Ramifications and speculation around TD045 and how it affects team operations

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
vorticism

Re: Ramifications and speculation around TD045 and how it affects team operations

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Sep 2023, 18:30
Apparently Mclaren built a ground effects track car :wink:

It's called the Mclaren Solus. It was debuted at the '23 Goodwood.

https://i.postimg.cc/SK5DSVdr/image.png
It gets worse. Apparently McLaren have also been developing top shelf aero components specifically for F1 cars for, get this, over four decades. How do you even begin to quantify that sort of head start? And it doesn't stop there. I've heard Mercedes had been developing turbochargers for fifty years, diesels for over sixty, EV tech for nearly forty, and had GDI tech *seventy* years ago, and not only that they were literally manufacturing *millions* of all these items on the side during the same years as the hybrid turbo oil burning engine regs. The whole sport is corrupt smh. Might as well wipe all F1 stats clean and start the clock again back at around 2013.

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 15:04
Verstappen is driving the Aston Martin Valkyrie in a tunnel: https://imgur.com/a/XGSfhdE

This must be RB's plan to circumvent the summer shutdown and the budget cap all at once. It must be stopped!

:wink:
I heard you liked tunnels, so we put two tunnels on your car and drove it in a tunnel so you can have a tunnel next to a tunnel while you're inside a tunnel.
𓄀

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: Ramifications and speculation around TD045 and how it affects team operations

vorticism wrote:
12 Sep 2023, 18:42
AR3-GP wrote:
12 Sep 2023, 18:30
Apparently Mclaren built a ground effects track car :wink:

It's called the Mclaren Solus. It was debuted at the '23 Goodwood.

https://i.postimg.cc/SK5DSVdr/image.png
It gets worse. Apparently McLaren have also been developing top shelf aero components specifically for F1 cars for, get this, over four decades. How do you even begin to quantify that sort of head start? And it doesn't stop there. I've heard Mercedes had been developing turbochargers for fifty years, diesels for over sixty, EV tech for nearly forty, and had GDI tech *seventy* years ago, and not only that they were literally manufacturing *millions* of all these items on the side during the same years as the hybrid turbo oil burning engine regs. The whole sport is corrupt smh. Might as well wipe all F1 stats clean and start the clock again back at around 2013.

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 15:04
Verstappen is driving the Aston Martin Valkyrie in a tunnel: https://imgur.com/a/XGSfhdE

This must be RB's plan to circumvent the summer shutdown and the budget cap all at once. It must be stopped!

:wink:
I heard you liked tunnels, so we put two tunnels on your car and drove it in a tunnel so you can have a tunnel next to a tunnel while you're inside a tunnel.
I guess we can pickup where we left off. Any more reports on TD045 rule breakers?

TFSA

AR3-GP wrote:I guess we can pickup where we left off. Any more reports on TD045 rule breakers?
Don't expect to hear anything until the FIA finishes next years cost cap evaluation.

Stu

TFSA wrote:
10 Oct 2023, 00:30
AR3-GP wrote:I guess we can pickup where we left off. Any more reports on TD045 rule breakers?
Don't expect to hear anything until the FIA finishes next years cost cap evaluation.
Although I guess there will now be a pile-on aimed at AMR now that they are finally taking the Valkyrie to the WEC…
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Cs98
Cs98

Stu wrote:
10 Oct 2023, 07:41
TFSA wrote:
Although I guess there will now be a pile-on aimed at AMR now that they are finally taking the Valkyrie to the WEC…
Is the production still outsourced to RB Advanced Technologies? Could be a de facto RB car racing in WEC :lol:

TFSA

Stu wrote:
TFSA wrote:
Red Bull Advanced Technologies you mean. They designed the chassis and the aero.
AM is pretty much just the branding, production and the certification. Not sure who is responsible for the engine.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

TFSA wrote:
10 Oct 2023, 14:51
Stu wrote:
TFSA wrote:

Red Bull Advanced Technologies you mean. They designed the chassis and the aero.
AM is pretty much just the branding, production and the certification. Not sure who is responsible for the engine.
I believe Cosworth is responsible for the engine which could have ties to Ford...nothing on the books, but likely sharing information with RBPT at the pubs.

Sevach
Sevach

AR3-GP wrote:
10 Oct 2023, 16:09

I believe Cosworth is responsible for the engine which could have ties to Ford...nothing on the books, but likely sharing information with RBPT at the pubs.
Ford sold Cosworth when the Jaguar team went under, the F1 team went to Red Bull, Cosworth made the rounds, circa 2010 the CART series owned the company.
I don't know if Indycar kept it on the fusion.