I would've fired Steiner based on these comments. Piastri isn't the first talented rookie. How does Piastri change anything for Steiner at all? Steiner's been in F1 for a long time. He should know that its about performance and talent, rookie or not.

Cs98
Cs98

Gunther is a goner.

Elite
Elite

Yes seems Resta and Guenther gone. I do feel for them in some way. Despite their lack of competitiveness, they can't do much whilst taking so much from Ferrari and I'm sure innovation was hard. But I think the COTA upgrade being a failure was probably the nail in the coffin potentially. I think Otmar will probably replace Steiner as he's good with lower budget teams and some engineer will be promoted into technical director position. It's concerning though as their Head of Aero left earlier this year, could be an inherent culture problem. But all of this said, I think it's for the better but feel bad for Guenther as he is the one who built the team. I encourage anyone who can to read his autobiography, just ignore the little trademark Steiner vocabulary.

franbatista123

ME4ME wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 15:28
https://www.planetf1.com/news/guenther- ... lly-season
Guenther Steiner points to Oscar Piastri example for impressive rookies
Steiner turned his back on inexperienced drivers after the 2022 season, after fielding Mick Schumacher in 2022 after his debut season in ’21 alongside Nikita Mazepin.

With the German driver’s promise tempered by multiple crashes and incidents, Steiner pointed to the example of the implacable and calm Oscar Piastri.

The Australian, making his debut with McLaren, put in a stellar rookie season to keep up with experienced teammate Lando Norris more often than not, particularly in qualifying, and even managed to win a race as he claimed the Sprint victory in Qatar.

Steiner said Piastri will be used as the blueprint now for teams to compare their rookie drivers against.

“Everybody was scared about rookies. [Piastri] came in and was good straight away,” he said.

“We now see these things and say ‘OK, it worked with Piastri – why would it not work with somebody else? You have some history there now.’
I would've fired Steiner based on these comments. Piastri isn't the first talented rookie. How does Piastri change anything for Steiner at all? Steiner's been in F1 for a long time. He should know that its about performance and talent, rookie or not.
Maybe he was haha. But seriously, agree with the previous comment that Otmar would be a good fit, however losing Resta and Steiner is not a good look for the team. Could a sale be on the cards? Finally some "spice" on the off season.