2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
f1jcw
f1jcw

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Alok91 wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 11:10
I made some comment about potential AM-Honda tie up for 26 in AM2022 thread, since then there is news by The-Race about McClaren-Honda reunoin. For AM to be champion they need works engine deal , so what if they start building their own engine like Redbull with funding from Aramco and badge their engine with 'Aramco powertrain' branding. Lawrence Stroll saw that the silverstone team need better facilities so he invested in new factory now next logical step is getting their own engine, also AM have road car company which stands to benefit from such investment in engine facilities.What do you guys think?.
The road car division already get engines and electrics from Mercedes who own part of Aston Martin, it’s not finance wise for the road car division to start wasting money building their own engines, they’ve being there and done it with V12s and unfortunately these are now a dead end with EU banning ice engines in the next decade

ringo

Ocon beat him. Stroll can do the same. It's his daddy's team. If Alonso feels he is going to get the best strategy, the best mechanics, the best engineers and the best parts then he has another thing coming!
Stroll will outqualify him fair and square, but even if Alonso races better than stroll I am sure the little alpine PU gremlin stowed away in Alonso's pocket and bailed off into the AMR23's air infake. His bad luck is far from over. :lol:
For Sure!!

Bill
Bill

ringo wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 07:59
Ocon beat him. Stroll can do the same. It's his daddy's team. If Alonso feels he is going to get the best strategy, the best mechanics, the best engineers and the best parts then he has another thing coming!
Stroll will outqualify him fair and square, but even if Alonso races better than stroll I am sure the little alpine PU gremlin stowed away in Alonso's pocket and bailed off into the AMR23's air infake. His bad luck is far from over. :lol:
ocon didn't beat Alonso ,he was unfortunate to have have a series of pu reliability problems while in good point scoring position.

Chuckjr

ringo wrote:
Do you have as much confidence in Stroll as you do the Merc turd pods? Lol

Fred will WASTE the boy. Lance Stroll shouldn’t be in F1 anymore than Mick Schumacher.
Watching F1 since 1986.

organic

I think if you ask 1000 fans if stroll will beat Alonso across the season, you might be the only one to say Stroll will win Ringo!

organic

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 12:37
I think if you ask 1000 fans if stroll will beat Alonso across the season, you might be the only one to say Stroll will win Ringo!
behave :lol:

PinkFloydPulse

ringo wrote:
Haters gonna hate… ;) You are just making yourself look s****d… No way the kid beats him! Only way he has a chance of having more points by the end of the year is if Fred has a ton of DNFs from mechanical failures!
Team Fernando!

f1jcw
f1jcw

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 19:08
ringo wrote:
Haters gonna hate… ;) You are just making yourself look s****d… No way the kid beats him! Only way he has a chance of having more points by the end of the year is if Fred has a ton of DNFs from mechanical failures!
I can quite easily see Stroll beating him, not saying he will but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Coming from Christian, makes me excited for the launch & season ahead -

https://www.planetf1.com/news/christian ... on-martin/

ringo

organic wrote:
I dont have any ill feelings toward Stroll. I think some drivers get a bad rap from f1 fans who get knee jerk reactions once they see a driver as a pay driver.
Stroll is good. He is not a prodigy and neither is he crap. What I will say is he may outqualify Alonso and he will do better in the rain.
Yes alonso may well do better on finishing higher because of race pace and experience and craft. But after carefully watching Stroll since he has come to F1, I cannot honestly dismiss him as a rubbish driver. He has some quality.
For Sure!!

Vanja #66

Alonso likes to praise his teammates, only to smack them down on track. He was never beaten on merit and performance. Hamilton had the support of Dennis and Ocon had a ridiculously reliable car.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ringo wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 21:14
organic wrote:
I dont have any ill feelings toward Stroll. I think some drivers get a bad rap from f1 fans who get knee jerk reactions once they see a driver as a pay driver.
Stroll is good. He is not a prodigy and neither is he crap. What I will say is he may outqualify Alonso and he will do better in the rain.
Yes alonso may well do better on finishing higher because of race pace and experience and craft. But after carefully watching Stroll since he has come to F1, I cannot honestly dismiss him as a rubbish driver. He has some quality.
Can't see what you'd base any of this on.

Vettel won the h2h in every metric last year. Alonso is easily driving as well as or better than Vettel last year.

I have to say it's amusing seeing the 2 comments that think Stroll would beat Alonso and "wouldn't be surprised".

I'll tell you what's not surprising.... :wink: okay okay I'll behave....for now... :lol:

ringo

He has done better Q3 sessions than Vettel a few times. What holds him back is maybe poor preparation. But Stroll has raw speed ignoring preparation for q3 and also silly moves in the race. He is like a Grosjean, the pace is there but everything else needs some work.
He also seems to go well in greasy conditions.
Again like another poster said.. don't be surprised if Alons gets beaten. And yes it may be no fault of his own because of bad luck. But its not outside the realm of possibility.
I am sticking my neck out to say Stroll wins the qualy head to head.
I am also interested to see the team dynamic with Alonso and how he leads the team. How will he deal with disappointment, team errors etc. Will he cry for team orders to help his own cause? will he race stroll hard?
Interesting times ahead.
For Sure!!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ringo wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 21:23
He has done better Q3 sessions than Vettel a few times. What holds him back is maybe poor preparation. But Stroll has raw speed ignoring preparation for q3 and also silly moves in the race. He is like a Grosjean, the pace is there but everything else needs some work.
He also seems to go well in greasy conditions.
Again like another poster said.. don't be surprised if Alons gets beaten. And yes it may be no fault of his own because of bad luck. But its not outside the realm of possibility.
I am sticking my neck out to say Stroll wins the qualy head to head.
I am also interested to see the team dynamic with Alonso and how he leads the team. How will he deal with disappointment, team errors etc. Will he cry for team orders to help his own cause? will he race stroll hard?
Interesting times ahead.
Qualifying is by far Stroll's worst asset. Perez won the qualy h2h vs Stroll 10-4 in 2020 and Perez is considered by far a better racer than he is a qualifier. Furthermore, Stroll and Grosjean couldn't be further apart in skillset. Grosjean was known for his 1 lap speed, and not his racing. Stroll the opposite. Stroll has never been known for 1 lap speed.