2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
xReVo
xReVo

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

They didn't use Bahrain specs, They used exactly Bahrain's car. Look at the sidepods, they are the old ones

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

By running the Bahrain car, they would also rule out any effect of the mid-season tire change.

issey
issey

diffuser

T - 11 weeks to pre-season testing :mrgreen:

Probably T - 10 weeks for AMR24 launch!

diffuser

issey wrote:
29 Nov 2023, 01:15
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10022 ... ll-update/
“Our simulator will be incredibly advanced. This is the next generation of Formula One infrastructure, and it’ll be here soon.

“Each of our three buildings will be linked together by an elevated bridge at first-floor level so that people can traverse each one without braving the unpredictable British weather.

“With high ceilings and large panes of glass used in the construction of these buildings, there will be plenty of natural light to provide a healthier and more inspiring working environment.

“We’re going to start moving people here in January 2024 but it will still be a construction site because the wind tunnel is the next element.

Looks like the simulator will be ready in January. Wonder if all these different tests are to gather data to fill the simulator database?

KimiRai
KimiRai

diffuser wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 19:49
Looks like the simulator will be ready in January. Wonder if all these different tests are to gather data to fill the simulator database?
I thought the construction progress was slower. January?

-wkst-
-wkst-

Only staff for the production of parts will move in at January in building 3.

Wind tunnel and simulator will be both ready in October 2024.

issey
issey

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

issey wrote:
04 Dec 2023, 16:30
I wonder if
They make a floor wich creat huge amount of downforce at low speed but can release vacuum at high speed ,so can run the car on smaller wings and the car will not be dragy. Imagine if you could have 10% more downforce (vacuum) at low speed so you can use 10%less wing ,but at high speed you can release 10% vacuum from under the floor . Basically 10% less wing and 10% less downforce(vacuum) at high speed. Is make sense??

diffuser

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
04 Dec 2023, 17:59
issey wrote:
I wonder if
They make a floor wich creat huge amount of downforce at low speed but can release vacuum at high speed ,so can run the car on smaller wings and the car will not be dragy. Imagine if you could have 10% more downforce (vacuum) at low speed so you can use 10%less wing ,but at high speed you can release 10% vacuum from under the floor . Basically 10% less wing and 10% less downforce(vacuum) at high speed. Is make sense??
Think you're talking about causing a floor stall at a certain speed, which is happening during porpoising. The bounce up is caused by the floor getting too close to the ground and creating a stall in the aero under the floor. That releases the floor to a height where it creates more DF. That starts the suction to drop the height back down again. I guess that means it is possible just controlling it is gonna have to be done with the rear suspension and no electronics. You're also gonna have to take into account the DRS activation, that will change the height of the rear end. The other question is does the floor create a significant amount of drag and does creating a stall reduce drag? We know it reduces DF.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

diffuser wrote:
04 Dec 2023, 20:52
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
04 Dec 2023, 17:59
issey wrote:
I wonder if
Think you're talking about causing a floor stall at a certain speed, which is happening during porpoising. The bounce up is caused by the floor getting too close to the ground and creating a stall in the aero under the floor. That releases the floor to a height where it creates more DF. That starts the suction to drop the height back down again. I guess that means it is possible just controlling it is gonna have to be done with the rear suspension and no electronics. You're also gonna have to take into account the DRS activation, that will change the height of the rear end. The other question is does the floor create a significant amount of drag and does creating a stall reduce drag? We know it reduces DF.
Yes exactly, im so glad you mentioned the rear suspension, but I will talk about a bit later. I think the floor doesn't make significant drag but a lot of downforce and if you can creat significantly more downforce by floor then you can use smaller wings and the wings makes a lot of drag. I think Redbull exactly this figured out. They made on purpose a over powered floor . Anyway about the suspension. We know literally Newey only was working at rear suspension on Redbull. What if Redbull somehow able to play with rear suspension and the ride height. We know every millimeters counts in tenths especially if is controlled. Don't forget many teams like Ferrari or Mercedes get faster as the car becomes lighter from the burned fuel. They said a lot of time that at last sint the car became alive .Redbull seems always alive. In USA I think Aston figured out something like this when they changed the setup and started from box,just they rear suspension don't support kinda ride height change.

diffuser

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
04 Dec 2023, 21:49

Yes exactly, im so glad you mentioned the rear suspension, but I will talk about a bit later. I think the floor doesn't make significant drag but a lot of downforce and if you can creat significantly more downforce by floor then you can use smaller wings and the wings makes a lot of drag. I think Redbull exactly this figured out. They made on purpose a over powered floor . Anyway about the suspension. We know literally Newey only was working at rear suspension on Redbull. What if Redbull somehow able to play with rear suspension and the ride height. We know every millimeters counts in tenths especially if is controlled. Don't forget many teams like Ferrari or Mercedes get faster as the car becomes lighter from the burned fuel. They said a lot of time that at last sint the car became alive .Redbull seems always alive. In USA I think Aston figured out something like this when they changed the setup and started from box,just they rear suspension don't support kinda ride height change.
Red bull Seem to run alot of rear wing, They tend to take wing off the beam wing, BEFORE they take it off the rear wing. I think that's one of the reasons why it just takes off with the DRS.

Think everyone tries to get the max DF from the floor, that's where RBR strength comes from. RBR is just better at it.

AMR in Austin Texas just got the ride height wrong from the lack of free practise time and brake problems. They probably also ran it closer to the ground, they had replaced the plank, so it didn't have to last a Quali, shootout, sprint race and race.

Mansell89
Mansell89

So is it from next season AM build their own suspension and gearbox?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Mansell89 wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 00:06
So is it from next season AM build their own suspension and gearbox?
No, I think they will only start from 2026.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP