2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

organic wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 19:13
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 19:00
-wkst- wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 16:55
Fallows talked to speedcafe:

https://speedcafe.com/aston-martin-new- ... ig-change/

Biggest advantage of the new wind tunnel is the flexibility.
Tunnel won't be fully ready until the end of the year he guess, although it will be online around August (must be set up perfectly that their standard development programme can move in).

Good news that wind tunnel testing for the 2026 regulations are not allowed until the beginning of 2025.
I thinking, how they will calibrate the wind tunnel. What will be the "sample" ,how they will know if the wind tunnel data is match with the CFD and simulator?I mean if they calibrate the wind tunnel to the cfd and simulator or inversely? Also what innovation will be inside?
They can calibrate with on-track data from running in FP with aero rakes and they can run both wind tunnels concurrently to ensure that new tunnel matches old (merc) tunnel's data
Yeah but how they know if the track data is good?
Other hand if they will compare to the Mercedes wind tunnel ,then is not guaranteed that the Mercedes wind tunnel also perfect. We heard last year also,that they had problem with it.

Andres125sx

I guess the same as any other wind tunnel, with on-track data

But they do not need to do it with the latest piece, they can use old cars wich they know perfectly their aerodynamics.

I imagine they do not use new parts until they rely on its accuracy 99%

KimiRai
KimiRai

AR3-GP wrote:
07 Jan 2024, 21:19
Everyone once in a while I remember a random FA moment. First lap at Zandvoort.
Happens to all of us

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 03:05
AR3-GP wrote:
07 Jan 2024, 21:19
Everyone once in a while I remember a random FA moment. First lap at Zandvoort.
Happens to all of us
Unavoidable really :lol:

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:

Tunnel won't be fully ready until the end of the year he guess, although it will be online around August (must be set up perfectly that their standard development programme can move in).

Good news that wind tunnel testing for the 2026 regulations are not allowed until the beginning of 2025.
Thanks for the article, but I think you've missed this quote from Fallows: "We've got some interesting technology going into that tunnel". Wonder what that is

organic

KimiRai wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 04:33
-wkst- wrote:

Thanks for the article, but I think you've missed this quote from Fallows: "We've got some interesting technology going into that tunnel". Wonder what that is
Hamsters + wheels powered so it's free to run

Redragon

:lol:
organic wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 07:17
KimiRai wrote:
-wkst- wrote:

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Redragon wrote:
11 Jan 2024, 15:29
:lol:
organic wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 07:17
KimiRai wrote:

1.Multi-Objective Optimization: Incorporate optimization algorithms that consider multiple performance criteria simultaneously. This helps in achieving a well-balanced and efficient aerodynamic design for different aspects of the race, such as top speed, cornering.
2.ACFD (Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics ) capabilities with the latest algorithms and high-performance computing. This allows for more accurate simulations and quicker turnaround times in the design process.
3.Implement machine learning algorithms (AI) to analyze vast amounts of data generated during wind tunnel testing. This can help identify patterns, optimize designs, and speed up the iterative process.
4.Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR): AR and VR technologies to visualize and interact with the aerodynamic simulations. This can aid in better understanding the airflow around the vehicle and make collaborative design decisions.
I dont know man, maybe hamster do better.:)

-wkst-
-wkst-

After 2 days in the factory and sim ALO is "ready to cook again":
https://www.tiktok.com/@fernandoalonso/ ... iwr13RxFB3

I would say quite a good sign.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

-wkst- wrote:
11 Jan 2024, 18:33
After 2 days in the factory and sim ALO is "ready to cook again":
https://www.tiktok.com/@fernandoalonso/ ... iwr13RxFB3

I would say quite a good sign.
The video location at Silverstone Circuit.

issey
issey

This guy was a huge part of the success of Red Bulls pitstops in the last few years, that’s definitely a helping hand for Aston Martin in terms of Pit Stop times.

KimiRai
KimiRai

issey wrote:
12 Jan 2024, 10:52
This guy was a huge part of the success of Red Bulls pitstops in the last few years, that’s definitely a helping hand for Aston Martin in terms of Pit Stop times.

Thanks for sharing and great news, though it seems the announcement was two months ago. Guess most just missed it then

KimiRai
KimiRai

These two as well.
A week ago
ScottR267 wrote:
12 Jan 2024, 22:14
Daniel Howard, previously ex Mercedes has left Hitech and joined Aston Martin as a senior stress engineer
Two months ago
ralphster7 wrote:
12 Jan 2024, 01:22
Nick Smith frm Operations Manager for Hitech's failed F1 Programme and ex Red Bull, Manor and Caterham has joined Aston Martin as Head of Supply Chain.