2023 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2023 Alpine F1 Team

A very important podium to recover morale and Gasly's race pace surprised me, he had similar laptimes as Fernando for quite a while.

organic

KimiRai wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 18:19
A very important podium to recover morale and Gasly's race pace surprised me, he had similar laptimes as Fernando for quite a while.
Monaco, Spa (sprint) and now Zandvoort. Car is very competitive with the frontrunners with intermediate tyres

KimiRai
KimiRai

organic wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 18:24
KimiRai wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 18:19
Monaco, Spa (sprint) and now Zandvoort. Car is very competitive with the frontrunners with intermediate tyres
Not only inters though, also on softs, he stayed within 2s of Fernando for a long while. Surely Fernando was doing some tyre saving after he saw he couldn't overtake Perez but considering how qualy went for Alpine it thrived in those conditions.
Last edited by KimiRai on 27 Aug 2023, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

Alonso Fan

great result for the team today and brilliant drive from Gasly
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

KimiRai
KimiRai

A person in the confidential-renault site has posted this, not sure about its credibility but i'll share it:

Before his departure, Szafnauer had managed to secure the signature of a number of important engineers from Red Bull.

Notably the number 3 in RB's aero department, but with Otmar's departure their arrival is no longer assured.

It remains to be seen whether this is confirmed in the next few days.

organic

KimiRai wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 17:52
A person in the confidential-renault site has posted this, not sure about its credibility but i'll share it:

Before his departure, Szafnauer had managed to secure the signature of a number of important engineers from Red Bull.

Notably the number 3 in RB's aero department, but with Otmar's departure their arrival is no longer assured.

That's info from AMuS/Schmidt's latest video.

KimiRai
KimiRai

organic wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 17:57
KimiRai wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 17:52

Ah okay thanks for confirming. Do you happen to know who the number 3 in RB's aero dept might be?

organic

KimiRai wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 17:58
organic wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 17:57
Ah okay thanks for confirming. Do you happen to know who the number 3 in RB's aero dept might be?
Unfortunately not sorry

f1rules
f1rules

Hats of, for Alpine twitter admin for this reply =D> :lol:

JordanMugen

diffuser wrote:
22 Aug 2023, 14:15
So really How good Alpine is, we'll see. They'll have no more excuses.
So is the 100 race plan on track to win the 2025 titles? :)

It seems like Alpine-Renault's Singapore package has not brought as much performance as hoped.

Is all development work focussed on making the 2024 Alpine-Renault a front runner, at least Top 3 WCC? :?:

diffuser wrote:
17 Aug 2023, 20:55
Remove Max from RBR and put in Ocon. How fast does that car look ?
I think Ocon is faster than people think, so that might not be a big problem. Ocon faster than Perez? :?:

Obviously, Alpine back Ocon and Gasly as their first choice of drivers.

diffuser

JordanMugen wrote:
23 Sep 2023, 11:54
diffuser wrote:
22 Aug 2023, 14:15
So really How good Alpine is, we'll see. They'll have no more excuses.
So is the 100 race plan on track to win the 2025 titles? :)

It seems like Alpine-Renault's Singapore package has not brought as much performance as hoped.

Is all development work focussed on making the 2024 Alpine-Renault a front runner, at least Top 3 WCC? :?:

diffuser wrote:
17 Aug 2023, 20:55
Remove Max from RBR and put in Ocon. How fast does that car look ?
I think Ocon is faster than people think, so that might not be a big problem. Ocon faster than Perez? :?:

Obviously, Alpine back Ocon and Gasly as their first choice of drivers.
I think Ocon is as fast as Perez, a good #2. I'm not sure if Gasly is a #1.

Think the 100 race plan was a plan of someone that's nolonger the head of Alpine Racing.

The new guy will have a new plan.

If they are lucky, it's going to be Binotto.

TFSA

https://www.lequipe.fr/Formule-1/Articl ... ne/1422393 (paywall)

Translation (shamelessly stolen from Reddit, so credits to Aernakin on Reddit).

Renault CEO Luca de Meo puts Alpine back in order
1) No more 100 race plans about future success, it's pointless to do so. It was too much arrogance from the team in the public declarations, he let through just to see but not anymore, fired everyone involved in that already

2) Several dozens of new engineers are hired and will start working soon, can't name them yet

3) Now French and British employees should live together and stop hating each other. No more separated hotels, restaurants and activity on race weekends and at the factories because the Anglo-French war is ended since centuries.

4) A big chunk of the team (at least 100 people are concerned) will have to do a commando training with the GIGN (elite french police force) to learn team play, cohesion and efficiency

5) He will put his word in more decision. He don't understand why the former directors said it need 2 years for a new sim and infrastructures when it's the time for Renault to put of the ground an entire new factory able to make 750k cars per year. He gonna speed up every process.

6) Bruno Famin stays the Team Principal until the end of the year.

diffuser

Kind of weird if this French English thing really exists. It just doesn't make sense to me. I presume with Alpine being French, everything internally is French? Is the everything at enstone in English?

I heard that Honda does all designs/documentation in english. I'd presume Alpine to be the same? Most people with that level of education can communicate effectively in English... Usually these types of quarles are with people at lower education levels. That's my experience, not a fact.

JordanMugen

diffuser wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 21:13
Kind of weird if this French English thing really exists. It just doesn't make sense to me. I presume with Alpine being French, everything internally is French? Is the everything at enstone in English?
I found that on Renault diagnostics software for road cars, for no particular reason half of the diagnostics pages are in French and half of the pages are in English!

Holm86

Seems like a joke, but it isn't 😄