[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2023 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2023 (Grand Prix Cars)

spacehead3 wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 19:23
yinlad wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 17:21
Another year with an evolution of the rules we have now would certainly provide a close field based on where many teams have got to so far this year.
Having seen how close the results are for this final race (should be published soon) I would very much like to see everyone continue to develop these cars. It's especially interesting given the mix of high and low downforce solutions, I could see a lot of race wins coming down to who's car best suits a given track.
Actually the choice to move forward with the 2026 rules (even if still a little undefined) is fascinating, but also the idea of ​​refining the current volumes, which are at a good level of detail and reliability, is attractive

spacehead3

I haven't looked into it much, but all that I've heard for 2026 is slightly shorter cars and maybe back to small wheels? It sounds like the overall aero concept is not expected to change too much. Those two things would be easy enough to change at least, without needing to re-do all of the volumes.
Max Taylor

yinlad

CAEdevice wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 20:03
spacehead3 wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 19:23
yinlad wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 17:21
Another year with an evolution of the rules we have now would certainly provide a close field based on where many teams have got to so far this year.
Having seen how close the results are for this final race (should be published soon) I would very much like to see everyone continue to develop these cars. It's especially interesting given the mix of high and low downforce solutions, I could see a lot of race wins coming down to who's car best suits a given track.
Actually the choice to move forward with the 2026 rules (even if still a little undefined) is fascinating, but also the idea of ​​refining the current volumes, which are at a good level of detail and reliability, is attractive
I agree with both. My concern with going to a 2026 style regulation set now is that by the time we actually get to 2026 it might be less interesting to carry on? Not sure.

I do think next year would see a lot more race specific packages if we carried on with these regs, which is interesting in itself.

I would like to see some minor tweaks on some volumes though.

- Possible engine cover volume reduction to limit the universally adopted sails. They are what they are, but just take us a bit far from 'reality' for my liking.

- Floor volume and rule tweaks.
- Begin to free up fence rules to allow some shaping in the Z axis
- A touch more volume in the thinner floor zones like diffuser wall, just to give a smidge more room for shaping.
- Rework floor edge volume/rules. I don't think the current volume we added brings much for the resolution and/or floor edge height we run. 12.4.1 could cover the whole floor edge outboard of the tunnel

- Add an upper rear brake duct volume, or expand the existing volume
MVRC - Panthera

yinlad

spacehead3 wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 20:37
I haven't looked into it much, but all that I've heard for 2026 is slightly shorter cars and maybe back to small wheels? It sounds like the overall aero concept is not expected to change too much. Those two things would be easy enough to change at least, without needing to re-do all of the volumes.
Based on the render that came out, it'd be a narrow front wing and some hefty floor volume changes

viewtopic.php?t=30400&start=180

As seen here
MVRC - Panthera

LVDH

The season is not over. The last race will reveal some interesting results.
Thanks to cloudHPC, we have the results since yesterday, which is great. But there are additional steps to present them, so you will have a wait just a little bit more...

In any case, so far, I have only put little thought into how we will progress. When the time is right, I will also ask in the forum. The general idea I have, is to only slightly modify the regs for the next season. Partially for improvements, but to an extent to move towards 2026. For 2025, I would like to have the 2026 F1 rules.

In the next months, I will tightly integrate cloudHPC into MFlow. This will also affect the challenge. So, I am also happy to hear what you would like to get out of it (although I do the answer, but maybe you can be a bit more creative).

spacehead3

yinlad wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 20:54
Based on the render that came out, it'd be a narrow front wing and some hefty floor volume changes

As seen here
Is that based on any real info though? Looks like they just mashed up a 2008 F1 and an Indycar
Max Taylor

yinlad

spacehead3 wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 21:16
yinlad wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 20:54

As seen here
Is that based on any real info though? Looks like they just mashed up a 2008 F1 and an Indycar
Honestly, no idea. I can't see to find anything public that matches this and the original website post is in German
MVRC - Panthera

yinlad

LVDH wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 21:14
The season is not over. The last race will reveal some interesting results.
Thanks to cloudHPC, we have the results since yesterday, which is great. But there are additional steps to present them, so you will have a wait just a little bit more...

In any case, so far, I have only put little thought into how we will progress. When the time is right, I will also ask in the forum. The general idea I have, is to only slightly modify the regs for the next season. Partially for improvements, but to an extent to move towards 2026. For 2025, I would like to have the 2026 F1 rules.

In the next months, I will tightly integrate cloudHPC into MFlow. This will also affect the challenge. So, I am also happy to hear what you would like to get out of it (although I do the answer, but maybe you can be a bit more creative).
Sounds great. I'm excited for the results now! Can't wait for 2024. Hoping for an earlier start and more races =P~
MVRC - Panthera

Koldskaal

FINAL RACE RESULTS

MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian

yinlad

Wow, pretty crazy results. Perfect season denied at the last hurdle. I'm gutted to have only finished 6th but what a tight field. Looking forward to next year!
MVRC - Panthera

Busor
Busor

What a thrilling last race of the season. Great achievement for Variante to win this one, congratulations!
Also what a season for Graph, congratulations on the MVRC World Champion Title!
I'm happy to have reached the podium for the last race to end my first season in MVRC. Very excited for the next year!
Busor

CAEdevice

1.3 seconds from 1st to 8th position: never seen such a performance balance.

Great season for GRaph, congratulations!

A bit of statistics: GRaph tied the absolute record of victories and second places (4 wins + 1 second place) of the legendary CSR team (KVRC 2014) and beat the previous MVRC record (CAEdevice 4 wins + 1 third place).

CAEdevice

Busor wrote:
15 Dec 2023, 09:57
What a thrilling last race of the season. Great achievement for Variante to win this one, congratulations!
I'm happy to have reached the podium for the last race to end my first season in MVRC. Very excited for the next year!
Congratulations to you for the constant growth.

LVDH

Busor wrote:
15 Dec 2023, 09:57
When I saw the numbers, I actually thought you won. I was very surprised when I saw it was "only" a P3.

In any case, congratulations to everyone but especially to GRaph. That was one very dominant season. And I bet he only lost this race, because he is working on destroying everyone next year again.

Many thanks also to all the helpers, esp Matteo, Max and Christian. Without you MVRC would probably not be possible.

And now, we can also thank cloudHPC. In this race, they provided the computing power. And as we prepared pretty well, it went pretty well and I had the results on Tuesday already. While we could in theory always provide everything in three days, I think from now on, you can expect results coming in the weekend after the submission.

With Variante climbing back to the top and Busor doing really well, all we need is to get JJR back and next season will be even better than this one.

variante

Oh yes! Feels good to win again after a full year =D>

Again, congratulations to GRaph for this well deserved championship. Sorry for ruining your streak :P
And what an amazing progression from Busor!

Well done everybody. You all produces well designed cars.
They're all tightly packed, which is very promising for next season.

Finally, a big thank to the MVRC team and to the sponsors!