520 errors

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
gandharva

Re: 520 errors

Never seen this banner in FF.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... utcookies/
Ublock origin and pihole on a raspi take care of the rest.

Wouter

hollus wrote:
29 Jun 2023, 22:16
Thanks. Just for the record, when I get that screen, I can click on it just fine, and move on.
Just for the record, I got this from early Wednesday morning till Thursday evening on mobile and laptop. Green button didn't work
so I had no acces to the site.
Only on an iPad with Safari it didn't appear. Now everything is fine again.

The Power of Dreams!

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Steven wrote:
25 May 2023, 18:26
n_anirudh wrote:
25 May 2023, 14:05
There also appears to be a new banned for cookies - which wasnt there earlier

Webpages unreachable - mostly the Mercedes ones for some weird reason #-o
You mean the tiny white banner for cookie consent at the bottom with a single green button?
That's been there for ages and your agreement is stored in a cookie, but that cookie expires after a year I believe.
Strangely, wasnt for me, but gotten used to it over time :D :D

Steven
Owner

The bigger one is because of more strict cookie regulations and GDPR in the EU.
Consent is needed before any non-essential cookies may be stored, rather than previously the simple acknowledgement.

I hate it too :!:

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

The whole cookie issue needs sorting (in general, not specifically on F1T). There ought to be a simple option in the browser that says "no non-essential cookies" like we have "no tracking" or "no ads". When one looks at some of the so-called essential cookies required by some site - looking at Formula1.com, for example - there are cookies for cruise lines. Why is that essential to the functioning of a website?

The EU was right to try to control cookies, they just need to get on top of it properly so that the users don't have to constantly tick boxes and scroll through cookie options.

Sorry, rant over. :oops:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Steven
Owner

Apologies for yesterday's downtime.
The problem was not due to us but the ad proxy injecting ads that was failing, causing many to see the cloudflare error page for several hours yesterday.

As there was no immediate solution and because we have had issues before with this setup I have reverted everything and we're now back running without proxies. Good old direct server access, no external interventions (meaning it's definitely faster again too).

Note: the cookie consent popup is now also gone but that means we're not compliant to current laws. Working on an alternative.

Sieper

It works very well now. Yesterday I could indeed not access.

Hopefully this structure can be used, whilst being compliant.